Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleRobotic_touch
Female
Re: Now I'm scared......... [Re: Robotic_touch]
    #3387991 - 11/20/04 05:24 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Sympoms:
What are the symptoms?

A complaint of inability to move the trunk or limbs at sleep onset or upon awakening
Presence of brief episodes of partial or complete skeletal muscle paralysis
Episodes can be associated with hypnagogic hallucinations or dream-like mentation (act or use of the brain)

In some cases, when hypnogogic hallucinations are present, people feel that someone is in the room with them, some experience the feeling that someone or something is sitting on their chest and they feel impending death and suffocation. That has been called the ?Hag Phenomena? and has been happening to people over the centuries. These things cause people much anxiety and terror, but there is no physical harm.

Some people with disrupted sleep schedules or circadian rhythm disturbances experience sleep paralysis.

Paralysis while asleep is the normal condition. The body secretes hormones which relax certain muscles and prevent you from acting out your dreams. If it didn?t you would be in quite some danger every time you went to sleep.
The process of waking up might seem quite simple to you. But it?s actually a complex process involving many physiological changes. One of these is the reversal of the paralysis. People experience sleep paralysis when the hormone doesn?t wear off fast enough as they wake up. They remain paralysed though conscious. Because they have little sensation from their body, if they are lying on their backs, it can feel like someone is sitting on their chest. Eventually the paralysis departs and normal functions can be resumed.

--------------------

Edited by Robotic_touch (11/20/04 05:29 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMcKennaFan200
AmateurGairologist

#3387993 - 11/20/04 05:25 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Oooh, you're all top-secret superspy? Alright, you will be called B.

--------------------

"It seemed to me culture is a shabby lie. Or at least this culture is a shabby lie. If you work like a dog, you get 260 channels of bad television and a German automobile. What kind of perfection is that?"-McKenna

Offlinegrphish
the Modern dayPacman

Re: Now I'm scared......... [Re: McKennaFan200]
    #3388035 - 11/20/04 05:41 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

its the incubus raping your ass when your asleep!
you have sleep deamon jizz in ur ass

--------------------
BoUnCy BaLL IS All SoUrCe OF LIGhT AnD HaPPiNeSS!!~! *bEEP* *beEP*

Offlineadamj
Superhero
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, CAN
    #3388208 - 11/20/04 07:17 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Sleep Paralysis.

I get it all the time. At first it was kinda fucked up, but now it's just annoying, hehe. Just get up and go take a piss, or drink some water. Should be fine.

InvisibleJettaJay
PsychedelicStranger
 User Gallery

#3388218 - 11/20/04 07:24 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

McKennaFan200 said:
Hahahaha. I'm just messin with ya. I am Justin. And now a serious answer to your first post....nope, never happened to me ever.

You can't be. Thats my name as well.

--------------------
I saw a little green light buzzing around in a tree, and it dawned on me that "they" were here
~~~LouiseLouise

OfflineMcKennaFan200
AmateurGairologist

Re: Now I'm scared......... [Re: JettaJay]
    #3388222 - 11/20/04 07:26 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

There are others as well......oh no.

--------------------

"It seemed to me culture is a shabby lie. Or at least this culture is a shabby lie. If you work like a dog, you get 260 channels of bad television and a German automobile. What kind of perfection is that?"-McKenna

InvisibleJettaJay
PsychedelicStranger
 User Gallery

#3388268 - 11/20/04 08:00 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

McKennaFan200 said:
There are others as well......oh no.

I thought I was the only one. :crying:
Just Kidding

--------------------
I saw a little green light buzzing around in a tree, and it dawned on me that "they" were here
~~~LouiseLouise

InvisibleCorporal Kielbasa

#3388292 - 11/20/04 08:15 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Ghosts kick ass!

Offlinebeejay
some randominternet dude

Loc: The Dark Tower
    #3388308 - 11/20/04 08:23 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah Ive had similar experiences. Im pretty sure theyre not supernatural, though I dont discredit the possibility, I just have no first hand experience in such matters... I think. A couple of times now Ive woken from dead sleep and was suddenly terrified of the dark, confused, and with little motor function. As soon as I get up and get a light on Im fine, then I can turn it back off and go to sleep. Im not sure exactly what causes it, but it seems to be common in active dreamers. So have no fear Ms. B :smile:

--------------------
Anjaba said:
Oh shit, don't drink it.... It would eat away your esophagus...
mantis said:
Leave me out of this pissing contest, you fascist wang-dang-doodle!
Hattori Hanzo said:
If on your journey, you should encounter God, God will be cut

OfflineMcKennaFan200
AmateurGairologist

Re: Now I'm scared......... [Re: JettaJay]
    #3388412 - 11/20/04 09:23 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

There is a guy called Dr.J on here....same first AND last name as I have...scary.

--------------------

OfflineToTheSummit
peregrinus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Las Vegas
    #3388667 - 11/20/04 10:38 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah, classic symptoms of sleep paralysis. I've had it all my life. Freaked me out as a kid because of my religeous upbringing, I thought it was demons. I began to understand it as a teenager. Now I find it rather pleasing when it happens. Its fun to relax and go with it just to see how long it lasts. It almost always happens to me when I'm really tired and just dozing off.

--------------------
You invented the wheel....You push the motherfucker!!

InvisiblePeterthinks
(Caulking) gun for hire

Re: Now I'm scared......... [Re: ToTheSummit]
    #3389019 - 11/20/04 12:09 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

My buddy calls it the hodges.
feels like that falling feeling you get when you're walking down the steps and you expect there to be another step but it isn't there..
I call it the DTs

zzzzZZzzz...AIUGHHH!!!!!

--------------------
Give a man a fire and he will be warm for the rest of the night.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
NEWB NEWBIE NEWCOMER IGNORANT? QUESTIONS?
Click HERE HERE HERE HERE For detailed instructions with pictures on how to grow mushrooms. There is a lot of info on the Shroomery and this is what you need to know.

Offlinenorwegian1
-----???r??T?------

Loc: the shadow in the backgro...
    #3389145 - 11/20/04 12:38 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Robotic_touch said:
So I'm in my room trying to get some sleep when I keep hearing weird sounds, my cat hears them to cuz he keeps looking when I look. I try to fall asleep and when I do something really strange happens. I think I was possessed by a ghost or something. This has happened before to me once. I hate it, its the worst feeling ever.
My entire body was vibrating and my hands were touching a zipper on my blanket like it turned into a sleeping bag, I'm like wtf so I open my eyes to look and I cant see my hands and I try screaming but my voice is like paralyzed. So then I snap out of it. I'm not going back to sleep until my mom wakes up as babyish as that sounds.
Has this ever happened to any of you :confused:

i have had the exact thing happen to me EXACT...i thought i was having a sezuire but the dr. said it was anxiety which i doubt....you kick and scream for help but its like a dream where you can't run....

you not alone....same EXACT thing

--------------------

Offlinepsychedelic_sam
Life is shortenjoy

Loc: Hell in a bucket
Re: Now I'm scared......... [Re: norwegian1]
    #3390505 - 11/20/04 07:23 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Do you believe in the paranormal? I do very much so, There is so much stuff going on that we cant see and dont know about, Call me nuts or whatever, but spirits are real. I still live in the house I grew up in. We rent it from my paternts and ive seen on a few occasions a spirt going down my hallway, granted it was when i was about a teenager and havent seen it since but I can still feel a presence sometimes. I think it goes back to a time me and my brother got hold of a witch board but not shure.

--------------------

Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile...;)

Offlinejoepj02
ego tripping
Re: Now I'm scared......... [Re: psychedelic_sam]
    #3390992 - 11/20/04 09:45 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

well it looks like you have allready found out that your ghost is just sleep paralysis. same here, ive had it since i was a kid. ive even had it happen to me a couple of times during class back in high school. however there were a couple of times where i truly got the feeling like it was an out of body experience. i was lying down trying to go to sleep one night when the usual feelings i get before it happens started. but i started to feel really light and the next thing i know its like i am floating right next to my bedroom ceiling. next i start to "float" downstairs and as i am floating down the hallway, which at this point i am really scared, i try and grab the doorknob to my brothers room because i want to stop this little journey or whatever it is. but instead i float through his door and find myself floating over his top bunk. then i start moving again and go down the hallway and into my mothers room where i see her asleep. the television is on in her room and i notice that david letterman is on. then just as soon as it started i am back in my bed where i am really shaken. so i get out of bed and go to my mothers room because this scared the shit outta me. well i walk into her room and sure enough she is still asleep and creepiest of all...there sits the T.V. on with none other than the tonight show with David Letterman. anyone HONESTLY have an experience like that? (and not while hallucinating)

--------------------
"Mr. Pibb is a poor excuse for Dr. Pepper....the dude aint even got his degree!!"--MItch Hedberg R.I.P. 1968-2005

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
    #3392415 - 11/21/04 07:15 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

So I'm in my room trying to get some sleep when I keep hearing weird sounds, my cat hears them to cuz he keeps looking when I look. I try to fall asleep and when I do something really strange happens. I think I was possessed by a ghost or something. This has happened before to me once. I hate it, its the worst feeling ever.
My entire body was vibrating and my hands were touching a zipper on my blanket like it turned into a sleeping bag, I'm like wtf so I open my eyes to look and I cant see my hands and I try screaming but my voice is like paralyzed. So then I snap out of it. I'm not going back to sleep until my mom wakes up as babyish as that sounds.
Has this ever happened to any of you

Yes. It's called a "night terror" and occurs when you are halfway between Awake and Dreaming. Your body is the first part of you to fall asleep, USUALLY followed quickly by the brain. You don't normally remember this because your long-term memory shuts down as you fall asleep (which is why you never really remember the moment you fall asleep). If something catches your attention or stops your brain from falling asleep during that moment, you can stay semi-awake and semi-consscious. Your body is asleep, so you can't move it and often can't see properly. Your brain is still awake, though, and expects some sensory input...which it isn't really getting. So dreaming kicks in but you are still partially awake so the dream takes place in your room, with you in bed.

Just like a hallucination on a drug, your mind kicks in to fill in the gaps in sensory input - resulting in wild hallucinations instead of a "dream".

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom