Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblemusher_420
Stranger

Thinking about getting some fish
    #4610380 - 09/01/05 09:18 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Hey guys sorry for the lack of pictorials and about makin this a lenthly post but I would really appreciate some experianced opinons on what would be an optimal set up for terrarium and incubator. When I first started on my mission of the mad mush I read the pf tek and was set with it. I went out and bought a 10 gallon aquarium, air pump, fish tank heater and the usual nessesitys. Im just about ready to case a few BRF cakes with peat/verm/limestone. For my fruiting chamber I was planing on using the aquarium with perlite humidification with the air pump connected to a bubbler stone underneith the perlite. This set up should work fine once I fiqure out how the tweek the variables. My inccubator is.... not what I call optimal. I was unable to find a submergable fish tank heater so i got the kind that clips to the side of the aqurium. SO What I have set up is a small tub compleatly inside of a much larger one so that the larger ones lid closed on the whole unit.. it keeps a good constent temp but it gets really humid in there with the water. The inside tubs lid stays free from condensation however but I still feel with casings this is a major contamination problem just waiting to happen. So a cuple questions
- Should I just stop messing with the aquarium set up and go for a much larger rubbermaid tub with cool mist humidification? Im planing on doing wbs/rye spawn to h/poo for my next grow btw.
-will this inccubator work or should I just take that heater along with the air pump and aquarium and get some fish?
- I couldent find oyster shell so I got the limestone soil sweetener. Will this be a long enough buffer for my casing?

Im really just lookin for any solid advice from those experanced in the semi-bulk op.
Thanks alot guys and gals im gonna get this down one day then im gonna keep all my experances to myself and leave the other newbies out in the rain MU HA HA HA HA..... j/k that wouldent be very shroomery of me would it? lol

--------------------
My Humidifier Reservoir Expansion Tek

Must read links for beginners

Btw- You are not what you own!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleOldSpice
Geritol Breath...
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crankytown, Texas
Re: Thinking about getting some fish [Re: musher_420]
    #4610959 - 09/01/05 11:29 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

You are very strange..now where are the fish gonna be?

--------------------
So hard to be ....WDWGFH?
Texas is humongus compared to France
Our Gair, who art in Texas,
Paw Paw be thy Name....
My friends are thirsty

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a Psychiatrist office:biker:

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Thinking about getting some fish [Re: OldSpice]
    #4611241 - 09/02/05 01:05 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

make sure that limestone isn't dolomitic limestone, too much magnesium. In fact, regardless of what it is, check the label for mg content, if it's over 3% get something else.

Like when you're at the store buying your fish, you can get crushed oyster shell on the bird isle, it's more expensive than if you get it at a feed store, but for a few small casings, it's only $3 or so for about 2.5 cups. I highly recomend putting it in a blender until it's flour consistency though if it's the only buffer you'll have in the mix.

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

Invisiblemusher_420
Stranger

Re: Thinking about getting some fish [Re: mycofile]
    #4611568 - 09/02/05 03:40 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Dude the fish will be in the aquarium set up with the pump and heater once I go and pick up stuff for a new set up. But I guess I might be a little strange.... But its more of a complement when people call me trippy.
Mycofile- Nice save for me there. It is dolomitic limestone and the Mg is like 12%. The only osytershell I could find had sand in it. It was for helping with bird digestion. I wasent even sure how much acctuall oystershell was in it and im not gonna pay for some bird sand and a little oystershell. Thanks

--------------------
My Humidifier Reservoir Expansion Tek

Must read links for beginners

Btw- You are not what you own!

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Thinking about getting some fish [Re: musher_420]
    #4611594 - 09/02/05 04:26 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Glad I caught you in time. You may have to order lime. The only stuff I can find locally is at a petsmart, so if you can't find the little boxes there, I don't know. Everything else around here is either hydrated lime (too strong, fast acting) or dolomitic. Sporeworks has pure lab grade lime if you can't find it locally.

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order