Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleJoshua
Holoman
Male

Loc: The Matrix
Spore print storage?
    #460744 - 11/16/01 06:32 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

What is the best way to take a spore print, store it, and ship it?

I have been taking them on 3x5 cards and placing foil over them. The spores seem to stick to the foil. I also get some light and some medium prints, but few heavy prints. Is this natural variation? or is there some secret method for great prints all of the time?

I hope I have posted this appropriately.

Joshua

--------------------
The Shroomery Bookstore

Great books for inquiring minds!

"Life After Death is Saprophytic!"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblealtarego
Re: Spore print storage? [Re: Joshua]
    #460758 - 11/16/01 06:46 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

I think printing on smooth materials is more effective, since the spores can be removed easily (esp. good for faint prints which can get lost in the texture of paper.)

My method is to use mylar "report covers" from the local stationary store. They fold open like a book, and I print on one side of the inside, which I wipe with 90% isopropanol and let dry in a draft free spot (or in front of a hepa hood). Then I place as many caps as I have across the sheet, cover them and let nature take over. When they are done, I simply remove the caps for other uses, close the report cover carefully, and then cut the spore prints out with a pair of sharp clean scissors, in squares, the unprinted page acting as a coverslip.

After that, I store them in invidual glassine ziplock bags.

Good luck and let me know if you try and/or like this method.

- AE

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract