Home | Community | Message Board

FreeSpores.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Science and Technology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleMushie_Man
Fuck Up

Loc: UK
Gaining access to other user accounts
    #4603124 - 08/31/05 12:06 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Today i figured out a method that's pretty much fool proof at accessing other peoples user accounts with ease. It only takes five minutes and gives you full access. If you don't have an accessible account on the system and the default admin account is passworded then this method wont work.

Here's how it goes:

A few days ago my computer had a little fuck up, so i used the guest account on my bothers computer to download some windows drivers, without his knowledge. My brother is a very spiteful person and can be quite selfish at times, so once he realized i used his computer for a little matinace, he removed the guest account only leaving his passworded user account available on his PC.

Today i got pretty bored and found some music albums i wanted to download, i usually use a subscription peer-2-peer program to get my albums but i had used all my download limit. So instead of paying for some more, i just figured id use my brothers peer-2-peer account on his computer (he pays for alot more, so what the heck  :smirk:).

So with all this spare time and my not too bad computer literate skills, i got to work at firstly gaining access to his computer. First off i loaded up the computer in safe mode. This, in theory, should add the administrator account to the log on screen. If the admin account has not been passworded then your in. If the log on screen is a box rather than the switch user interface, then id presume you don't need safe mode to add the account, all you need to do is type "administrator" in the user box and leave the password box blank.

Once having gained access to his computer i installed a program called  Proactive Password Auditor. This program is awesome and i highly recommend it. Once installed and making a few DEP (Data Execution Prevention) changes in the control panel the program got to work and with in seconds it listed the passwords of all the user accounts on the computer.

So now i have full access to his user account and all the albums i wish to download without his knowledge. I also found a txt file full of passwords for miscellaneous online accounts (peer-2-peer,game subscriptions etc).

Obviously if you already have access to an account on the system, all you need is to install the proactive password auditor program. I have been looking for a program like that for some time now, but with no success. This program gives you exactly what you want within seconds with only a simple few steps.

Peace,
Mushie Man  :mushroom2:

Edited by Mushie_Man (08/31/05 07:19 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleblink
eye of horus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Geographic Location (Stat...
Re: !! Gaining Access To Other User Accounts !! [Re: Mushie_Man]
    #4603524 - 08/31/05 01:55 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

If your brother had bothered password protecting the admin acocunt, your little "trick" wouldn't have worked.

THe password brute force attacks can only be run as admin afaik, otherwise you can't gain access to the SAM and in turn, the password hashes.

Here's what you can try next time.

1) make a bartPE disk (look it up on google)

2) boot off CD

3) copy logon.scr somewhere safe and copy cmd.exe to where logon.scr was.

4) restart; boot off the HD, wait 10-15 minutes until the screensaver is activated

5) laugh as you realize that windows just launched a command window with system privledges.

6) type "net user administrator abc123" to change admin's password to abc123.

7) return logon.scr to where it should be and enjoy your admin account.

--------------------

InvisibleMarioNett
Stranger
Re: !! Gaining Access To Other User Accounts !! [Re: blink]
    #4603684 - 08/31/05 02:52 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

You knew how much it bothered your brother to have his privacy invaded, so you took it upon yourself to snoop some more and see how much you could steal. Way to go. I hope he finds out about this and stops speaking to you indefinitely. I certainly would.

OfflineTinTree
thread killer(semi pro)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mu
Re: !! Gaining Access To Other User Accounts !! [Re: blink]
    #4604125 - 08/31/05 04:53 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Elegant and evil. I like it. :thumbup:

Quote:

blinkidiot said:
If your brother had bothered password protecting the admin acocunt, your little "trick" wouldn't have worked.

THe password brute force attacks can only be run as admin afaik, otherwise you can't gain access to the SAM and in turn, the password hashes.

Here's what you can try next time.

1) make a bartPE disk (look it up on google)

2) boot off CD

3) copy logon.scr somewhere safe and copy cmd.exe to where logon.scr was.

4) restart; boot off the HD, wait 10-15 minutes until the screensaver is activated

5) laugh as you realize that windows just launched a command window with system privledges.

6) type "net user administrator abc123" to change admin's password to abc123.

7) return logon.scr to where it should be and enjoy your admin account.

--------------------
"I'm afraid of losing my obscurity. Genuineness only thrives in the dark. Like celery."
- Aldous Huxley

InvisibleMushie_Man
Fuck Up

Re: !! Gaining Access To Other User Accounts !! [Re: MarioNett]
    #4604210 - 08/31/05 05:22 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

supercollider said:
You knew how much it bothered your brother to have his privacy invaded, so you took it upon yourself to snoop some more and see how much you could steal. Way to go. I hope he finds out about this and stops speaking to you indefinitely. I certainly would.

No. I'm not going to explain myself and i bared his privacy at all times (despite accessing his account). Even though i had access i took it on myself to NOT snoop around his files, he does have a right to his privacy as you said (besides the password file, just out of curiosity).

His privacy wasn't the reason he didn't want me on there his just spiteful and pitiful, if i need him to download some files so i can fix my computer he refuses, or if I'm 75% downloading something on his computer so i can fix mine, when he comes home i ask politely to keep the download going for me so i can use my computer again, instead he just cancels the download, deletes the file and removes the account. It was only a guest account so i wasn't exacally invading his privacy at the time. That's just one example. I shouldn't have to explain myself.

I am aware there's better ways to access systems, this is just one simple example which I'm sure could help a few people.

Mushie Man  :mushroom2:

--------------------
Ecstacy got me standing next to you
Getting sentimental as fuck spillin' guts to you
We just met
But I think I'm in love with you
But you're on it too
So you tell me you love me too
Wake up in the morning like "yo, what the fuck we do?"

InvisibleMushie_Man
Fuck Up

#4604562 - 08/31/05 07:15 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Mushie_Man said:
If you don't have an accessible account on the system and the default admin account is passworded then this method wont work.

I dont see why everyone has to be so critical.

--------------------
Ecstacy got me standing next to you
Getting sentimental as fuck spillin' guts to you
We just met
But I think I'm in love with you
But you're on it too
So you tell me you love me too
Wake up in the morning like "yo, what the fuck we do?"

InvisibleMarioNett
Stranger
    #4605367 - 08/31/05 09:41 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Ok, your relationship with your brother is your business I guess. I'll make one suggestion, though. Keep a linux liveCD around. If you'd had one, you could have downloaded what you needed without Windows, and you would never have needed your brother's comp. If you get the Ultimate Boot CD, you'll have a linux distro, a Windows password changer, and more hardware testing and other utilities than you ever knew existed.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Science and Technology

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Lana, trendal, Diploid, automan
845 topic views. 0 members, 3 guests and 1 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Toggle Favorite | Print Topic | Stats ]
Search this thread:
Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Copyright 1997-2016 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.044 seconds spending 0.003 seconds on 14 queries.