Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinediabla
THE DAY ISCOMING

Loc: east coast
tv shows
    #4598285 - 08/30/05 06:31 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

i can't wait til september...all the new seasons are starting up! well not all of them, depends on the station i guess. i'm especially excited about seeing the new seasons of smallville and arrested development, i hear the fortress of solitude is gonna be a regular set in smallville this year. and is arrested development not the funniest show? i laugh my ass of every time i watch it, even on re-runs.  :rofl:
thinking of that got me wondering...what do you guys watch on the tube? i know i'm pretty picky about tv, not many shows that i like more than average.
-smallville
-arrested devel.
-malcom in the middle
-reno 911
-family guy
-south park (of course)
-stargate/x-files when nothing else is on

--------------------

"..the thing is, people are getting hurt and the one thing the meteor shower didn't grace this town with was a superhero. So, in his absense, you're left with me. One girl, on a mission, determined to leave no rock - especially those from outerspace - unturned. My name is Chloe Sullivan, and I'm here to bring you the truth."

Edited by diabla (08/30/05 06:33 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCaRnAgECaNdYS
Tool's groupie
Female User Gallery

Loc: Billy Howerdel's closet Flag
Re: tv shows [Re: diabla]
    #4598288 - 08/30/05 06:32 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I've never seen any of those shows.

Then again...I don't watch T.V.

--------------------

The secret to being funny is to say smart things stupidly, or is it stupid things smartly? Whatever..it's not rocket surgery...or something like that.

Invisiblebukkake
Male

Loc: Classified
    #4598289 - 08/30/05 06:33 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I only turn on my television to watch American Dad/Family Guy and the shows on Nick At Nite. While intoxicated, the Fresh Prince of Bel Air and Full House are intensely beautiful.

OfflineNashbar
just strange.... on drugs
Male User Gallery
Loc: strawberry field
Re: tv shows [Re: CaRnAgECaNdY]
    #4598294 - 08/30/05 06:35 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

yeah, TV mostly sucks... I've seen South Park, but you should have better things to look forward to than new cartoons and sitcoms.

Offlinediabla
THE DAY ISCOMING

Re: tv shows [Re: bukkake]
    #4598295 - 08/30/05 06:37 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

family guy is the shit, i was never really allowed to watch much tv until after i graduated, i went nuts on tv for like 2 years and now i only watch choice shows, and cartoons (never too old).  :tongue:

--------------------

"..the thing is, people are getting hurt and the one thing the meteor shower didn't grace this town with was a superhero. So, in his absense, you're left with me. One girl, on a mission, determined to leave no rock - especially those from outerspace - unturned. My name is Chloe Sullivan, and I'm here to bring you the truth."

InvisibleCowgold
Bullshit

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: .
    #4598375 - 08/30/05 07:49 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Lost - I like that show and am lookin forward to it comin back on.

I hate tuning in... but I like to download my own copy and watch full episodes with no commercials.

InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cologne, Germany
    #4598381 - 08/30/05 07:52 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

your forgetting about scrubs  :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineNashbar
Male User Gallery
    #4598384 - 08/30/05 07:53 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

diabla said:
family guy is the shit, i was never really allowed to watch much tv until after i graduated, i went nuts on tv for like 2 years and now i only watch choice shows, and cartoons (never too old).  :tongue:

wow, I didn't realize other kids got that too.  I couldn't watch anything but the evening news for my entire childhood.  Talk about sheltering children, don't know if protective parents helped or hindered me

Offlinediabla
THE DAY ISCOMING

Re: tv shows [Re: Nashbar]
    #4598400 - 08/30/05 08:03 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

in high school i couldn't sit around and watch tv so i went out with my friends and smoked pot. then i'd go home with one of them and watch tv haha. either that or i just went online and downloaded shows. everyone should be able to make choices no matter what the age. the way i see it, tv will never get you knocked up or killed (unless you imitate jackass) so what's the big fuckin deal? but i was allowed to go to prom since freshman year and go out all the time. go figure
although when i was growing up i spent the time i would have spent watching tv drawing and painting which stuck with me, i love painting.

--------------------

Edited by diabla (08/30/05 08:04 AM)

OfflineNashbar
Male User Gallery
    #4598406 - 08/30/05 08:08 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

yeah, it was odd. My mom caught me smoking pot, told me about her past use and recommended speed and valium. Wouldn't let me watch a movie, but hey kid, go do some drugs. But it worked, I did really well in school, got a good job and did drugs the whole way through. TV junkies don't usually do that well. It gives me plenty of time to read and learn new stuff instead of wasting my brain on what a bunch of rich, old people think should be on TV.

InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cologne, Germany
Re: tv shows [Re: Nashbar]
    #4598424 - 08/30/05 08:25 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

wait... your mom recommended you speed and valium... damn!

yeah i agree i didnt watch that much tv in my younger years either... i had to ask for permission every time i turned on the tv, which was pretty good... no tv before my homework was done, either...

--------------------

OfflineNashbar
Male User Gallery
Re: tv shows [Re: In(di)go]
    #4598438 - 08/30/05 08:36 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

In(di)go said:
wait... your mom recommended you speed and valium... damn!

yeah i agree i didnt watch that much tv in my younger years either... i had to ask for permission every time i turned on the tv, which was pretty good... no tv before my homework was done, either...

she didn't really recommend them, just said they were her choices. she told me father liked pot, acid and mushrooms more, but she stuck to the pills. I said "damn, sounds like me". She laughed and made me promise not to tell her husband or my sister about her use or mine. He's a real conservative, went to Vietnam instead of joining the hippies. He wouldn't understand. It's nice to have things in common with the parents.

InvisibleIrradiated_Feces
doomedgeneration
 User Gallery

Loc: Great White North
    #4598445 - 08/30/05 08:41 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

bukkake said:
I only turn on my television to watch American Dad/Family Guy

Can someone tell me what the hell the difference is between these two shows and why the creator was even given another show? Its the same fucking thing. The humour is the same the actors are the same, the animation is the same. At least with Matt Groenings Futurama the humour is different the entire plot is different. American Dad is just family guy with a different fucking family. Lame.

Invisiblebukkake
Male

Loc: Classified
Re: tv shows [Re: Irradiated_Feces]
    #4598456 - 08/30/05 08:47 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I enjoy the subtle mocking of Republicans in American Dad.

Offlinediabla
THE DAY ISCOMING

#4598511 - 08/30/05 09:25 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

yeah they are kinda the same show, only instead of a dog they have an alien. i like family guy better though, stewie kills me!

i've never had a good drug conversation w/ either of my parents. i don't even swear in front of them unless i'm furious. once in a while when i'm at my dad's we have a couple drinks though, i know he was big into acid/weed/coke/etc back in the day. he got my grandfather into growing weed and out of alcoholism when he was like 15. grandpa still drinks his beer but he's still got his crops too. :smile: i dunno about mushrooms, i bet my dad liked them

--------------------

InvisibleBoom
just a tester
Male
Loc: Cypress Creek
    #4598583 - 08/30/05 10:14 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I love what f/x has been doing with shows

If I'm going to be around to watch TV, I'll usually catch one of those shows : Rescue Me, Over There, and Nip Tuck starts soon :grin:

Offlinediabla
THE DAY ISCOMING

Re: tv shows [Re: Boom]
    #4598606 - 08/30/05 10:23 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

fx plays some good movies too

--------------------

OfflineLicense_to_Chill
Stranger
Male

#4598651 - 08/30/05 10:41 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Yea, they play good movies. But, they show them about 30 times a week. I don't know how many times "Shallow Hal" has been on in the past month.

Futurama
Family Guy
Simpsons
Ren and Stimpy
Rocko's Modern Life
Discovery Channel
Travel Channel
...pretty much the only things I turn my tv on for.

--------------------
"I sat on the bus next to God once,
he told me about the true meaning of life...
then he gave me a pretzel..."

Offlinediabla
THE DAY ISCOMING

Re: tv shows [Re: License_to_Chill]
    #4598662 - 08/30/05 10:46 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

License_to_Chill said:
Yea, they play good movies.  But, they show them about 30 times a week.  I don't know how many times "Shallow Hal" has been on in the past month.

Futurama
Family Guy
Simpsons
Ren and Stimpy
Rocko's Modern Life
Discovery Channel
Travel Channel
...pretty much the only things I turn my tv on for.

RIGHT! within the last 2 weeks i have seen bits and parts of it, i think i actually got the whole movie over a two week period. (shallow hal i mean) funny movie though, i like jack black
i watch rocko everyday when i get home from work  :smirk:

--------------------

Edited by diabla (08/30/05 10:48 AM)

OfflineLicense_to_Chill
Stranger
Male

#4598676 - 08/30/05 10:49 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Hell yea, Rocko is one of my all-time favorites.  :thumbup:

I know, thats how I saw the movie.  In the past month, I keep seeing more and more of it.  Finally, able to piece it together.

--------------------
"I sat on the bus next to God once,
he told me about the true meaning of life...
then he gave me a pretzel..."

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract