Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]
Should I get a haircut?
    #4587139 -

For the first time in my life, my hair is starting to get a little long. Not long enough to put into a pony tail, but long enough that someone might think "that dude must not give two shits about anything" cause its kind of messy. And thats kind of the point in a way.

When I went to a barber in NJ to have it cut, the guy was a real idiot and barely did anything to style it up at all. So basically its uneven, has no shape, and is just getting longer every day, and now I have this fear of going back to a barber and having it feel like a bad re-run.

On top of that, I saw a girl I used to know the other day, and she was all CUT YOUR HAIR, I HATE LONG HAIR ON GUYS BLAH BLAH BLAH in stupid-bitch fashion. Now I wouldn't cut my hair simply because SHE said that, but comments like that get you thinking for sure. But I'm also scared to get it cut and have it end up looking worse instead of better.

How many other people hate going to the barber because its always hit or miss and you feel like you're playing the lottery with your appearance?

I'm no premadonna or anything. I kinda like the shag. But I'm starting school next week, and its my senior year and have a lot of things planned where it might be benefitial to look a little cleaned up. It's getting long in the back too and I have straight hair and I wear hats sometimes so it curls out backwards and kinda makes me look like a hick, which I don't like. I don't want to tell them to just cut it short in the back, cuz that would probably leave me with a bowl cut which I don't want either.

I can't decide if I will ever get over this hill (the in-between phase on the road to long hair...the shag) and keep letting it grow or if I should just get a damn haircut.

decisions decisions...

any suggestions from guys who have grown their hair out?


--------------------
The answer to 1984 is 1776.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Should I get a haircut? [Re: kake]
    #4587169 -

why did you post about your hair w/out a picture, leme see it and ill tell ya if you need it cut


--------------------
Live every day like it is your first
or
Live every day like it is your last
My ArT!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Should I get a haircut? [Re: SerioOria]
    #4587180 -

you are asking if you should cut your hair on a board full of hippies man?? im going to have to say DO NOT cut it...grow it longer so it goes from a shag to full out long hair...then if you still think its messy get it layered and brush it regularly i guess....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Should I get a haircut? [Re: compman]
    #4587199 -

cut it, its very liberating. in fact just buzz it all off.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Should I get a haircut? [Re: Twister]
    #4587219 -

id say both shaving your hair off and letting it grow are BOTH liberating...ive had a shaved head almost my whole life and in the last year ive let it grow.  much nicer having hair i have to say, smells good, feels good and just seems natural to me :laugh:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Should I get a haircut? [Re: compman]
    #4587227 -

One pro for cutting it- decreased shower time. But seriously, if you like it, leave it.

Or cut it and see how you like it, I mean, unless you forsee yourself going bald soon, it will grow back.


--------------------
\m/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Should I get a haircut? [Re: compman]
    #4587230 -

compman said:
id say both shaving your hair off and letting it grow are BOTH liberating...ive had a shaved head almost my whole life and in the last year ive let it grow.  much nicer having hair i have to say, smells good, feels good and just seems natural to me :laugh:



I would say that the change from long hair to no hair pretty much instantly is alot more liberating than waiting years for hair to grow out though.  About a month ago I cut of my hair which I hadn't cut in 3 years, plus I had dreadlocks for a few months, and it was one of the best decisions I've made in ages.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Should I get a haircut? [Re: Twister]
    #4587242 -

yeah I hear the whole liberation thing.  I've buzzed my head many times before when I started to grow it out, and it's definitely got its rewards. It's just that this time its longer than I've ever gotten it, and I'll feel like a quitter if I shave it now.  It would be fun though.  I don't think if I cut it I'll be shaving it though.  And I'm not balding but my hair is thinning, slowly but surely.  It sucks.

I'll see if I can get some pics up for further review :wink:

How about my barber question?  Do you go see the same barber regularly or do you just do the walk-in hair salon jobby.


--------------------
The answer to 1984 is 1776.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Should I get a haircut? [Re: kake]
    #4587280 -

The cool kids let it grow  :smirk:

My hair is thinner than a mother fucker, and I've got the occasional bout of psoriasis, and it wont grow any longer than a foot and a half.. but fuck it.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Should I get a haircut? [Re: kake]
    #4587283 -

That was a long post to just ask about a haircut...that said...get a haircut :wink:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Should I get a haircut? [Re: kake]
    #4587291 -

The in-between stage sucks. I've never successfully gone past it.

Now my hair is short as fuck and it's comfy as hell. wooooooooo


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Should I get a haircut? [Re: Organic]
    #4587295 -

lol I know it's cause I'm bored and I've been thinking about it forever.  decided to see if I could make a decision with some advice from my favorite people :smile:


--------------------
The answer to 1984 is 1776.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Should I get a haircut? [Re: kake]
    #4587359 -

Yeah the akward stage sucks. But wear a hat. Once you get past that stage you're in the clear. Yeah I used to get those chicks that said CUT YOUR HAIR I HATE LONG HAIR ON GUYS, and I said fuck you bitch. I don't cut my hair for no chicks. Then you have the chicks that say OMG I LOVE LONG HAIR ON GUYS FUCK ME NOW. So it's a trade off. Once it gets long enough those cut your hair bitches will just be scared of you and leave you alone. Have you always cut it before? Why do the same thing now? Let it grow to your ass, you can always cut it then. Plus you can do things with long hair that you cant do with none. And you can always have none if you want it. But in the end, long hair is just cool. But if you cut it that's cool too. Just not as cool :wink:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Should I get a haircut? [Re: Shroomism]
    #4587412 -

There's a good balance of haters and lovers of long hair. Every now and then I get some girl who thinks it's stupid for guys to have long hair. You know what? Fuck em.

Random girls compliment my hair all the time-- the majority love it (the rest are indifferent). Haters are definitely the minority.

By the way, girls love it when they have something they can run their fingers through and hold on to :smirk:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Should I get a haircut? [Re: mantis]
    #4587418 -

:thumbup:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Should I get a haircut? [Re: kake]
    #4587433 -

cut your hair and stop being a filthy dirt bag

and don't go to a barber..go where women go to get your hair cut if its that long

you go into a barber shop and the barbers are used to cutting MENS hair


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Should I get a haircut? [Re: kake]
    #4587436 -

and its true..most HOT women don't like men with long hair...

if you want to pull hot tail with long hair be in a famous rock band or have lots of money...thats the only way the good hot ones will overlook your rats nest


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Should I get a haircut? [Re: Geordi_La_Forge]
    #4587450 -

haha.. you wish


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Should I get a haircut? [Re: Shroomism]
    #4587490 -

haha no way man, babes dig the long hair as long as its clean.

everytime i have grown my hair out i have been pretty happy, and everytime i cut it short i have asked myself while sobbing, "what the FUCK did i just do?"


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Should I get a haircut? [Re: king_cobra]
    #4587550 -

Long hair on men= HOT!


--------------------

The secret to being funny is to say smart things stupidly, or is it stupid things smartly? Whatever..it's not rocket surgery...or something like that.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Haircuts *DELETED*
( 1 2 all )
Alec_Baldwin 2,555 24 11/09/10 11:58 PM
by Chubba
* Fuckin bad haircuts!
( 1 2 3 all )
Gumby 6,476 42 11/15/10 05:01 PM
by Space Elf
* Wtf Haircut >=O
( 1 2 3 all )
HappyTrippin 4,167 51 11/10/10 04:54 AM
by Solemente
* My New Haircut
( 1 2 all )
Syle 2,751 37 07/23/07 09:53 PM
by DiscipleofGarcia
* What happened to the nice poll on OMR's haircut?
( 1 2 all )
TastyWaves 2,196 21 10/19/05 03:19 PM
by TastyWaves
* time for a haircut.............. greenhaze 2,565 19 05/05/04 08:17 PM
by Zutroye
* haircuts ApeBaboon 782 18 04/11/08 07:32 PM
by ApeBaboon
* Haircuts in the 70's Lightningfractal 1,288 14 02/02/07 01:58 AM
by forrest_rose

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
8,475 topic views. 5 members, 23 guests and 285 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.033 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.