Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblespudamore
Stranger
Male
Loc: Australia
new gun technology
    #4586660 - 08/27/05 04:07 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

there has been a new gun invention in australia, that the bullets are triggered by electric pulse, has 4 barrels, 2 for lethal bullets and the other 2 for non lethal. fires 3 bullets in one pull of the trigger in 1/500th of a second, and theoretically can fire up to 60 000 bullets in a min. holds multiple bullets in each barrel, tried googling for it but can't find much on it.
but how unreal is that why would anybody need such a weapon? even in war and such lets go kill 1000 times as many people than we normally would,

anyways it looks cool as thought would share it and any additional links anybody can find.

--------------------
suicide a permanent solution to a temporary problem

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebumper
Playin EVE
 User Gallery

Loc: Middle of Canada
Re: new gun technology [Re: spudamore]
    #4586676 - 08/27/05 04:35 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I would guess your talkin about a railgun. They have been working on them for some time now. Google has a bunch on them.

--------------------
Pitbulls are like any other dog, they can be trained to be nasty or they can be trained to be good, some are smart and some are stupid, just like every other breed.
Their tough, stubborn and loyal, which is easily turned into something horrible in the wrong hands.

Invisiblespudamore
Stranger
Male
Re: new gun technology [Re: bumper]
    #4586681 - 08/27/05 04:46 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

railguns? nope its an acutal handgun. there are also some prototypes of machine guns and such, they are mostly going to be available to police force, army. they have one in concstruction for personal use too. have voice recognition, minimal parts to it, no moving parts in it, except the trigger.

--------------------

Offlinebumper
Playin EVE
 User Gallery

#4586682 - 08/27/05 04:47 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Yep, that sounds like them to me, electromagnetic firearms.

Edit - I would guess they would work on the same principle as them bullet trains. Then again theres more then one type of rail gun that was being expermented with.

--------------------
Pitbulls are like any other dog, they can be trained to be nasty or they can be trained to be good, some are smart and some are stupid, just like every other breed.
Their tough, stubborn and loyal, which is easily turned into something horrible in the wrong hands.

Edited by bumper (08/27/05 04:53 AM)

OfflineShampioenier
Storm in aTeaCup
 User Gallery

Loc: Milky Way Galaxy
Re: new gun technology- USE IT FOR MAKING SPACE SHIPS SHOOT SPACESHIPS OUT!!! [Re: bumper]
    #4586689 - 08/27/05 05:08 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

HEy that's quite nice the electronic gun thing.
For yeras I had been thinking that they should build like a HUGE barrel like in a mineshaft ilke 4 miles deep, with a HUGE conductor coil around the shaft. Then you put in a pod with the same polarity and take enough electricity of several cities of a few years and juice it in there in a few seconds. Theoretically, and scientifically, this is physically possible, although probably very expensive but hey, NASA's got fucking BILLIONS of dollars right, so why the fuck are they wasting time with those flame assed dinky toys.
Shoot the god damn thing with that electro magnet. What do you guys think. We could shoot something so fast so far, in fact if someone is capable to do the math, like people at NASA can, they can figure out how much electricity it would take, how long the shaft needs to be, and how thick the conductor coil for the electromagnet, and then figure out exactly how far they want the pod to go and how fast. Theoretically, we could EASILY shoot something right out of this fucking galaxy, nevermind the solar system. This Pisswilly hillbilly rocket bullshit has gone on long enough.
Of course problem is you have to aim good cause theres little or no steering and also no coming back unless we send like hundreds of pods and build a base to shoot stuff back, problem is we might kill the planet when we shoot back... So somebody's gonna have to figure out how to do breaks and shit.
Ive got another idea about magnetic propulsion but the FEDS are gonna have to come and work with me on that cause thats a bit more complicated. Ill have to work with them cause its involving I can't just tell it to them its more complicated than that. This really is the issue, but the electronic spacegun is just the inbetween.

Offlinebumper
Playin EVE
 User Gallery

#4586690 - 08/27/05 05:09 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Sorry, I guess all the ones on google are like giant versions that could never be able to be used as a handgun, I cant wait to see how they managed to make a hand gun out of one of them if that is indeed what it is.

--------------------

Invisiblespudamore
Stranger
Male
Re: new gun technology [Re: bumper]
    #4586692 - 08/27/05 05:13 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

don't know if it works on the same princibles as the railgun? i don't think it is, it just uses normal bullets..

--------------------

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #4590474 - 08/28/05 09:34 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Probably not regular bullets like you find in a gun store, but yeah, probably has gunpowder in it, and the gunpowder is set off by electrical pulse rather than by a hammer hitting it.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #4590540 - 08/28/05 10:23 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

If it is what I think, this isn't new technology, and it isn't a rail gun. The gun uses an electronic pulse rather than a hammer to initiate the charge. Using multiple barrels, the gun can fire all the shots virtually simultaneous. The US military has been researching this technology to create "a wall of lead" to block projectiles for several years now.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Invisiblespudamore
Stranger
Male
Re: new gun technology [Re: Seuss]
    #4593742 - 08/29/05 12:14 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

the 3 shots come out of one barrel, instead of all of them simultaneously. yeah thats the gun i am talking about.

--------------------

Invisibledownforpot
Stranger
Male
    #4594676 - 08/29/05 10:39 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

They showed that shit on discovery channel. Pretty tight shit.

--------------------

http://www.myspace.com/4th25

"And I don't care if he was handcuffed
Then shot in his head
All I know is dead bodies
Can't fuck with me again"

Invisiblespudamore
Stranger
Male
Re: new gun technology [Re: downforpot]
    #4595316 - 08/29/05 02:10 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

never seen it on that it was in a gun magazine a mate showed me, its unreal the hits are so direct if you can keep shooting it can eat away at concreate walls, bullet proof vests and the likes of.

--------------------

OfflineRoughRice
Spicy Tuna Roll
Loc: Delta, USA
    #4596404 - 08/29/05 08:00 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I have seen handguns with caseless ammunition & electronic ignition.

The capaciters required, to scale a rail gun down to 6" or less, would be cost prohibitive (if the capaciters even exist). It's just a mater of power!

Edited by RoughRice (08/29/05 08:01 PM)

OfflineRuNE
bomberman

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: tartarus
Re: new gun technology [Re: Seuss]
    #4598102 - 08/30/05 04:37 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Yes, i have read on this too quite a while ago.  Not the handgun model, but the 'wall fo lead'. 

Each barrel would hold multiple bullets, right behind eachother, and initiated by a charge like mentioned.  With enough barrels and bullets, it could fire 1 million rounds in ......well im not sure how long, but very fast.  :lol:

It would be the new anti-missle system.

--------------------
~Happy sailing~

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates