Home | Community | Message Board

Phytoextractum
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibleveggie

Loc: Flag
Helicopters Spot $117 Million Of Marijuana In Tennessee
    #4574993 - 08/24/05 03:35 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Helicopters Spot $117 Million Of Marijuana In Tennessee
August 24, 2005 - ksdk.com

Investigators from across Tennessee are in Cumberland County this week taking to the skies and then to the most rugged of terrain.

So far, they've found and destroyed more than $117,000,000 worth of marijuana growing deep in the woods.

The effort is part of the Governor's Task Force on Marijuana Eradication.

Its three teams are made up of members from the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation, Tennessee Highway Patrol, Tennessee Alcohol and Beverage Commission, National Guard and various Sheriff's Departments.

Dale Hesketh is the team leader for the group currently working in the Cumberland Plateau.

Hesketh says, "For awhile, marijuana was on the decrease and meth on an increase. I can't speak for meth, but it looks like marijuana is rebounding in numbers. That's bad for society, but good for our program and its success rate."

This is how the operation works: helicopters overhead spot the marijuana, then radio its location to crews on the ground.

Pilots say it takes several years of practice to be able to pick the pot out. They describe it as diamond shaped from the air with a fuzzy texture.

Hesketh says, "They just have good eyes. They know how to spot it."

The investigators on the ground drive their vehicles as close to the location as they can using main roads and back roads. They then jump on four-wheelers maneuvering on two tracks that sometimes turn into no tracks at all in search of the stash.

"You eat a lot of trees, briars, you sweat a lot," says Hesketh.

Investigators have dug up, cut up and destroyed more than 78,000 plants in Cumberland County over the past few weeks.

"We're getting plants that are 6 inches to 18 feet tall. It's in all stages. It's time for it to be harvested," says Hesketh.

Investigators say when they are confiscating the drugs they have to be very careful. They've had growers shoot at helicopters before and set up booby traps.

Aussie Thaxter, who works for the Tennessee Highway Patrol says, "We don't start pulling right away. We walk areas to makes sure they are clear of devices."

The statewide effort will continue through September. Investigators will not say where they will fly next.

Hesketh says, "I would think they would be upset. I would be if I tended to something and treated it like my child for weeks and weeks and weeks and now its just a bunch of nubs."

Hesketh adds, "We're impacting our little part of the world's problems."

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleTheHateCamel
Research &Development -DBK
Re: Helicopters Spot $117 Million Of Marijuana In Tennessee [Re: veggie]
    #4575258 - 08/24/05 04:54 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

veggie said: "We're getting plants that are 6 inches to 18 feet tall.

Nice.

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Wang
Re: Helicopters Spot $117 Million Of Marijuana In Tennessee [Re: TheHateCamel]
    #4575419 - 08/24/05 05:44 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

my god......... the biggest ive ever seen was like 12 feet and that had me in awe......

--------------------
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in Government." 
~Thomas Jefferson

A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.
~George Washington

OfflineShroomingNJ
Oh Hai There !
Male
Loc: NJ
Re: Helicopters Spot $117 Million Of Marijuana In Tennessee [Re: veggie]
    #4575715 - 08/24/05 07:16 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

"For awhile, marijuana was on the decrease and meth on an increase. I can't speak for meth, but it looks like marijuana is rebounding in numbers. That's bad for society, but good for our program and its success rate."

This not look right to anyone else ?

OfflineOrganic
Lloyd

Loc: Overlook
Re: Helicopters Spot $117 Million Of Marijuana In Tennessee [Re: ShroomingNJ]
    #4576378 - 08/24/05 10:10 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Looks right to me...their jobs are safe, thats whats important to them :rolleyes:

--------------------

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Wang
Re: Helicopters Spot $117 Million Of Marijuana In Tennessee [Re: Organic]
    #4576472 - 08/24/05 10:34 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

bad for society but good for us.... what the fuck is that shit?

--------------------
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in Government." 
~Thomas Jefferson

A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.
~George Washington

Offlineelaspeinreason
psychonaut
Male

Loc: fairfax virginia
Re: Helicopters Spot $117 Million Of Marijuana In Tennessee [Re: LeftyBurnz]
    #4576529 - 08/24/05 10:50 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

shit i'd be yonking so many nuggies ...i mean you are already gonna smell like pot so just take a lil and dip. you think those fucking pigs dont smoke too hahahah righttt

--------------------
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one

Diploid said:
What's with proclaiming freedom by abridging freedom? That makes no sense.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service