Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Just a little science theory - Blastrid, I think you are interested as well.
    #4547522 -

Conversion of sounds into shapes - Making sound visible

So constant sounds can be measured and made visible with special equipment.
I wonder of all shapes could be expressed into sound. In theory if from sound into shape is possible then I would believe a symmetric shape should be expressible in sound.
One would only need to know how the from sound to shape conversion works and then turn it around.

There is a site with some sound 2 shape conversion examples, but I unfortunately do not know the URL.


--------------------
:dancing: My latest music! :yesnod:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Just a little science theory - Blastrid, I think you are interested as well. [Re: Fliquid]
    #4547720 -

Yes, interesting. Why a theory though? What are you theorizing?

It sounds more like something to do? For fun.

If you can recall the link, I would be interested in the methods others have used. No worries though.


--------------------
Do not despair, said the mystery. You will always have a friend in me. Untill the day you break my code. Then I will be gone, and you are free...
to manifest another.

Edited by AvatarofAtavism (08/17/05 05:34 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Just a little science theory - Blastrid, I think you are interested as well. [Re: AvatarofAtavism]
    #4548518 -

it's an interesting concept

maybe he's looking for a universal vibration


--------------------
So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. - Galatians 5:16

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Just a little science theory - Blastrid, I think you are interested as well. [Re: HB]
    #4550469 -

Well, there's programs like Coagula, or in reception all you need is a Spectrogram. Coagula you can draw/paint any graphic and turn it into a sound. Any Spectrogram can process and read the wave and display a visual representation and actually images in Aphex Twin and Plaid have been discovered.

Kick ass Fliq, thanks :cool:


--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

Stereopattern  <--My music.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Just a little science theory - Blastrid, I think you are interested as well. [Re: Blastrid]
    #4550473 -

blastrid- what do you mean they have been discovered?


--------------------
:feelsgoodman::dancingshroom::dancingshroom::dancingshroom::ahahaha::dancingshroom::dancingshroom::dancingshroom::feelsgoodman:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Just a little science theory - Blastrid, I think you are interested as well. [Re: Fliquid]
    #4550500 -

it all depends on how it's programmed right? if it was programmed differently maybe there woulnd't be any images at all.

I don't think images have a real connection with sound although it is interesting that people made  devices/programs that can 'translate' it :cool:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Just a little science theory - Blastrid, I think you are interested as well. [Re: fung_us_among_us]
    #4551031 -



-found in Aphex Twin's "Windowlicker"

-also I meant Venetian Snares, rather than Plaid...

-by discovered I mean hidden by artist, found by researcher/fan.


--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

Stereopattern  <--My music.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Just a little science theory - Blastrid, I think you are interested as well. [Re: Blastrid]
    #4551069 -

the best program to do that is still LSD ... :wink:


--------------------
So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. - Galatians 5:16

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Just a little science theory - Blastrid, I think you are interested as well. [Re: Blastrid]
    #4559863 -

So, there can be two sides to sound. A visible and an audio format.
External life could be speaking in a reversed format.  :stoned:


--------------------
:dancing: My latest music! :yesnod:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Just a little science theory - Blastrid, I think you are interested as well. [Re: Fliquid]
    #4559925 -

i'm trying to find the experiements I read about that involved a plate covered in sand that was vibrated at a certain frequency which would make the sand arrange itself into a geometrical shape or pattern, change the frequency of the vibration and the sand would instantly move into a different shape.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Just a little science theory - Blastrid, I think you are interested as well. [Re: faslimy]
    #4560671 -

"Conversion of sounds into shapes - Making sound visible"

That is my whole philosophy behind raving (besides the expression of individual and divine inner-rhythm)! To hear the music, and reinterpret it into a kinesthetic and visual illusion...

"Any Spectrogram can process and read the wave and display a visual representation and actually images in Aphex Twin and Plaid have been discovered."

That pic is so fucking cool! I wonder if something would show up in some Autechre songs.. I bet they would, especially in the album "Draft 7.30". Because all I hear when I listen to that peice of shit is clickity clicks and weird noises that vaguely form a rhythm! I was pretty dissapointed in that cd...

It's too mathematical yet seemingly chaotic to be plain and simple music... I know there is more too it, but it's just too audiably unpleasant for me to care.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Just a little science theory - Blastrid, I think you are interested as well. [Re: dr0mni]
    #4561678 -

That must be the album I downloaded because people were always telling me how good Autechre is and I just never got it. More of a Shpongle fan myself.


--------------------
]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Just a little science theory - Blastrid, I think you are interested as well. [Re: Wysefool]
    #4563768 -

Chiastic Side,dr0mni , check that Autechre album out. They make very good uses out of those clickity ckick click rhythms you referred to, as well as some outstanding melody, trust me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Just a little science theory - Blastrid, I think you are interested as well. [Re: NosferatuMan]
    #4564880 -

well I have to say that I really liked "EP7"! I thought that it was brilliant, dynamic, and trippy as fuck! Especially that first song! It's just that "Draft 7.30"! Ugh!

I'll try and download some songs from that album you mentioned. I saw a video for one of their old ass songs on Launch.com and it was just like regular techno, and the video was one of those old cheesy "Minds Eye: Odyssy" type vids.

So obviously they've experimented with lots of different styles. I really would like to hear more, but after wasting $20 on Draft I was discouraged...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Just a little science theory - Blastrid, I think you are interested as well. [Re: dr0mni]
    #4564926 -

shpongle and autechre are very different styles, but autechre can be pretty intense...

by the way, how the hell am I supposed to PRONOUNCE "autechre"? I've always said it "Aw-tek-ruh" cause that's how my sister (who introduced me to them) pronounced it. I'm sure it's not correct though. I think they are from the UK so it's probably supposed to be "Aw-tek-er" but I still don't know which syllable to emphasize...

maybe I should stop caring...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Music Theory - Using mathematics DannyT 1,805 10 04/22/04 12:00 PM
by Shroomism
* LOSS OF INTEREST IN BANDS YOU USED TO WORSHIP
( 1 2 3 all )
Fritzs_caindealer 5,902 52 11/17/03 10:00 PM
by Noviseer
* Anybody interested in photography? slime_R 1,025 4 11/17/02 06:40 AM
by Superficial
* looking for a good looping program SKINNYDOGGY 1,149 13 06/09/04 04:58 PM
by Rob_K
* Blastrid Kremlin 851 5 10/02/04 07:39 PM
by mr crisper
* Mystery Science Theatre 3000 GringoLoco 1,114 13 05/24/02 07:00 AM
by MeltingPenguin
* Post deleted by Administrator Anonymous 776 5 11/03/03 03:27 AM
by zeta
* art or science mushymuncher 806 4 11/10/01 04:19 PM
by Cub

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, automan, DividedQuantum
1,205 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 13 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.