Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: DXM, Hawaiian Baby Woodrose, Herb Grinder, Morning Glory Seeds

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinegoatboy7
The ArchaicRevivalist

BAD morning glory experience! please help!
    #4528131 - 08/12/05 11:27 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Last night at about 11:30 pm my friend and I took about 8 grams each of Morning Glory seeds from iamshaman.com. They were untreated and everything- I felt nauseated and dizzy and had an upset stomach all night long, but felt better about 14 hours later. It is now about 24 hours later,and my friend is still feeling sick. He feels a bit better than he had earlier, but is still dizzy when he sits up or stands.
-Has anyone had a similar experience?
-I've heard of people getting sick from these, but never that sick for that long.
-We appreciate any help, as we are worried that we have done anything wrong.
thank you!!!!!

*also, we experienced NO hallucinating, we just felt sick!

--------------------
"If the words 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness' don't
include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the
Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on." --Terence McKenna

"Ordinary morality is only for ordinary people."--Aleister Crowley

Edited by goatboy7 (08/12/05 11:32 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: BAD morning glory experience! please help! [Re: goatboy7]
    #4528168 - 08/12/05 11:43 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

well you should have been HIGH for 14 hours not sick.

First of all you took way too many, I'd advise taking a handful of 20-30 and chewing them up real fine, as fine as you can get them, for 15-20 minutes in your mouth before swalloing [to help aid in sublingual absortion] then take about half as many as you had before, and do it again, chew them super fine but only wait 5-10 minutes. Then take an even smaller amount and do it again.

keep eating smaller and smaller amounts until you feel that you're getting high [euphoria for me] then stop. You won't hallucinate much though, you'll just feel odd and dreamy and have weird perceptions for the most part....

45-75 seeds gets me high.

and yes this will upset your stomache (though shouldn't be killer with less than 100 seeds) so cannabis would be helpful, but i find that getting high on it will make you trip way too bad, and that you should only take a few puffs to help with any nausea you have.

i'm not sure if i'd do them without pot standing by for nausea prevention.

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Edited by leery11 (08/12/05 11:45 PM)

OfflineVeter
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: BAD morning glory experience! please help! [Re: leery11]
    #4529159 - 08/13/05 06:05 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Ive never stayed sick for that long, but I have puked from them, so maybe thats why it didnt linger. I wouldnt worry about your friend, feeling sick happens, especially with how many you ate...Did you do any extraction methods?

--------------------
Let the Demons have their place, if so, it's angels you'll create.

OfflineLysergic_Milkman
Dr. Fist
Male

Loc: ATL
Re: BAD morning glory experience! please help! [Re: Veter]
    #4530625 - 08/13/05 05:44 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

45-75 seeds? I think youre getting the wrong idea here.
8g's is not enough in my experience, and the seeds may have been weak. I tripped lvl4 on 10.5g's.
You should feel quite sick before and after the trip, even with untreated seeds. I had the most terrible hangover for several days after my trip, so thats normal. Its also normal to not trip, and i dont know why. Possibly its the way you ate them. Make sure to grind them up in your mouth VERY good.

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: El Emigrante

Loc: Chicago, USA
    #4530717 - 08/13/05 06:30 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

ive never hallucinated at all from lsa unless i smoked weed

--------------------
When chemistry is outlawed.. Only outlaws have chemistry:rainbowdrink:

Offlineiateshaggy
i haxor 360s
Male User Gallery

Loc: 612 Warf Avenue, next to....
Re: BAD morning glory experience! please help! [Re: Infrared]
    #4530858 - 08/13/05 07:24 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

do some research on how to process morning glory into pure lsa. you'll need some ether so if you can't get ether then you are shit out of luck with having a good lsa experience.

--------------------
You are a filipina sex goddess who wants to fuck me until I fall asleep, so then you can tickle my balls and see if the legend of my diamond filled nutsuck is true.  I am a white man from costa rica, who smells like lime jello.

I can flash/jtag/repair 360's, pm for details.

OfflineMycoMateo
White andFluffy!

#4534803 - 08/14/05 07:54 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I have found that MG seeds are more trouble than they are worth. Before I say anything else I'd like to say that in my own experience, you have to ingest WAY more than is pleasant (I estimate 30g) for it to have any desired (serious) effects. I tried  once with about 100 seeds that I sprouted, and removed the sprouts from the seeds and chewed up the little plants. Nothing happened, not even smoking some pot did anything, and I wrote it off as too low a dose.

My second attempt was with 13.3g. I processed these seeds diffrently, rather than trying to aviod the nausia I just wanted to achieve a threshold dose. My first was around 7 or eight grams so I almost doubled that for this one. To prepare them, I threw them in a coffee grinder, put the ground up seeds in  some tea and downed it. I definately felt nausious for a little bit, but the only obvious effect it had on me was to make my pupils fuckin huge. I do not doubt that I achieved a dose to feel something, but it was much like my first experience with marijuana: more wondering whether I'm feeling it than recognizing and consequently enjoying the experience. I should say that smoking pot the second time definately did something, it was close to how I feel when I smoke coming down from DXM. I wasn't tripping balls like I thought I would, but I definately felt higher and high for longer than I thought I should for how much pot I smoked. Even though I thought I felt higher than thought I should be, I could not confirm or deny that it was just the weed I smoked that I was feeling.

I too experienced a bit of stomach discomfort the day after and a few days afterwards. I would say that your friend will be fine, try some OTC treatments for the stomach situation and just wait it out.

On a latter note, if you want to get decent effects out of this, here's my suggestion: do a cold water extraction of about 30 grams of seeds. I can't 100% guarantee that will work, but based on my previous experiments I think *something* should happen :tripping: Hope you guys have better luck next time!

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery
Re: BAD morning glory experience! please help! [Re: iateshaggy]
    #4535097 - 08/14/05 09:22 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

First and foremost extracting "pure LSA" does not require ether. The procedure recommended in the Morning Glory FAQ calls for petroleum ether, which is a completely different chemical. But hopefully you'd have found that out before trying it.

Furthermore, this will not make "pure LSA", and if you looking for a trip instead of just sedation and body load, then you DO NOT WANT LSA. It somehow became an enormously widespread myth that LSA (LAA-111) is the psychedelic component of the seeds, but even a cursory glance at the (scientific) literature on it will show that this simply isn't so. I believe it says in TiHKAL that all of the ergot alkaloids in morning glory seeds have been independently found to be psychoactive, though not necessarily psychedelic... ergonovine is the only one that sticks out in my mind as having been independently found to be psychedelic --- effects on par with LSD at ~10 times the medical dose (it's used in obstetrics as an oxytocic).

If for some reason you want to get "pure" LSA, as I recall, most of the alkaloids within the morning glory seeds be converted to LSA in a highly basic environment (slightly more precise information on this can be found in TiHKAL, either in the MGS chapter or the LSD writeup in the back half... possibly both)

Within a couple of months, I hope to undertake a series of extractions and assays isolating different fractions of the seeds and trying to determine which ones are worthwhile to extract... If i ever get around to this, I'll be sure to share my results.

OfflineMycoMateo
White andFluffy!

Re: BAD morning glory experience! please help! [Re: Entropymancer]
    #4539370 - 08/15/05 08:33 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Furthermore, this will not make "pure LSA", and if you looking for a trip instead of just sedation and body load, then you DO NOT WANT LSA.

I've only had two attempts at LSA, but I'd have to agree on this one. I felt a little altered but it wasn't enough to tell whether I "felt it" or not. I'd still like to see the effects a tincture or extraction of 30g, but what Entropymancer said has me seriously reconsidering that. I'd rather invest my efforts elsewhere.

Now, are Hawaiian Baby Woodrose seeds different, or do they contain diff rent actives? To further clarify, Morning Glory seeds haven't seemed to do much for me, would the HBWR produce more desirable effects?

Offline3six5
Psychenaught
Male User Gallery

Loc: Right here
Re: BAD morning glory experience! please help! [Re: MycoMateo]
    #4545477 - 08/17/05 04:30 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

i always got my seeds from walmart garden center.
powderized them, hot watered. cooled and drank

-if u didn't powderize those.. thats whats making u sick, ur system hates'm

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: DXM, Hawaiian Baby Woodrose, Herb Grinder, Morning Glory Seeds

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience