Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: Are you a selfish poster? [Re: Liz]
    #4489270 -

ifallapart said:
I don't think I'm a selfish poster. I post about things that I know something about, or that interest me,,,,I don't reply just for the sake of seeing myself type.




--------------------
:smile: I live for LNC :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Are you a selfish poster? [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #4489289 -

Pretty much. Not that I don't lurk in threads I don't post in, or read other people's replies.

I gravitate towards the "Re: mantis" posts because they're obviously directed at me... usually.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Are you a selfish poster? [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #4489632 -

Sorry, I didn't read your post. I only have conversations with myself.


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Are you a selfish poster? [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #4489648 -

I'm a compulsive poster


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Are you a selfish poster? [Re: Shroomism]
    #4490030 -

i mostly read posts of people that i know/respect, or posts whose titles interest me, or posts i've made myself. dunno if that makes me selfish, or just selective.


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Are you a selfish poster? [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #4490046 -

everyone is selfish.

some are just better at rationalizing it to themselves, and justifying it to others.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Are you a selfish poster? [Re: DoctorJ]
    #4490051 -

Quote:
everyone is selfish.

some are just better at rationalizing it to themselves, and justifying it to others.




--------------------
Live every day like it is your first
or
Live every day like it is your last
My ArT!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Are you a selfish poster? [Re: SerioOria]
    #4490066 -

I often end up typing out responses to many threads, and then I don't end up posting them. I try to read as much as time allows me. At this point I am just getting used to this place though.

I try not to be :S but who knows.


--------------------
Do not despair, said the mystery. You will always have a friend in me. Untill the day you break my code. Then I will be gone, and you are free...
to manifest another.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Are you a selfish poster? [Re: DoctorJ]
    #4490381 -

DoctorJ said:
everyone is selfish.

some are just better at rationalizing it to themselves, and justifying it to others.



its true. no matter how selfless an act,
you're always looking to get something out of it.
its human nature and that nature is a selfish one.


--------------------
T h e r e  a r e  n o  o r d i n a r y  m o m e n t s.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Are you a selfish poster? [Re: Krishna]
    #4490391 -

Krishna said:
i mostly read posts of people that i know/respect, or posts whose titles interest me, or posts i've made myself. dunno if that makes me selfish, or just selective.



Selective, I would say I'm the same way.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Are you a selfish poster? [Re: Todcasil]
    #4490404 -

Todcasil said:
eth act of posting is a celebration of oneself and others :smile:

"hey check this out, its a link or somethimng i have to say! celebrate me!!"

reply to post "woo that sure is interesting or strange, im so glad you decided to post it!"



I did that earlier today

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Are you a selfish poster? [Re: TYL3R]
    #4490940 -

I read the topics with titles that grab my attention, I'm not more interested in what I have to say, I'm more interested in other people's responses to the topics that I'm interested in. Hmm, I'm agreeing with DrJ's response also.


--------------------
"Whatever you do, you need to keep moving.  Because when you stop moving you die (physically and emotionally).

Good luck and blessings of happiness and fortune." ~ RandalFlagg RIP


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Are you a selfish poster? [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #4490978 -

I hardly post at all these days, many times I'll log on and just read and not even bother to post unless something really strikes me.

It's also hare to moderate effectively if you only read your own posts :smile:


--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* I need randalflagg!
( 1 2 3 all )
Captain Loafy McPoopdick 5,110 50 09/24/05 12:11 AM
by Tranceharper
* Randalflagg vs. Bank Trust Fund Assholes
( 1 2 all )
RandalFlagg 3,228 35 10/05/05 08:53 PM
by RandalFlagg
* Do a staggering portion of youth today have narcissistic personality disorder? EternalCowabunga 2,504 14 10/24/07 02:44 PM
by moon_glue
* Post some pictures... (A quasi-narcissistic thread)
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
Adamist 21,009 114 01/06/04 04:17 PM
by notapillow
* sometimes tradgedy brings out an almost selfish side KingOftheThing 976 6 08/19/06 06:11 AM
by Booby
* I'm snubbing RandalFlagg's thread. OneMoreRobot3021 727 8 03/08/06 08:57 PM
by kilroy69
* I believe that I'm a Narcissist. Alec_Baldwin 936 14 02/20/19 05:18 AM
by LogicaL Chaos
* Be more selfish...
( 1 2 3 all )
AgingHippy 3,475 48 09/24/08 12:43 AM
by Ima Trooper

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,348 topic views. 6 members, 16 guests and 137 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 15 queries.