Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: DXM, Jimi Hendrix, Morning Glory Seeds

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMycoMateo
White andFluffy!

Sprouting MG Seeds?
    #4471589 - 07/29/05 11:23 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Hokay, so I've been doing a little bit of investigation into the usefulness of Morning Glory seeds (Ipomoea violacea) as a hallucinogenic. So I hear, it gets ya' fucked up! A body high, some reports of visual stuff, sign me up!

However, many distributors of these seeds like to coat them in fungicides or with other chemicals to either preserve them or to try to discourage people from consuming them for recreational purposes. Part of what I've read about dosing discourages me a little bit, who really wants to ingest 200-300 seeds? YUCK!

My first idea was to grind up the requisite amount of seeds with a mortar and pestle, and then ingest said powder. The more I dug, the more I realized that wasn't necessarily the best way to do it, due to the nausea that the outer shell is supposed to cause. So... that's been kinda ruled out.

So I stumbled on a pretty interesting tek for ingestion of LSA and the associated alkaloids. It involves sprouting the seeds, de-shelling them and then consuming the sprouts, which I think is a pretty interesting method of preparation.

Link to thread: http://forums.lycaeum.org/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=2&t=001721

Now I'm curious what you guys have to say about this. In about a week or so I'm going to have the opportunity to prepare and dose like they discuss in this, and I wanted to see what some other people thought of the sprouting tek as opposed to just eating the seeds or the ground up method. Have you done this before? Do you think I'm retarted? Possibly a combination of both? :smile: I suppose only time (and anybody who replies) will tell...

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMycoMateo
White andFluffy!

Re: Sprouting MG Seeds? [Re: MycoMateo]
    #4486295 - 08/02/05 07:03 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Kinda bummed that nobody even replied to this thread, but science must go on even if nobody gives a shit :mad2: So today I went to the local nursery and bought 3 packages of "Tall Mix" Morning Glory seeds, Burpee brand. The first bag yielded about 80-90 seeds, so I'm considering that the median quantity per bag. at 4.5 grams total, that should be around 240 seeds or so, hopefully enough of a dose for me to tell if this actually works or not.

This is the contents of one bag:

One thing I'd like to point out is that some of the seeds are a light tan color. I've read reports of people getting these and having no luck at all, or terribly mild effects. Has anyone heard/experienced this? I'm glad I have a mix of both, if I had more I'd be tempted to do a blind trial of the two diffrent colored seeds. Since it's a "mix" of seeds, I theorize these might be a slightly diffrent strain of Ipomoea, as in the diffrence between Flying Saucers or the other varities of Ipomoea.

One positive note about the brand I found, the package has NO mention whatsoever of any sort of seed coating. I've read a few posts in my google research where people said that there might be a coating regardless of whether they're labeled or not, but I'm not really concerned about that. My experiment here is to determine whether all this extraction is really worth it- is just sprouting the (MG) seeds and eating the baby plants a viable way to ingest LSA?

I've read that the "good stuff" so to speak in Morning Glory seeds lies in the nutrients at the center of the seed, and that the shell and material around it is what is mostly (or completely?) responsable for all of the discomfort and nausia. My hypothesis is that by sprouting the seeds, I will be able to eat them without worrying about all the bad shit in the seed shell. I have also read reports that say this method of preparation makes the seeds more potent, another great reason to choose this over straight cold water extraction.

So right now I'm unpacking the bags and putting them into a small plastic bottle full of water for an overnight soaking, and then tomorrow they will be put into a CD case with a wet paper towel. I intend on keeping them in the CD case until Saturday/Sunday when I will remove the sprouts from the seeds. After that is a bit of uncharted territory, but I have a few ideas of what to do with these potentially potent sprouts. I'm thinking either eating them straight, or if the taste/texture is too much to bear I will throw them in a blender with some OJ & ice. These are things I can think about when I get to a point where I actually have a viable substance to experiment with. I will post updates when I make some progress past the starting gate.

Invisiblerod
Ψ
 User Gallery

#4486325 - 08/02/05 07:16 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I dont know anything about eating these, but I would sure make sure of it before you do eat.
http://www.erowid.org/plants/morning_glory/morning_glory_basics.shtml

OfflineLysergic_Milkman
Dr. Fist
Male

Loc: ATL
Re: Sprouting MG Seeds? [Re: rod]
    #4486383 - 08/02/05 07:38 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Reports say that the stem and leaves contain LSA, but the content of other unwanted chemicals severely outweighs that of LSA, so its not worth it to ingest the green plant matter. The actual sprouts, though, may be different. Id do some more research if i were you.

OfflineMycoMateo
White andFluffy!

Re: Sprouting MG Seeds? [Re: Lysergic_Milkman]
    #4486525 - 08/02/05 08:15 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Well I've seen a few reports where people claimed that it worked, I have a link to that in the first post of my thread. I have the time nesscessary (I think) to test it, so why not? I can't wait till I see a few little green guys crawling outa the seeds, it's all a waiting game now. GROW YOU LITTE BASTARDS!

I think one of the bigger questions is when does the plant start producing more "other" stuff than LSA. A better understanding of how the seed germinates into a full plant would probbably be a good place to start as far as figuring out what's gonna happen. What purpose the LSA has in the plant would be a good one too, maybe there's some sort of stimulus you could use to get them to produce more LSA and ignore silly litte things like growing stems and flowers :tripping: I have no idea if this is even a feasable idea, cuz I'm no  botanist and bringing these little guys to life will be a success in itself.

OfflineLysergic_Milkman
Dr. Fist
Male

#4486592 - 08/02/05 08:35 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

well, a sprout is actually the beginning of a root system, not the plant itself if im not mistaken. It doesnt take long to germinate morning glory seeds, only a few days for the whole pack if you split the seeds open (a LOT harder than it sounds). The water also draws out alot of soaps in the seeds (soap causes stomach upsets when ingested [duh]).
Also, youre making morning glories out to be a weak substitute for LSD. NOT SO! I have tried the MG seeds 3 times, and the second time i tried i achieved a [very unexpected] lvl4 trip. Just be careful.

OfflineMycoMateo
White andFluffy!

#4486895 - 08/02/05 10:12 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Also, youre making morning glories out to be a weak substitute for LSD.

I didn't say anything about LSD, my experiment is with LSA bearing seeds. I think most people would agree that you have to ingest a fuck ton more plant material than you do blotter paper that you need to trip your face off. Yes, they may have similar Lysergic compounds but if there's one thing I'm pretty sure of it's that there's not actually LSD in the seeds. I've yet to have a date with Lucy, something I'm really looking forward to for sure. This project began because it's hard enough to get weed where I live, let alone any sort of psychedelics or "powerful" recreational drugs, other than DXM.  Ah robotripping, what dope fiends like myself do when there's nothing else around to make your reality warp :smile:

As for the water drawing out soaps and other things, I can 90% support this, as the water the seeds are soaking in has developed a slight yellow tint, almost looks like some green tea I was drinking earlier. This has occured in about three hours, with occasional agitation of the seeds and water.

Mushrooms taught me that you can ingest some seriously intense stuff that doesn't appear as volatile as it is on the surface. I've never done MG seeds before, so my whole idea of seeing if the sprouts are more potent isn't exactly scientific, as I have no constant to compare my findings to. However, most of the reports I've read have people dosing two to three times the quantity I'm preparing, so I'm not exactly sure how potent it can actually be.

How did you prepare them when you dosed, and how much was it? Any trip reports?

On a latter note, so giddy to actually have a thread stay alive for more than five minutes!!! :laugh:

Offlinestvip
Strange stranger
Loc: Israel
    #4487009 - 08/02/05 10:50 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I'm all for experimenting with new or different methods, but do it right. Studies show not all varieties of the ipomoea violacea species contain ergolines, but you're not even sure you're dealing with the right species. Being unsure of whether the seeds are treated should be an unnaceptable risk. It's your body, but do weigh matters carefully; I wouldn't just assume any toxic substance that might be present will simply wash off the peeled seed coat, and not, say become absorbed into the sprout flesh as it stands in the water. It's perfectly legitimate to contact the manufacturer and enquire whether the seeds are treated.

Invisiblebackupwards
peon

Loc: somewhere else
Re: Sprouting MG Seeds? [Re: stvip]
    #4487466 - 08/03/05 12:33 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

MORNING GLORY
*Source of LSA

I have seeds, how do I get them started?

Your seeds can be scarred or nicked, however in experience with morning glory it’s not always necessary, but can be done anyway. They should be then soaked 24 hours in warm water, and can be left until they sprout. They should be planted sprout down in the soil.

What kind of soil should I use?

Basically morning glories thrive in poor shitty sandy soil.

What should I consider when growing?

Room to grow and climb. A lattice is a wonderful climbing medium for morning glories. They also like pretty direct sunlight.

When can I harvest seeds?

The seeds will be left after the flower has died and fallen off, do not harvest yet. Allow the seed pods to dry naturally or tear down the vines at the end of the season and pick through the vines finding fat pods about the diameter of a dime or penny. Each pod should be allowed to dry naturally to a crusty brown. Each pod will be divided into 3 sections with 2 seeds per section.

EXTRACTION:
http://www.erowid.org/plants/morning_glory/morning_glory_extraction1.shtml
http://www.erowid.org/plants/morning_glory/morning_glory_extraction2.shtml

the best mg's to get are heavenly blue or pearly gates.
have fun
peace

OfflineLysergic_Milkman
Dr. Fist
Male

Re: Sprouting MG Seeds? [Re: backupwards]
    #4487785 - 08/03/05 01:23 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Errrrr, i dont think mycomateo wanted to know how to grow; it says how on the package.
But speaking of "ergolines," It isnt wise to trip on MG seeds frequently, as there have been reports linking extended morning glory seed use and gangrene (or St. Anthony's Fire)

If your water looks soapy now, just wait a few days. The water will have visible lines (like when you pour soap into clear water) and you can create lasting bubbles by disturbing it. Enjoy!
I didnt prepare my seeds at all when i achieved lvl4. I just got a few packs from K-Mart and chewed em up real good (10.5g's. It makes me gag just thinking about it, i dont think i could do em again like that without throwing up). Ill try to write up a trip report on Erowid. I started at ~6:00. at ~8:00 i started feeling strange, but nothing along the lines of tripping. ~11:00, i was quite instantaneously hurled into a massive acid trip. I wasnt expecting it at all. I thought id failed again and was ready to go to sleep, then it just hit me. VERY suddenly, i was sober one second and, literally within seconds, i was near peaking. Trip started waning off ~5:30 the next moring. Baseline ~7:00am.

OfflineMycoMateo
White andFluffy!

#4490792 - 08/03/05 06:27 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Thats awesome about your trip, it's always exciting when you're all the sudden hit REAL hard with a trip. It sounds like your experience was not unlike getting hit by a truck... a truck full of LSA that is
:redneck:
milkman you're totally right about the fact that "ergolines" are something to be concerned about. There is a connection, but how exactly are the Morning Glories related to this stuff?

Erowid:
Quote:

Ergot is a fungus that infects cereal grains, replacing kernels of the fruit with small black masses of mycelium. It produces ergotamine, a potent vasoconstrictor and precursor to LSD. Ergot poisoning (St Anthony's Fire) causes hallucinations, gangrenous loss of limbs, and death. Outbreaks plagued medieval Europe and were associated with witchcraft and the Inquisition.

So... experiment but do so at a reasonable rate.  :thumbup: Speaking of that, what would you recommend as a time to space out your doses?

Now that our little Ergot public service announcement is over :smile:, here's a cool update for everybody interested in trying this with burpee seeds. As stvip recommended, I emailed the company that made my seeds and this was the reply I got as to my question of: Are the seeds chemically treated at all?:

Quote:

We do not treat our seed with any toxic chemicals.

Our seeds are untreated and we even have some vegetables in an organic
line.

You can feel free that the seeds you handle will not leave a residue of
toxicity on your hands.

Sue
Burpee Customer Service

I'm glad you mentioned that, and even happier to report my findings on the subject! So I'm pretty damn sure that there's no unnatural chemicals in these seeds.

As far as these being the "wrong variety" of seeds, I'm not too concerned. Yes, some species of Ipomoea contain less or no LSA, but that's part of the reason I chose the "Tall Mix", so hopefully my specimens have a greater genetic diversity. This is an experiment after all! Not too scientific though, but I think I have my best chance of getting some good sprouts this way and worst case if I don't trip at all next week I can pick up a few more packs of the seeds. Many of the seeds in my CD case have cracked open, and are soapy to the touch. Later tonight I will give them a little more soaking and agitation, partially to re-hydrate and partially to get rid of more of this gross soapy shit.

OfflineLysergic_Milkman
Dr. Fist
Male

#4490845 - 08/03/05 06:42 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

yeah, be sure to get rid of that!
The soap will make for one massive hangover the next day (IF you successfully trip).
I think the reason i was able to trip so hard was because of the timing. I remember the first thing i thought when i started tripping was that i suddenly felt like playing my guitar, then when i looked at it, my custom designs (which i fashioned to resemble an acid trip) looked strange. Then i looked at the carpet, and all of a sudden it started warping and flowing. Then i picked up my guitar and it felt amazing. It was more like a tool of great hypnotic power than a musical instrument, and i realized how Jimmy Hendrix mustve felt all those times... I had never shredded the guitar so hard in all my life.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: DXM, Jimi Hendrix, Morning Glory Seeds

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience