Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Urban Decay as Artistic Beauty
    #4468757 -

I really enjoy the way that blighted inner-city areas look. I've always found urban decay to be visually compelling. These were from various US cities - the bronx, NY, Camden, NJ, Gary, Indiana. I plan on going around my city takin some photos, until then lets see some of your or other peoples images.






Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Urban Decay as Artistic Beauty [Re: Irradiated_Feces]
    #4468779 -

Interesting....yes. Beautiful....hell no!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Urban Decay as Artistic Beauty [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #4468794 -

It is beautiful in a way.

Also, depressing.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Urban Decay as Artistic Beauty [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #4468811 -

I also share this aesthetic appreciation intermittently.

At times I am displeased with the decay, and how we've collectively caused most of it as a species.

Appreciation dims and comes into perspective again, it narrows and broadens, and in spite of all of this, I don't think it's difficult to consistently see the "art & beauty" in city structures, even decaying ones.

Where do you employ the line between nature and artificiality?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Urban Decay as Artistic Beauty [Re: TubOlucinogens]
    #4468831 -

TubOlucinogens said:
Where do you employ the line between nature and artificiality?



Wha...What?

As an aside, wouldn't it be funny if the guy who took those pictures was mugged and had his camera stolen while he was walking around one of these neighborhoods?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Urban Decay as Artistic Beauty [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #4468907 -



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Urban Decay as Artistic Beauty [Re: Irradiated_Feces]
    #4468927 -

I like pictures of rundown military bases. I have one in my area, i think when I get a new camera I will snap some pics.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Urban Decay as Artistic Beauty [Re: Fungi_x]
    #4468937 -

It's artistic and beautiful because of how sad it is that people have to live in conditions like that. Anything that can capture that reality is very evacotive.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Urban Decay as Artistic Beauty [Re: Irradiated_Feces]
    #4468943 -

Awesome, I love these kinds of pictures. Urban decay and graffiti combined have always been asthetically pleasing to me. Here's some pics I took in the last city I lived in.

An old office building stripped and emptied out. The symmetry made this a pretty sight from the front but I never got a picture from that angle.


A spooky looking stairway with some random graffiti.


The best is when nature begins to take over and you see plants sprouting up in the sidewalks. :grin:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Urban Decay as Artistic Beauty [Re: Irradiated_Feces]
    #4468951 -

you should go to Havana, my friend.


--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Urban Decay as Artistic Beauty [Re: moog]
    #4468987 -

Nice pics moog.

afoaf: I'd love to some day.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Urban Decay as Artistic Beauty [Re: Irradiated_Feces]
    #4468993 -

i love it...


i used to do aalot of urban exploring,until i moves out to bumfuck Georgia....


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Urban Decay as Artistic Beauty [Re: CaptainH13]
    #4469017 -

There's this old mental hospital on the edge of the town where I grew up that is now abandoned. Tons of us would always go there to hang out, we built a skate park inside. It was a super creepy place though. It had all these little buildings and underground tunnels to connect each one. I definetly have to go back there soon just to take pictures.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Classic bar scene.. (from the movie A Bronx Tale) THE KRAT BARON 1,719 14 02/15/07 08:10 PM
by cApTaInCrAp
* The Bronx / El Mariachi TODAY 313 1 03/22/10 11:07 PM
by bardleyrichard
* The majority of the world's population is now urban DNKYD 775 5 05/30/07 09:35 PM
by WhiskeyClone
* what musical artists made you appreciate a different genre?
( 1 2 all )
SilentG 4,431 21 10/02/06 09:17 PM
by MovingTarget
* new extreme sport/ urban ninja stuff Moonshoe 701 3 02/02/06 05:37 PM
by dblaney
* the most beautiful song ive ever heard
( 1 2 3 all )
40oz 3,611 42 06/16/05 02:51 AM
by Middleman
* Artist~ YES or NO
( 1 2 all )
Corporal Kielbasa 2,514 32 12/02/06 01:08 PM
by euphoricpoison
* Any martial artists?
( 1 2 3 all )
Madtowntripper 6,944 59 03/23/08 03:32 AM
by Acaterpillar

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,169 topic views. 0 members, 3 guests and 114 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 14 queries.