Home | Community | Message Board

FreeSpores.com
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineTubOlucinogens
Stranger

Unwanted Blasts From the Past
    #4457904 - 07/27/05 12:43 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

A few years ago I associated with some undesirable people.

The only thing we all had in common is that we all enjoyed smoking.  :bongload:

So much time has passed now, and everyone from the old groups has inevitably broken up and gone their seperate ways, but every so often I'll run into someone and I absolutely hate how I have to even stop for 2 seconds and acknowledge their presence just because I hung out with them eons ago, and feel so compelled to remain passive and just smile and shoot the breeze for two minutes and get the hell out of there just so I don't upset them.

I feel like I'm dealing with monkeys.

Big - overstimulated - primordial - monkeys.

The worst part is that they've always been trouble-makers. Seeing them makes me cringe because now I prefer to be left alone to lead a quiet life, and I feel like they threaten that immensely.

What do you guys think about this sort of thing and what are your experiences? I just need to get this off my chest basically.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineWeAreAllOne
Opethian

Loc: Pennsylvania
Re: Unwanted Blasts From the Past [Re: TubOlucinogens]
    #4457912 - 07/27/05 12:45 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I have some friends now that I really don't enjoy hanging out with.

They do too much stuff that I really just don't appreciate.

I guess that's the way life goes though.  Can't hurt to stop and talk to them.  :thumbup:

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #4457920 - 07/27/05 12:46 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Ha. I know some monkeys.. basically if you don't want their influence, don't hang out with them.

--------------------

InvisibleCaptainH13
Scum
 User Gallery

Re: Unwanted Blasts From the Past [Re: WeAreAllOne]
    #4457925 - 07/27/05 12:46 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

i'm really good at forgeting people,and entire times/events in my life,so i never have to deal with that,haha....

but i certainly get ya....

--------------------

OfflineMighty Bop
Big Boy

Loc: Nowhere
Re: Unwanted Blasts From the Past [Re: WeAreAllOne]
    #4457935 - 07/27/05 12:49 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah it's the courteous thing to stop and say hi just because you all hang out a long time ago. But in the back of your mind you know you are glad you didn't turn out like them and you are glad for it. You "matured", they didn't...

Just smile and say "Cool, well yeah it was good to see you again, maybe we can hang out some time..." (Knowing in the back of your head it will never happen.)

I saw someone from way back that I hadn't seen in awhile, but it's funny, they actually matured, when I couldn't really picture them doing it. But that's a good thing........

--------------------
"One attaineth whatever state of being one thinketh about at the last when relinquishing the body, being ever absorbed in the thought thereof." - Sri Krishna to Arjuna, Bhagavad Gita, viii, 6

Edited by Mighty Bop (07/27/05 12:56 AM)

InvisibleDoctorJ
Stranger
 Arcade Champion: Frogger

Loc: space
    #4457937 - 07/27/05 12:50 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

dude, I know exactly what ur talkin about.

Imagine bein an ex-drug dealer...

I can't even go downtown without some utter asshole stoppin me and bein all "Dude, remember when you hooked us up with ____"

And I have to be like: "No. Shut the fuck up. I don't know you. Prank caller!! Prank Caller!!"

I mean, some people you hang out with cuz they're your friends, and some people you just hang out with to make money off of em... I just hate when the latter confuse themselves with the former...

--------------------
peace, pot, and microdot!

OfflineTubOlucinogens
Stranger

Re: Unwanted Blasts From the Past [Re: Mighty Bop]
    #4457951 - 07/27/05 12:54 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Just smile and say "Cool, well yeah it was good to see you again, maybe we can hang out some time..." (Knowing in the back of your head it will never happen.

This is effective a lot of the time, but sometimes they just don't catch on that it's an empty nicety. I would rather just be out of their minds completely.

Quote:

I saw someone from way back that I hadn't seen in awhile, but it's funny, they actually matured, when I couldn't really picture them doing it. But that's a good thing........

Yeah thats definitely a good thing. If I encountered someone from the past who got over themselves and all of the dumb things that used to go on when we were younger, I would probably embrace it.

OfflineMighty Bop
Big Boy

Re: Unwanted Blasts From the Past [Re: DoctorJ]
    #4457957 - 07/27/05 12:55 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I almost had that happen to me. Some guy hooked me up (not really hoooked, more like ripped) with some yayo or speed, I couldn't even tell, for a price that was not right, but I couldn't tell since I wasn't that experienced. Anyways, the next day he calls me up asking me what's going on like he's my friend now. I was thinking to myself "You've gotta be crazy if you think we are friends now......"

--------------------
"One attaineth whatever state of being one thinketh about at the last when relinquishing the body, being ever absorbed in the thought thereof." - Sri Krishna to Arjuna, Bhagavad Gita, viii, 6

OfflineTubOlucinogens
Stranger

#4457964 - 07/27/05 12:59 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

dude, I know exactly what ur talkin about.

Imagine bein an ex-drug dealer...

I can't even go downtown without some utter asshole stoppin me and bein all "Dude, remember when you hooked us up with

lol that definitely puts things into perspective for me. At least there isn't an entire clientele for me to run into. I didn't even know all that many people back when.

OfflineMighty Bop
Big Boy

#4457966 - 07/27/05 12:59 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

This is effective a lot of the time, but sometimes they just don't catch on that it's an empty nicety. I would rather just be out of their minds completely.

Haha I know what you mean, hopefully these run-ins don't happen that frequently. They don't for me at least, I live in a decent-sized city. But then again, it seems like it would happen more than it actually does....

--------------------

Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

#4457985 - 07/27/05 01:03 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I had a blast from the past recently. My best friend, that I stopped hanging out with because he became a shithead drug addict mischief maker in SIXTH grade, has really matured and I like hanging out with him. Confident mother fucker. I almost admire him.

--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

InvisibleCaptainH13
Scum
 User Gallery

Re: Unwanted Blasts From the Past [Re: freddurgan]
    #4457987 - 07/27/05 01:04 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

so did you guys ever forget someone?.....

would that make them seem like an ass?....

'cus i'd kinda feel bad,now that i think of it......

--------------------

OfflineTubOlucinogens
Stranger

#4457998 - 07/27/05 01:07 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

I was thinking to myself "You've gotta be crazy if you think we are friends now......"

Haha, I know what you mean. I think my general dissatisfaction with it lies in how people can be very disruptive when you're just trying to have a little peace.

I feel a lot better though just having the opportunity to think it over by making this post. WeAreOne, you're right, it doesn't hurt to talk to them. After so long though, and depending on whatever circumstances are happening, if I'm in a grumpy mood or something, patronizing people is the last thing I want to be doing.

OfflineMighty Bop
Big Boy

Re: Unwanted Blasts From the Past [Re: CaptainH13]
    #4458010 - 07/27/05 01:11 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Not too recently I was walking out of this grocery store that I don't go into very often. I hear my name being called so I turn around and walk over to this car where a girl was stopped, so I go up to her because it's obvious I'm someone she knows. I am standing there talking to her for a minute and I can't figure out who she is. Then she tells me her name. It was first girlfriend from high school! I was kinda embarassed. But hey that was almost ten years ago plus she got a little chunky and had a kid in the back seat, so that was my excuse. It was funny because the kid started yapping about how her ex-boyfriend was beating her and stuff and she was like "OK kiddo you can shut up now"

It was weird because she was like an honor student when we were together all ready to go to college and now she is a single mother with a kid who's ex beat up on her.....

--------------------

InvisibleDoctorJ
Stranger

#4458028 - 07/27/05 01:15 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

call me sadistic but I really get a kick out of it when ex-gf's turn up a few years later doing really shitty...  It gives me that sense of macho pride, I guess, like "Oh, so this is your life without me.  You left me for this, huh?  Haha, bitch you bet on the wrong horse!" 

:lol:

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #4458042 - 07/27/05 01:18 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

:grin:

--------------------

OfflineTubOlucinogens
Stranger

#4458053 - 07/27/05 01:20 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Haha, bitch you bet on the wrong horse!

:rotfl:

OfflineDigs
Stranger
Male

Loc: aca
    #4458067 - 07/27/05 01:22 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

DoctorJ said:
you bet on the wrong horse!

Funny I thought the same thing the time in recent memory this girl I liked didn't want a relationship with me. :lol:

Still fucked her though :laugh:

OfflineMighty Bop
Big Boy

#4458090 - 07/27/05 01:28 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

DoctorJ said:
call me sadistic but I really get a kick out of it when ex-gf's turn up a few years later doing really shitty...  It gives me that sense of macho pride, I guess, like "Oh, so this is your life without me.  You left me for this, huh?  Haha, bitch you bet on the wrong horse!" 

:lol:

Oh don't get me wrong I was on top of the world after that incident, because she was the one who broke up with me!! I am currently hanging out with an ex which won't last very long because one of us will start dating someone else, but when I do, I know she will have regrets. It's funny because I know her better then she knows herself, when it comes to that. But yeah, then she'll be sorry!!!

--------------------

InvisibleDoctorJ
Stranger

#4458189 - 07/27/05 01:53 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

yah, there really is nothin better than runnin into your ex when she's sackin groceries at Walmart.

It kinda makes you want to get on the store microphone:

"Attention Sarah Feldman, the girl that dumped me on Valentine's Day... CLEANUP ON AISLE 9, BITCH! Wassup now, ho?"

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Community >> The Pub