Home | Community | Message Board

FreeSpores.com
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Grateful Dead, Phish

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleLeft Nut City
Stranger
Male User Gallery
A report from the Jerry Garcia birthday party
    #4525881 - 08/12/05 11:12 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

OK

First off, I don't like folk music or Grateful Dead music, but I went in order to try to get some good *censored*. I figured if I couldn't get it there, then I wasn't going to find it anywhere.

It went from Thursday night to Sunday morning. It was a primitive campground; only Porta-potties and a small shower shack that didn't work really at all. Therefore, it was a weekend spent with a multitude of hippies that never bathed. That didn't bother me much.

There was a good selection of vendors for food, T-shirts etc. It was fun wandering around on the vendor row.

If you just sat at your tent within 1 hour you would have people wandering by selling their wares -- *censored* (only real good quality, in spades), *censored*, *censored* (yeah, I was real leary about that one), brownies w/ *censored*, *censored*, *censored*, *censored*, *censored*, and *censored* on paper.

I bought some high-ass quality *censored* and 3 hits of *censored* from 3 different people. I also got some freebie *censored* from friends that warned me they thought it was shit. I ended up taking 6 and 1/2 hits from 5 different sources - the last one did the trick. I didn't expect the last one to be good so I also ate a small handful of *censored* just to get the damn party started already.

The hippy aspect was cool in some instances but overall it was a drag. A lot would come by and bum shit like cigarettes, beer, water, whatever they saw you had that they thought they might want. Granted, a dude that just needs a cigarette or a beer occasionally is no big deal. I don't mind sharing. However the welcome mat gets worn out quickly with repeated requests and they have shit nothing to offer back.

It all started getting ugly when a group of young hippys started in on whiskey, *censored*, and *censored*. They also happened to be hanging right by my Goddamn tent.

Anyway, one guy starts flipping out -- getting up and walking into tents and structures, falling all over the place, being aggressive, basically acting like an ass. One dude in his crew was at the time on an angry, bad acid trip. The angry tripper beat down the bastard a couple times. Then the out of control fool would get up and ask for more. I offered his crew a nice *censored* tab to help bring him down. They managed to feed it to him but it didn't make a dent. Next thing I know he is lunging at my wife in our space. Then I had to take care of some business.

I sat on his chest while others started duct taping his ankles and feet together. That only agitated him more. Somewhere a chick came out and sat on him, rubbing his back and talking him down. Thank God, that shit worked. While all this was going on I was peaking on my *censored* mixture, and I felt like I was gonna lose it.

Everything turned out alright, but Sunday morning came and I was glad to get the fuck out of dodge.

There you have it!

Edited by nothinghealz (08/12/05 04:47 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineHB
Male

Re: A report from the Jerry Garcia birthday bash in Terra Alta, WV this past weekend. [Re: Left Nut City]
    #4526181 - 08/12/05 01:53 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

sounds intense ... i haven't encountered too much in the way of anger from tripping, though one night i was with my buddy at his place, and he ended up taking almost 14 grams of my homegrown cubies ... i was on 7 grams myself ...

he completely lost it and started throwing punches at me ... i couldnt calm him down whatsoever, as you could imagine, trying to keep my cool on 7 grams of mushies while taking care of my buddy on 14 grams ...

i had to take care of him almost 8 hours ... turns out he had a manic episode since he is bipolar, probably sparked by being wayyy too far out ... because no shroom trip lasts so long, and ends so suddenly ... he literally snapped out of it the next morning within a minute ... wild ..

OfflineOrganic
Lloyd

Loc: Overlook
Re: A report from the Jerry Garcia birthday bash in Terra Alta, WV this past weekend. [Re: Left Nut City]
    #4526229 - 08/12/05 02:12 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

First off, I don't like folk music or Grateful Dead music, but I went in order to try to get some good acid.

:rolleyes:

Maybe the hippies mooched you because you were just there for drugs.

Couldn't you just say "A festival" instead of giving a specific location?

--------------------

InvisibleDark_Star
Loose as the Juice
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
    #4526311 - 08/12/05 02:38 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

First off, NEVER list locations and drugs like that. Second of all, don't fucking go to shows just for drugs. Third of all, I was there and it was the best time of my life....there were so many good vibes and good people there; I have never felt so much love in my entire life, and I've been going to shows for awhile.  Fucking custies need to stop crashing & ruining our gatherings.  :whatever: :thumbdown:

--------------------
Love; it's what makes a Subaru, a Subaru.

OfflineHawkeye2
Resident TranceAddict

Re: A report from the Jerry Garcia birthday bash in Terra Alta, WV this past weekend. [Re: Dark_Star]
    #4526347 - 08/12/05 02:45 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Dark_Star said:
First off, NEVER list locations and drugs like that. Second of all, don't fucking go to shows just for drugs. Third of all, I was there and it was the best time of my life....there were so many good vibes and good people there; I have never felt so much love in my entire life, and I've been going to shows for awhile.  Fucking custies need to stop crashing & ruining our gatherings.  :whatever: :thumbdown:

Goddamn angry hippies.

OfflineSnip
aimin' at your head

Loc: Mountains of the Moon
    #4526375 - 08/12/05 02:52 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Sorry you didn't have a kickass time. I didn't want to leave. :smile:

--------------------
cross my heart and hope to die

Offlinebluedolphin

Re: A report from the Jerry Garcia birthday bash in Terra Alta, WV this past weekend. [Re: Hawkeye2]
    #4526377 - 08/12/05 02:52 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Music festivals =/= "gatherings". Everyone is welcome as long as they can keep the peace.

OfflineInjectTruth
Wasting my Time,Waiting for theEnd
Male

Loc: New Jerusalem
Re: A report from the Jerry Garcia birthday bash in Terra Alta, WV this past weekend. [Re: Hawkeye2]
    #4526386 - 08/12/05 02:53 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

What the fuck is a custie? A customer?

GOD DAMN hippies have the LAMEST SLANG IN THE WORLD. Beasters, custies, molly. echhhhh

--------------------
On a personal level, Freaking Out is a process whereby an
individual casts off outmoded and restricting standars of
thinking, dress, and social etiquette in order to express
CREATIVELY his relationship to his immediate environment and
the social structure as a whole.

http://www.OrganicPharming.com - Ethno Shopping Portal

InvisibleDark_Star
Loose as the Juice
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Re: A report from the Jerry Garcia birthday bash in Terra Alta, WV this past weekend. [Re: InjectTruth]
    #4526418 - 08/12/05 03:03 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Snip said:
I didn't want to leave. :smile:

Me either.

Quote:

bluedolphin said:
Music festivals =/= "gatherings". Everyone is welcome as long as they can keep the peace.

Exactly, unfortunately that is happening less and less each year. It also pisses me off when people who are genuinely into the scene and music can't score tickets because people who just want to score drugs and/or say they were there (as happened all the time with Phish) bought up all the tickets. I'm as open and non-judgemental as you can get, and I love it when people get into this scene; it 's a beautiful thing and the more the merrier, but lately the non-heads have been taking over and driving the good people away, and that really gets under my skin. If that's the way people are going to be then form your own scene, don't fuck up ours.

Quote:

InjectTruth said:
What the fuck is a custie?  A customer?

A non-head customer, someone who just goes to shows to score drugs, and has no understanding of the scene, the people there, the ideals behind it all, and the lot scene in general. I don't have a problem with them generally, but when they go to a show and bitch about "what a drag it was" I get pissed, I'm sorry, but people like that have no business going; Why not go to an event you'll actually enjoy, and wait for Lucy to find you in another way. I don't go to football games to get drunk and laid and then bitch about how lame it all was when I come home.....and I have no idea where this guy even got that from as this was the most incredible time ever.

--------------------
Love; it's what makes a Subaru, a Subaru.

Edited by Dark_Star (08/12/05 03:09 PM)

InvisibleLeft Nut City
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Re: A report from the Jerry Garcia birthday bash in Terra Alta, WV this past weekend. [Re: Dark_Star]
    #4526801 - 08/12/05 04:48 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I edited my post as was requested by a few.

Well, I have never been so I wanted to check it out for myself and get some goods. Now that I know (and have been told) I promise never to go back.

I gave it the old college try and just didn't dig it.

Sorry..

OfflineHB
Male

#4527439 - 08/12/05 07:38 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

i think that's a worthy apology and conclusionn

people get touchy with personal preferences and beliefs, i don't personally think there's anything wrong with going to a festival to find drugs, especially since you were straight up and honest about it ... but i understand, also, that many people have a sensitive spot for garcia and the dead on the shroomery, sooo ... :wink: :laugh:

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ohio
Re: A report from the Jerry Garcia birthday party [Re: Left Nut City]
    #4527573 - 08/12/05 08:15 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

A post like this is more suited for the pub.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Invisibletranced2
the runner of it all

Loc: where peace reigns
Re: A report from the Jerry Garcia birthday bash in Terra Alta, WV this past weekend. [Re: baraka]
    #4529942 - 08/13/05 01:19 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

IF you into the music, follow the bands, fuck the festivals. They are becomming mainstream and more and more filth is filtering into the gates. They dont care about the bands, so go see the bands.

--------------------
in trees. fighting bears.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Grateful Dead, Phish

Community >> The Pub