Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

North Spore Shop: Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]
Re: Boring people. [Re: Phluck]
    #4450194 -

That said... being boring as I defined in the start of this thread lends itself to all kinds of different subcultures, but you'll most certainly find it more outside of liberal arts types.

The idea that creativity is kind of deviant and weird is more common amongst people who aren't exposed to an education that values art.

I didn't even remotely hint that these people don't have their own qualities, just that I found their dismissal, and distaste for strange things to be boring and foolish. I'm not some 14 year old douchebag railing against preppies, and I resent some asshole criticizing me based on an image of said douchebag that he conjured up while reading my post, without trying to get the ACTUAL message I was trying to convey.


--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Boring people. [Re: Cowgold]
    #4450207 -

I don't think there's a single person on the planet who isn't well aware that you can't get the complete story about who someone is judging solely on their appearance. But just because there's a pithy well known saying about something doesn't mean that appearances don't often hold a lot more information than we think they do.

The idea that we "can't judge a book by its cover" has been drilled incessantly into our minds since preschool, so much so that we often ignore very real observations.

It's no coincidence that every single sleazebag that has ripped me off on a drug deal looked exactly like a sleazebag that had no problem ripping me off.


--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Boring people. [Re: Phluck]
    #4450211 -

Would it be safe to say everyone is boring in someone elses eyes?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Boring people. [Re: Corporal Kielbasa]
    #4450268 -

Everyone might be boring in someone's eyes.

The specific context I'm talking about isn't about simply finding someone uninteresting, it's about going out of your way to not be interesting. Some of these people might behave in such a curious way that they are fascinating, while still maintaining a self-imposed boringness.


--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Boring people. [Re: Corporal Kielbasa]
    #4450269 -

lots of times judgements made from appearance turn into self fulfilling prophecies and the judged never recieve a fair trial. lol.

That "judge a book by it's cover" phrase is no less accurate because it's frequent use. It seems that we agree on the most part but we each place differing amounts on appearance.

And I tend to do the "sleeze bag" thing as well... If I feel that someone maybe a threat to me and my well being, then I feel it's a safe bet to stear clear. I still give them benefit of doubt, all while keeping distance. This isn't what all people do, and I suggest that everyone experiment and find what works for them. This goes without saying, because you all already do. I only say what I say so that someone may find value in it as I have. I don't care to be anyone's opposition in debate.


--------------------
"You might not be aware of this, but there are a lot of dickheads on the Internet." - D. Wong

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Boring people. [Re: Phluck]
    #4450353 -

ah hi see what you saying phluck

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Boring people. [Re: Phluck]
    #4450422 -

and here I thought this thread was gonna be about the real boring people. you know, the people who are 100% predictable, who have daily routines that they never stray from.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Boring people. [Re: moog]
    #4450450 -

Those people are too boring to make a thread about.


--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Boring people. [Re: Phluck]
    #4450522 -

Quote:
My initial post was obviously misleading,



Yes. I see what you're saying more clearly now.

I'd feel like I'm limiting my interaction (whether conciously or not) and what I could gather from a person if I entered a conversation with a predisposed view & taking what the person says with a grain of salt because in my eyes they are already limited.

I just don't have a problem if someone limits (or imposes boringness) themselves, everyone needs something and to some they have what they want as they are. I'm sure there is often a deeper reason than "I don't care" or "I don't give a fuck" to why people are not open to different things...IMO people deserve more credit than to be labeled boring or uninteresting because of whats happening with their surface or projected attitude.

Don't get offended, this is just my opinion, not an argument. Apparently you've got me labeled an 'asshole' now though (despite your recognition that your ACTUAL message was misleading) so you'll continue to disregard & dismiss what I say. I apologize for my harshness earlier, but your response to my first post was just as harsh and you came off as quite a douche, so I responding as such. I wasn't the only one misled by your initial post since this thread has went in every direction but the one you've clarified. :cheers:


--------------------

Edited by Organic (07/25/05 01:27 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Boring people. [Re: Phluck]
    #4450595 -

I don't dress on a basis of how someone else looks. I dress how I like to look.

The whole concrete categorization is absurd anyways. I played sports, did drugs, was a "cool kid", hung out the the stoners and goths, and got all A's in school.

Not quite a place to put me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Boring people. *DELETED* [Re: Redstorm]
    #4451679 -

Post deleted by blinkidiot

Reason for deletion: Im sorry



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Boring people. [Re: blink]
    #4451883 -

I appreciate name brand clothes and neutral styles because its so easy to get dressed in the morning. I wear polos about 90% of the time and don't have any style of dress except for the colors I usually wear. Plus its wonderful not to intimidate or make misinterpretations for people based on what I wear. If they want to know/identify me they have to talk to me =)

Its all on your creativity I think. Thats what makes people stand out or give different reactions. I have no creativity but just because I'm boring just make me bad. I just share most of the same views of this world, know about the mainstream (besides modern music probably) and whatnot.

lifes just easier.


--------------------
"If you worried about falling off the bike, you would never get on."
Lance Armstrong


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]

North Spore Shop: Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* ToTheSummit ~ A Leerjet Interview & l s d On Our Minds
( 1 2 all )
World Spirit 3,964 29 03/31/05 09:47 AM
by In(di)go
* Bored?! Not possible!! ToTheSummit 553 7 08/07/04 08:44 PM
by Thor
* bored & alone on a saturday night ... ideas?
( 1 2 all )
HB 3,421 20 04/15/07 10:01 PM
by flushme
* if ur bored take a look(vid) *DELETED* LethalX5 444 4 09/09/06 06:28 AM
by king_cobra
* abercrombie & fitch: love em or hate em
( 1 2 3 all )
StonedShroom 4,389 44 08/25/07 02:12 PM
by Muppet
* :sigh: i'm really bored Captain Loafy McPoopdick 761 13 06/04/05 11:02 PM
by Captain Loafy McPoopdick
* conformity 5150 758 14 07/12/07 03:43 PM
by drSE
* I'm bored and want to extract my san pedro mikeytro 1,164 12 10/26/07 10:57 PM
by StreetFreak

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
7,077 topic views. 4 members, 210 guests and 160 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 17 queries.