Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinemanoflove
Stranger
1st time:need advice
    #444777 - 11/02/01 03:25 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Hey everyone. This will be my first time growing shrooms and I need a little advice. Here's what I want, obviously...lol

a high yield of potent shrooms. I am looking to grow pounds, not 6-8 doses. So I am thinking of investing in one of the kits from magic mushroom. more specifically the 'Pro Grower.' Here is the web address to it if you don't already know about it.

http://www.mushroommagic.com/magickits.htm#pg

This seems as if it would be a good method to me but my knowledge is only that of common sense. So if you could please advise me as to that purchase and it's quality I would GREATLY appreciate it.

Also, as far as the spore syringe. Is a print or a syringe better or does it matter? Also, which strand should i get? What is a potent, quick, and high yielding species? I would appreciate any help possible....

thanks,
manoflove

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblepuscle
genius of love
Loc: NY
Re: 1st time:need advice [Re: manoflove]
    #444793 - 11/02/01 03:42 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Pounds? Common sense? Fuck the kits. Go to fanaticus.com, and learn the basics.

OfflineJammer
Computers areMORE Addictive!

Loc: (God's Country) - USA
    #444798 - 11/02/01 03:46 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I agree with puscle. Learn the PF TEK first. Then move on to something that uses casings.

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

OfflineCub
Loc: Northern VA
    #444800 - 11/02/01 03:48 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Chances are you wont be able to grow pounds on your first try. I'm a newbie and decided to start out with the PF TEK- you should do the same. It teaches you all the basics of keeping a sterile workspace and paying attention to detail. If you start of with a difficult setup you're bound to run into contamination and ruin the entire crop. About the spores- us newbies should probably stick to syringes for the time being. If you get it from a good source (www.thehawkseye.com) it is going to be contaminant free. After you've grown some mushrooms using PF TEK, step it up by trying a casing. From there you can build a large grow room with multiple casings on shelves, and produce alot of mushrooms. All that should take you 8 or 10 months if you work on everything and do some research to get your setup just right. At least, that's my advice. But I'm a newbie so...

Offlineoptikal_trip
enthusiast

Loc: Toronto
Re: 1st time:need advice [Re: Cub]
    #444807 - 11/02/01 03:56 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Saying that you want pounds usually means you want to sell which means you probably wont get much help around here. But like everyone said if you're a beginer then you should start off with the MMGG or PF Tek.. you can find alot of stuff on these in the Grow/Find section of this website.
PS. If you do choose to sell then you're probably gonna end up getting caught. Which means 10 years of ass raping.. you being the rapee. Just a thought and a little discouragement. ;) But if you think you can do it without getting caught then the best of luck to you.

--------------------
They chopped her goddam head off right there in the parking lot. Then they cut all kinds of holes in her head and sucked the blood out. I think they were after the pineal gland.

OfflineDaydreamer
journeyman
Loc: Vermont
Re: 1st time:need advice [Re: optikal_trip]
    #444859 - 11/02/01 04:43 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

is pounds even possible... ? without, say , 40 dozen jars, and WAY TOO MUCH FREE TIME???? (though, i suppose you'd allways have something to DO in your time)

Invisiblephrozendata
Carpal Tunnel

Folding@home Statistics
Re: 1st time:need advice [Re: Daydreamer]
    #444961 - 11/02/01 06:27 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

You dont need 40 dozen jars to knock up a few pounds. You need bulk teks and a clean enviroment. I agree with everything, start with the basic and learn from the beginning or else you will fail.

--------------------
"There's only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving and that's your own self. So you have to begin there, not
outside, not on other people" - Aldous Huxley

InvisibleRedeyedElf
enthusiast
Re: 1st time:need advice [Re: phrozendata]
    #445201 - 11/02/01 10:49 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

*being a smart ass* Ok guys I wanna make a million dollars, fast, and not work at all, i mean wake up tomorrow and have it, what do I do?

--------------------
When the walls quit melting, I'll think of a sig

OfflineMycoDorkus
journeyman
Re: 1st time:need advice [Re: RedeyedElf]
    #445246 - 11/02/01 11:53 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Have some fuckin respect for the space fungi man. They're here to educate and entertain. not line your wallet. Start with the PF Tek and keep things small.

--------------------
"Buy the ticket, Take the ride."

-H.S. Thompson

Offlinemanoflove
Stranger
    #445597 - 11/03/01 01:06 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

oops. I thought I had responded to this but I guess not. To explain myself a little farther, the reason I want such a quantity is not a business venture yet more of helping out friends. Here's the deal. I live in a town where there have been 0, and I mean no shrooms for the past 6-8 MONTHS! Everybody wants them, NOBODY can get them. I decided hell, I'll just grow the sons of bitches, sell enough to get my money back and trip for free. I am not trying to make a million dollars by any means.....lol. You can't be so antagonistic when somone asks you questions fellas, no matter what the purpose could still be an honorable one. I am not a stupid person, if I was I wouldn't have come here and asked you what you thought. I have taken all of the advice given to me and will act accordingly. I appreciate all of the honest help and concern for the wellfare of my anal cavity. I'll keep everyone update as to how my first attempt comes out. I am thinking I'll do a decent job, I'm OCD so the sterile thing isn't a problem, I just won't take my medicine, and I am getting the EQ syringes and they're supposedly the 'easiest' to grow. I simply just will not accept the fact that anything, especially fungi, is 'easy' to grow. Anyway, I'll stay in touch.

much love,
chris

Anonymous

#445602 - 11/03/01 01:11 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Grow YOUR own,teach your friends to grow THEIR own. That way NOBODY has to grow pounds.

Edited by Anonymous (11/03/01 01:15 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation