Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisiblePriitK
Stranger
 User Gallery

Bruce Lee
    #4440299 - 07/22/05 09:47 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Does anyone have any workouts, running etc of what Bruce lees training was like? & what Bruce lees diet was?

(... No Kung Fu I just want the workout's he did in a day/week....)

if you can get me some real info of what even 1 day he worked-out that would be cool

--------------------
I don't do drugs....I am drugs

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Afghanistan Flag
Re: Bruce Lee [Re: PriitK]
    #4440309 - 07/22/05 09:50 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

He used to backflip off buildings twelve times a day.

--------------------

OfflineTrainwreck
No. Really.

Loc: Southern California
Re: Bruce Lee [Re: HELLA_TIGHT]
    #4440332 - 07/22/05 09:54 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Holy shit have you guys seen this smiley yet?

:discodance:

Thats cool as fuck.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #4440359 - 07/22/05 09:56 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Get this book: The Tao of Jeet Kune Do

That will tell you everything you need to know

--------------------

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
Re: Bruce Lee [Re: HELLA_TIGHT]
    #4440419 - 07/22/05 10:07 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

HELLA_TIGHT said:
He used to backflip off buildings twelve times a day.

He would also crack 12 coconuts a day with his buttocks! :laugh:

InvisiblePriitK
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Bruce Lee [Re: Le_Canard]
    #4440474 - 07/22/05 10:18 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

thank you shroomy... I used to be into bodybuilding thought bout takin steroids but nah....not really worth it...........i am really ripped like bruce lee though.........im constantly moving and i used too take a bunch of stuff.............................i wonder if i should take ninja? thatd be tight.

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #4440486 - 07/22/05 10:20 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

ok since you probably wont get the book here are some things:

Daily ab workout:
Waist twists - four sets of 90 repetitions.
Sit-up twists - four sets of 20 repetitions.
Leg raises - four sets of 20 repetitions.
Leaning twists - four sets of 50 repetitions.
Frog kicks - four sets of 50 repetitions.

Quote:

Lee's daily training consisted of aerobic exercises, plus others which were patterned to develop his skill in fighting. He varied his exercises to avoid boredom. One of his favorite exercises was running four miles a day in 24 to 25 minutes. He would change his tempo while running - after several miles of constant, even strides, he would sprint several feet and then return to easier running. Between changes in running tempo, he would also shuffle his feet. Lee was not particular where he ran: at the beach, in parks or woods, up and down hills or on surfaced streets.

Besides running, he also rode an exercycle to develop his endurance, legs and cardiovascular muscles. He usually rode full speed - 35 to 40 miles an hour continuously for 45 minutes to an hour. Frequently, he would ride his exercycle right after his running.

Another aerobic exercise that Lee scheduled in his routine was skipping rope, which you can adopt. This exercise not only develops your stamina and leg muscles, but also improves you, makes you "light on your feet." Only recently, physiologists have learned, by several tests, that skipping rope is more beneficial than jogging. Ten minutes of skipping rope is equivalent to 30 minutes of jogging. Both are very beneficial exercises for the cardiovascular system.

Skipping rope properly is one of the best exercises for developing a sense of balance. First, skip on one foot, holding the other in front of you; then rotate your foot, skipping on the alternate foot with each revolution of the rope, from a gradual pace to a really fast tempo. Minimize your arm-swing; instead, use your wrists to swing the rope over. Lift your foot slgihtly above the ground, just enough for the rope to pass. Skip for three minutes (equivalent to a round in a boxing match); then rest one minute only, before you continue for another round. Three rounds of this exercise are sufficient for a good workout. As you become conditioned to skipping, you can omit the rest period and do the exercise for as long as 30 minutes straight. The best rope is made of leather with ball bearings in the handles.

Additional endurance exercises are shadowboxing and actual sparring. Shadowboxing is a good agility exercise which also builds up your speed. Relax your body and learn to move easily and smoothly. At first concentrate on your form and move with lightness on your feet until it becomes natural and comfortable- then work faster and harder. It is a good idea to start your workout with shadowboxing to loosen your muscles. Imagine your worst enemy stands before you and you are going to demolish him. If you use your imagination intensely, you can instill into yourself an almost real fighting frame of mind. Besides developing stamina, shadowboxing increases your speed, creates ideas and establishes techniques to be used spontaneously and intuitively. Going several rounds is the best way to learn proper footwork.

Too many begineers are too lazy to drive themselves. Only by hard and continuous exercise will you develop endurance. You have to drive yourself to the point of exhaustion ("out of breath" and expect muscle ache in a day or two). The best endurance training method seems to be a lengthy period of exercise interspersed with many brief but high-intensity endeavours. Stamina-types of exercise should be done gradually and cautiously increased. Six weeks in this kind of training is a minimum for any sports that require considerable amount of endurance. It takes years to be in peak condition and, unfortunately, stamina is quickly lost when you cease to maintain high conditioning exercises. According to some medical experts, you lose most of your benefit from exercises if you skip more than a day between workouts.

Warming Up

To warm up, select light, easy exercises to loosen your muscles and to prepare them for more strenuous work. Besides improving your performance, warming-up exercises are necessary to prevent injury to your muscles. No smart athlete will use his hand or leg violently without first warming it up carefully. These light exercises should dectate as closely as possible the ensuing, more strenuous types of movements.

How long should you warm up? This depends on several aspects. If you live in a colder area, or during the cold winter, you have to do longer warm-up exercises than do those who live in a warmer climate. Longer warming-up exercises than do those who live in a warmer climate. Longer warming-up is recommended in the early morning than in the afternoon. Generally, five or ten minutes of war-up exercises are adequate but some performers need much more. A ballet dancer spends at least two hours. He commences with very basic movements, gradually but consistently increasing the activityand intensity, until he is ready to make his appearance.

Exercises

Bruce Lee learned that certain exercises can help you greatly in your performance, and others can impede or even impair your execution of techniques. He found that beneficial exercises are those that do not cause antagonistic tension in your muscles.

Your muscles respond differently to different exercises. During a static or slow exercise such as a handstand or lifting heavy weights such as a barbell, the muscles on both sides of the joints operate strongly to set the body in a desirable position. But in a rapid activity such as running, jumping or throwing, the muscles that close the joints contract and the muscles directly opposite elongate to allow the movement. Although there is still tension on both muscles, the strain is considerably less on the elongated, or lengthened one.

When there is excessive or antagonistic tension on the elongated muscles, it hinders and weakens your movement. It acts like a brake, causing premature fatigue, generally associated only with new activity-demanding different muscles to perform. A coordinated, natural athlete is able to perform in any sporting activity with ease because he moves with little antagonistic tension. On the other hand, the novice performs with excessive tension and effort, creating a lot of wasted motions. Although this coordination trait is more a native talent in some than in other, all can improve it by intensive training.

and this - http://www.mikementzer.com/blee.html

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #4440513 - 07/22/05 10:25 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

ninjitsu? hard shit. but worth it I hear. Also I suspect you would have a hard time finding a good trainer in the US.. Jeet Kune Do is the way to go if you ask me. Or Jiu Jitsu.

but steroids.. no no no. Lee was all for Au naturale. His diet was strict as fuck, and his sensitivity to medicine was most likely what ended up killing him (when someone gave him a prescription painkiller and he had an aneurysm). He did not smoke weed.. he did however, eat a form of hash cake on a regular basis. :laugh:

--------------------

InvisiblePriitK
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Bruce Lee [Re: Shroomism]
    #4441177 - 07/23/05 01:31 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Actually there is a trainer in the next town over that offers private teaching.....but when I emailed him and asked him if he could train me he was like "WHOSE THIS WHERE THE FUK DID YOU GET MY NAME" ROFL

but y0 thanks for that info.

--------------------

InvisiblePriitK
Stranger
 User Gallery

#4441193 - 07/23/05 01:33 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

hahahah bruce lee fighting and flowing on thc can you feel me?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder