Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemushienovice
Stranger
inoculating a mycobag
    #4428856 - 07/20/05 02:53 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

hi yall
a foaf has just purchased a grain based mycobag and a syringe of ecudaor from sporeworks. he has been reading about how to grow and has a couple questions he needs answered before he begins.
he's planning to totally clean the area he will be working in, and be clean himself, with rubber gloves, hair tied back, etc. then he thinks he should:

1. mix the bag and rub the injection spot with alcohol.

2. soak the needle in alcohol, then inject 3 ccs into self healing disc near bottom of bag - however he has read that you shouldn't touch the needle to the substrate. how is this achieved? he knows with jars you are supposed to inoculate in 4 different spots, is this also recommended with the mycobags? should he inject the full 3ccs at once? he has also heard people injecting through the air vent in the top of the bag, that would keep from touching the substrate but he thinks this will damage the bag.

3. put tape over the injection spot (but since this is supposed to be self healing is this necessary?)

4. mix bag again (is this recommended?)

5. put bag in incubator set to 86 degrees fahrenheit in a dark place

he is not worried about casing or fruiting as of yet, he is just wanting to get the process started. he would really appreciate any advice you can give since he is a newbie to growing.
thank you in advance.

a couple other things he was wondering about:
1. how necessary is flaming the syringe?
2. how necessary is it to keep the incubating bag in complete darkness?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Earth Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: inoculating a mycobag [Re: mushienovice]
    #4429043 - 07/20/05 03:39 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

What do you mean mix the bag? If you are buying a grain based mycobag it should already have a pre-prepared mix. You shouldn't need gloves and all of the other stuff. Just wipe the injection site and your syringe with an alcohol swab and inject it INTO the substrate. Yes, the needle CAN touch the substrate. It wouldn't make sense not to. The self-healing injector site will SELF HEAL. No tape required. Just wipe the needle afterwards with an alcohol swab to keep it sterile for future use. DO NOT inject through the patch at the top! Didn't you read the directions? This is a MICRO filter. If you go sticking the syringe through it, you're leaving a NOT SO MICRO hole in the patch that is a possible entry point for contams. Read those directions carefully! GL Dude! :thumbup:

--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: inoculating a mycobag [Re: FooMan]
    #4429075 - 07/20/05 03:46 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

i think by mixing he meant squishing around the contents of the bag to increase the noc points.

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

i really am glad you came back to us instead of taking the other path. *hug*

-A_S (RIP your final words to me will never be forgotten)

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

Offlinemushienovice
Stranger
Re: inoculating a mycobag [Re: coda]
    #4429226 - 07/20/05 04:20 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

ok you totally helped my friend out by replying. he was pretty sure that sticking a needle in the air vent was a terrible idea.

and on mixing, yes he did mean massage the bag to speed up colonization.

also regarding the injecting into the substrate, above the substrate, etc, a FOAF has read so much on this site similar to this:

"OK, let me make something extremely clear, if you inject
the spores into the bag, and into the substrate,
you will get no results, you have to inject it where the
bag meets the substrate. "
- daussaulit

that's why he is confused about where to inject.

Offlinemushienovice
Stranger
    #4429238 - 07/20/05 04:22 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

"First of all, let's think about a jar with brown rice substrate. Do you inject the spores directly in the center of the cake, NO! You injected it on the outside of the cake, you should see the spore water come out of the syringe through the glass. SAME THING WITH THE BAGS! You inject it on the outside of the substrate, you should see the needle through the bag, and you should see the water come out of the syringe and spread through the part of the substrate touching the bag. Just make sure you don't puncture the bag or your SOL."

another similar post

InvisibleTrippingDuality
cult classic
 User Gallery

#4429851 - 07/20/05 06:38 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

i inoculated my bag in the center of the substrate. after a few days i lost my mind and inoculated again in between the bag and substrate. two days later i have myc forming. just a little bit mind you. however i'm thinking there could be probs due to amount of spores/water/etc. but when i do it again i'm gonna do it between the bag and substrate and see how it goes. but i am a newbie so don't take my word for it.

--------------------
turn off your mind relax and float downstream

Edited by trippibri (07/20/05 06:42 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom