Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibleveggie

5-Meo-Amt dealer busted [NC]
    #4402137 - 07/14/05 02:55 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Police capture drug suspect
July 14, 2005 - edendailynews.com

A year-long investigation that began in Eden and involved three other law enforcement agencies, including the Internal Revenue Service came to a close Wednesday.

Joseph Kenneth Newbold, 46, of Randleman was arrested on federal drug and money laundering charges.

Eden detectives launched an investigation into Newbold after informants told them they could purchase a club drug called "white lightning."

Eden police said attempts to lure Newbold into Rockingham County by undercover officers failed because Newbold said he was afraid of Eden's drug investigators. Arrangements were made for the drug buys to take place in Randolph County. Because of jurisdictional considerations the SBI and Randolph County Sheriff's Department were asked to assist in the sting.

According to Eden the SBI and eventually the IRS made police several undercover drug buys.

In all, agents were able to buy 800 dosages of "white lightning."

A search of three locations in Randolph County led to the seizure of $30,000 in cash, eight pounds of marijuana, four rifles, including at least one fully automatic weapon and two assault weapons, two pistols and five bottles of illegal drugs. Police said they expect to seize at least seven rental homes and other property.

Pending charges against Newbold include drug trafficking charges and felony firearm charges.

The IRS was brought in after detectives said they discovered Newbold was forging documents and laundering tens of thousands of dollars for third parties, as well as evading taxes. Eden police said the IRS played a major role in the case.

The drug that launched the case is 5 MEO-AMT known on the street as "white lightning" and "alpha-o." The drug has become popular at raves and all-night parties as an LSD alternative. Overdoses can occur with dosages as low as 8 mg. Eden police report the drug is responsible for several deaths in North Carolina.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ohio
Re: 5-Meo-Amt dealer busted [NC] [Re: veggie]
    #4402648 - 07/14/05 09:38 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

fuck 5meo-amt

good riddens dude. Sorry about the herb.

Atleast i guess he wasnt selling it as lsd, atleast he wasnt... who knows about the people he was giving it too.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: 5-Meo-Amt dealer busted [NC] [Re: baraka]
    #4402712 - 07/14/05 10:22 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

:thumbup:

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
Re: 5-Meo-Amt dealer busted [NC] [Re: veggie]
    #4403244 - 07/14/05 01:18 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

I'm glad they got an MeO-AMT dealer, but I find it a bit sad...you have to wonder if he would have done what he did with those drugs if there wasn't such a one-sided drug war going on.

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service