Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Hygrometers
    #4384774 -

What's a good price to pay for a digital hygrometer?

Thanks in advance for your opinion,

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hygrometers [Re: hardwaters]
    #4384810 -

you get what you pay for, but i dont use them !!!!i have one that is a digital that was 20 bucks at lowes but it dosent go to 100% it will go to 90% then say hi!!!!


--------------------
Down in a hole and I don't know if I can be saved
See my heart I decorate it like a grave
You don't understand who they
Thought I was supposed to be
Look at me now a man
Who won't let himself be

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hygrometers [Re: hardwaters]
    #4384812 -

donno i got a hygro/temp meter from home depot for 10 bucks


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hygrometers [Re: hardwaters]
    #4384824 -

I stopped using them long ago, but found out that if you want an accurate hygrometer, expect to dish out $30+, or you'll get stuck with a suck-the-moose piece of junk not worth a damn. Radio Shack has some decent hygrometers in the 30-40 dollar range.


--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hygrometers [Re: Holydiver]
    #4384887 -

Diver said:
I stopped using them long ago, but found out that if you want an accurate hygrometer, expect to dish out $30+, or you'll get stuck with a suck-the-moose piece of junk not worth a damn. Radio Shack has some decent hygrometers in the 30-40 dollar range.


ya you dont need them all you need is to know what your doing and a temp gauge!!!


--------------------
Down in a hole and I don't know if I can be saved
See my heart I decorate it like a grave
You don't understand who they
Thought I was supposed to be
Look at me now a man
Who won't let himself be

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hygrometers [Re: hardwaters]
    #4384983 -

$40 /60 bucks.

Once you get the hang of things. As stated by the good fellows above. You don't really need one. With bulk substrates, a coolmist, occasional misting & watering at the right time - will do the trick. You get an eye for condensation. I mist when the condensation gets weak/shallow/thin. Then wait to see how long it stays, then mist again - as it gets -thin- again. Simple as that.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hygrometers [Re: agar]
    #4385129 -

I paid only 10 bucks for my electronic one, but the condensation got into it, and it broke. You get what you pay for indeed.


--------------------
Battles of wits are impossible with the unarmed.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hygrometers [Re: WillieTomg]
    #4385146 -

I got mine from a hydroponic shop for $20. It's made by sunleaves , intended for cultivation , and from what I can tell condensation proof. It's also a temp guage as well.

I mist around it all the time and it accumulates droplets of water on it with no ill effects.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hygrometers [Re: MaJikFungus]
    #4387418 -

25$


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hygrometers [Re: BLAST_420]
    #4387771 -

$41.99



works like a champ.

Peace,Love,Happiness and Harmony.
:heart: Hippie Chick  :mushroom2:


--------------------
Peace,Love and Happiness
:heart: HC :mushroom2:

Freedoms just another word for nothing left to lose..............

I LUV My Greenhouse
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/5545848#5545848

My First Pans
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/6212058#6212058

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hygrometers [Re: HippieChick]
    #4387861 -

Yea, thanks HC for the recommendation on that one.

There's a guy on ebay that sells the same one cheaper than that. -$29.50 shipped.

Goes by the name of weatherwise.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Analog Hygrometer - Calibration and Electronic Digital Hygrometer bbox244 2,895 2 06/15/11 02:10 PM
by sage1o1
* Looking for QUALITY hygrometer Novanity1 4,837 11 09/06/12 08:22 AM
by God Stamet
* Calibrate your Hygrometer notagoodusername 1,596 2 05/04/09 11:12 AM
by RogerRabbit
* looking for a recommendation for a decent thermometer/humidity gauge/hygrometer... nerol 5,366 15 11/05/08 11:03 AM
by J3illy
* Calibrate your hygrometer ! Vernus 2,279 3 12/17/11 12:51 PM
by Vernus
* DO NOT Buy a Radio Shack Hygrometer; DO NOT accept one as a gift
( 1 2 all )
jasher 7,944 20 07/10/09 04:08 PM
by Lostkeys
* New analog Hygrometer! shroomizzy 2,186 5 09/30/08 11:54 AM
by shroomizzy
* New hygrometer - external sensor veda_sticks 1,228 4 11/05/07 03:56 PM
by RogerRabbit

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
677 topic views. 10 members, 82 guests and 82 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.