Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinepshawny
Mycobian
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Shroomery
Cuong Nguyen Sentenced For Drugs
    #4381685 - 07/07/05 11:27 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Cuong Nguyen Sentenced For Drugs
July 7, 2005 - Keloland.com

He had more than $50,000 worth of drugs when he was arrested. Officials call Cuong Nguyen a "major drug dealer" who sold marijuana and ecstasy to teens throughout Sioux Falls. But now the former Washington High School student's business is shut down.

Thursday a Minnehaha County judge sentenced Cuong Nguyen to seven years behind bars, with an additional eight years suspended for having and selling drugs. But that wasn't before he told the 18-year-old, "Even though you are very young, it's difficult to get past the fact you were selling to young children in our community."

Before Cuong Nguyen entered a Minnehaha County courtroom to learn his fate, the 18-year-old stopped to answer a question about the uncertainty of his future. He says, "Yeah, I don't know what to say. I don't really know what they're, really what they're going to do."

Not long after, the judge sentenced Nguyen to seven years in the State Penitentiary. Aaron McGowan, with the Minnehaha County State's Attorney's Office, says, "I'm pleased with the sentence. It's tough to send an 18-year-old to the penitentiary, but it was appropriate in a case like this when you have such large quantities of drugs and distribution going on in this community."

Authorities found everything from ecstasy and marijuana to a mushroom growing operation and cash in the 18-year-old's bedroom. McGowan says, "The tally I did on the total value of the drugs we seized from the residences and from the controlled delivery was in excess of $50,000."

McGowan says Nguyen relied on teens in the community to make his drug profit. He says, "Our information from witnesses and individuals in the home was that he was selling to Washington High School students."

Because of that McGowan is happy Nguyen is off the streets. He says, "This is a very successful end to the investigation."

During the investigation before sentencing, McGowan says Nguyen claimed he needed the money from drug sales to do repairs on his car. But the judge told the teen, "It's clear this wasn't just a hobby, it was a major business."

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Cuong Nguyen Sentenced For Drugs [Re: pshawny]
    #4382878 - 07/08/05 06:30 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

> McGowan is happy Nguyen is off the streets

Yeah! Another violent rapist off the streets... oh wait... Yeah! Another murderer off the steets... oh wait... Yeah! Another violent... oh wait... hmmm... well, I am sure he was a bad person, selling drugs and supporting terrorism, and we all know that bad people deserve to spend the first quarter of their life in prison... glad my tax money is going towards something positive like keeping violent... I mean, non-violent bad people that support terrorism off the streets. I feel safer already.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Offlinesander
learning

Loc: MA and IA
Re: Cuong Nguyen Sentenced For Drugs [Re: pshawny]
    #4383402 - 07/08/05 12:08 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

pshawny said:
"The tally I did on the total value of the drugs we seized from the residences and from the controlled delivery was in excess of $50,000."

whats residences plural? and controlled delivery? i think this 50,000 figure is probably grossly misused. it sounds like they assessed how much they found in his room. combined with all the reported deals he has done over a period of time. while its possible, i doubt he had 50,000 of weed Ecstasy and mushrooms. think about the sheer volume that entails. with the generous estimates of 25 an eighth of weed, and 15 a pill for the E. that's 1200 pills. and 10 lbs of ganja. i don't know about you. but i couldn't adequately hide that in my house much less my bedroom. and im sure that 50,000 dollar figure was over used a million times in that court room as well as the local papers.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Cuong Nguyen Sentenced For Drugs [Re: sander]
    #4383767 - 07/08/05 01:55 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

> i think this 50,000 figure is probably grossly misused.

Typical of the courts in the US. You get caught with a half smoked joint and by the time it gets to trial, you had a few pounds on you worth several million dollars on the street. It looks much better to bust an 18 year old with $50,000 worth of drug than to bust an 18 year old with $500 worth of drug.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service