Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
Questions raised in LSD sentencing
    #2134485 - 11/25/03 11:10 AM (13 years, 15 days ago)

http://www.cjonline.com/stories/112503/kan_lsdsentence.shtml

Questions raised in LSD sentencing

By Steve Fry
The Capital-Journal

A chemist testifying on behalf of two men convicted of trafficking millions of doses of LSD disputed how federal officials computed the amount of the hallucinogenic drug tied to the two men when he testified Monday.

Sentencing of William Leonard Pickard, 57, and Clyde Apperson, 48, will resume at 9:30 a.m. today. Pickard and Apperson were convicted March 31 of conspiracy and possession of LSD with intent to distribute more than 10 grams of LSD. The sentencing hearing entered its second day Monday. Sentencings in U.S. District Court ordinarily take no more than two hours. But the defendants have called as witnesses Timothy McKibben, a Drug Enforcement Administration senior research chemist, and Dr. Peter Lott, retired university chemistry professor and owner of a small laboratory.

"There is no question that there was LSD in the materials, in my mind," Lott testified Monday.

But he said there may be a "significant error" in the weight of the drugs as weighed by McKibben. The question of how much there was in the containers is difficult to determine based on information Lott received from McKibben's worksheets, he testified.

On Thursday, McKibben testified law enforcement officers found evidence of 90 pounds of LSD; 52 pounds of an LSD by-product; 214 1/2 pounds of a precursor substance of LSD; and almost 42 pounds of another precursor. If all the various forms of LSD and precursors had been made into the drug, it would have produced an estimated 2.8 billion doses selling for $1 to $10 each. According to trial testimony, each dose was sold wholesale for 29 cents each.

Reduced to LSD in pure form, the LSD and its related chemicals at the Wamego site equaled 198.9 grams -- or a little more than 7 ounces.

But Lott was critical of McKibben's hand-written calculations on worksheets, which was data used to perform the analysis of how much LSD or related chemicals were present in a series of containers confiscated from the defendants in November 2000 when they were arrested.

Lott testified that problems included:

? there wasn't a "standard" of the sample drugs or the date it was prepared

? McKibben used a pipette, which measures an extremely small volume, to measure

? the strength of the drug varies so calculations can't be done because that would give a false result

? a five-gallon container was listed as holding 20 liters of one substance when Lott doubted the container was big enough to hold that much.

Lott questioned whether the "very, very small" sample taken of one substance was representative of the entire batch. If it's not representative, McKibben's analysis is "meaningless," Lott said. Lott wondered whether the sample in another test was taken from one of four containers holding the substance or from a composite sample from the four containers.

--------------------
http://heffter.org

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Questions raised in LSD sentencing [Re: motaman]
    #2134517 - 11/25/03 11:22 AM (13 years, 15 days ago)

> Reduced to LSD in pure form, the LSD and its related chemicals at the Wamego site equaled 198.9 grams -- or a little more than 7 ounces.

hmmm... 7 ounces... 94 pounds... its all the same.  :rolleyes:

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
Re: Questions raised in LSD sentencing [Re: Seuss]
    #2134626 - 11/25/03 12:23 PM (13 years, 15 days ago)

7 ounces is still more than 10 grams, which can carry 10 years to life i believe

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Invisibleninetynine
puke boy skeleton face
 User Gallery

Loc: no hands land, az
Re: Questions raised in LSD sentencing [Re: ZippoZ]
    #2139020 - 11/27/03 12:25 AM (13 years, 13 days ago)

wait, so there is a couple billion doses out now? so how the fuck is it i can't find some. i bet they light cigars with sheets...

--------------------

2,5-dimethoxy-4-astatophenethylamine

InvisibleCloud9
I don't feel, and it feels great
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: between here and there
Re: Questions raised in LSD sentencing [Re: ninetynine]
    #2143336 - 11/29/03 12:38 AM (13 years, 11 days ago)

29? per dose, thats crazy..

--------------------

OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

Loc: Florida
Re: Questions raised in LSD sentencing [Re: Cloud9]
    #2150271 - 12/01/03 08:14 PM (13 years, 8 days ago)

Thats nice...the whole sale of LSD hasn't changed much from what I understand, just the dose level. It sucks that its still abit dry although its officially around for me :grin:

InvisibleLetto
Load Universeinto Cannon. Aimat Brain. Fire.
Re: Questions raised in LSD sentencing [Re: ninetynine]
    #2155939 - 12/03/03 06:08 PM (13 years, 6 days ago)

No dude, the guy was busted what that amount in his lab. (whatever amount is correct)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service