Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebluedolphin

DOI - First Time - A Space City Amphetamine
    #4366964 - 07/03/05 05:39 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

First I should say this report is mostly intended for people with some psychedelic experience. I don't really have time to delve into each and every insight

2:00pm

I ingest 2mg of DOI by licking it off a credit card. Then I go on a few quick errands.

3:00pm

Back from my errands. First alerts? Maybe slightly. Feels like very early onset of a generic phenethlamine, maybe a bit amphetamine feeling but not pushy at all. I guess this was to be expected.

4:00pm

Not much difference. Got a decent body buzz going on now. Feels amphetamine/phenethylamine. I mean "amphetamine" because the energy flows throughout your whole body. I mean "phenethylamine" because, at least at this point, this is clearly not the God-Energy that certain higher order psyhedelics (LSD, mushrooms, 4-aco-mipt) can produce. Overall it feels very easy on the body and very easy on the mind. At this point I'd call it a plus one and a half. Not yet "psychedelic".

4:30pm

Okay, here come the visuals. First I noticed colors shifting on the walls. Orange and other pastel colors seem accentuated. Some of the colors will change and bleed into other colors. I checked for tracers, and noticed they were not typical "long-blur" tracers, but more like a delayed snapshot tracer, if that makes any sense.

5:00pm

I felt compelled to clean my apartment. It was a bit dirty and getting things clean gave me satisfaction and a way to expell my energy. I must say though, had I taken 20mg of Adderall I would have had a lot more amphetamine-type energy. DOI was actually smoother than 2C-I in this aspect as well.

5:30pm

I played guitar for a while, which I found was enhanced very nicely. Normally on psychedelics I think of new and original things to play, and normally on amphetamines I can play with increased speed and precision. Sometimes the difference is pretty amazing. Anyway, DOI, being both psychedelic and amphetamine, captured both these qualities very well, and I had a very satisfying jam.

6:00pm

Now I notice some shifting in the carpet. Other visual effects are difficult to explain. They were subtle, but beautiful. My relatively calm state of mind (considering I was tripping) combined with the relatively calm state of visual disturbance -- as opposed to high dose LSD, mushrooms, where everything in your visual field goes nuts -- allowed me to relax and enjoy the subtleties of my current trip. I remember finding DOI useful for working out logistical / situational problems that were going on in my life at the time. However I can't exactly remember what that was all about.

6:15pm

My annoying and schizophrenic neighbor from downstairs comes up to "see if I wanna do anything". I tell him it's a bad time. I turn on The Simpsons and smoke a bowl with my friend who's just stopped by.

Smoking the cannabis significantly changed the experience. Since I don't usually like to smoke on amphetamines.... and I don't usually like to smoke on phenethylamines, I'm not surprised. Basically it turned a fun, clear-headed, good humored trip into something a bit more confusing and turned inward. By no means was this something I couldn't have dealt with, so I just regretted smoking a little and waited for it to ride out.

7:00pm

My buddy had to leave for a bit and my annoying and schizophrenic neighbor came back up, this time bringing up some really schetchy crack-head lookin' dude I've never seen before. This dude asked me to smoke him out, and I said "no". Then he asked me if I had anything to sell, and I said, "No." Then I gave my neighbor a nasty look and kicked them out of my doorway.

So this put me in kind of a bad mood for the next couple hours, which I spent just watching TV.

Until...

9:00pm

My boys roll up with a bunch of quality beer and three boxes of whippits!
So needless to say the next couple hours were spent hittin' the bulbs. Of course the entire time we were smoking blunts and bowls of only the finest Maui Waui x Skunk homegrown.

I also drank some beer during this time, and ate 10mg valium in hopes that I would eventually be able to sleep that evening. I probably would have ate more benzos but that was all I had left.

10:00pm

No change in effects. Still at a strong ++. Though very clearheaded, I could interact with people just fine and they didn't know I was tripping (I asked later to verify).

11:00pm

No change. I went outside to have a cigarette and check out the night sky. I saw what looked like comets shooting across the night sky, and the dark color of the sky would pulsate. The treetops were glowing at least 10 feet away from the trees. The occasional firefly going by always caught my interest.

12:00am

No change. Medium ++ now.

2:00am

Sittin on my couch watching TV, drinking beers. Sleep doesn't seem like a possibility, but then again I rarely fall asleep before 3:00am anyway.

3:30am

I ate 12mg melatonin. My body still feels slightly tense and a bit "up" but my mind is pretty worn out. So I smoke a fat bowl and go lie in bed.

During this period I got probably the best visuals of the whole trip. Aztec-looking creatures formed radial patterns on my ceiling, which reminded me very much of what I've seen on 2C-I. The difference was that my ceiling turned into a kind of scene from space, and these creature-patterns seemed to be projected from this space.

Soon after that the melatonin made me pass out, and I got about 4 hours of restless sleep before waking up. At least I slept!

11:30am, The Next Day

Still feeling slightly stimulated, but definitely not tripping. This wore off by mid-afternoon.

Conclusion?

Well, first I should say I consider 2mg to be a low dose of DOI. I think Shulgun lowballed this one. I also know plenty of friends who have experimented with this chemical in doses much higher.... up to 15mg, and have not suffered any obvious health problems.

However, it seems that if you eat more than 4mg you are asking for a full 24 hour trip. Unfortunately, it seems like 4mg is the kind of dose people need for a full +++ experience. I have heard of people entering completely alien and unrecognizable worlds on higher doses. If you are brave and sure of your health, go for it. Otherwise my feeling is that DOI is suitable as an "entry-level" trip at low doses, like 2mg. However it appears to get very intense and long-lasting if you double that, or go higher.

This is all based on what my companions have told me, and I've observed on a few occasions.

Onset varies between 1 hour to +++ to 3 hours to ++. I suspect if you eat a higher dose it kicks in quicker.

Expect a 2mg dose to last about as long as LSD, except with a longer comeup. The comedown might also last a wee bit longer. Doses above 2mg extend the length of action up to 50 hours or so. Of course I would never suggest a 10mg dose of DOI but some people like to trip hard, no matter what, I guess.

In summary.... a pretty pleasant chemical. If you like mescaline and 2C-x chemicals you might love this. It was surprisingly easy on the body considering it's amphetamine structure and length of action.

This chemical also seems to provide a positive push, or motivation, to get things done. This is not a bad thing. However if you are OCD or severely manic/depressive you might want to avoid this.

peace

any questions you know where to holla

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleCaptainH13
Scum
 User Gallery

Re: DOI - First Time - A Space City Amphetamine [Re: bluedolphin]
    #4366979 - 07/03/05 05:46 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

nice read....

and hey,i love Mescaline.......

:sun:

--------------------

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: DOI - First Time - A Space City Amphetamine [Re: bluedolphin]
    #4367048 - 07/03/05 06:21 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Nice report!

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Loc: USF Tampa, Fl
Re: DOI - First Time - A Space City Amphetamine [Re: gdman]
    #4367610 - 07/03/05 09:37 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

hmm. Interesting.

Never heard of DOI being available to normal people. Wonder where the hell THAT came from...

That is a long fucking trip man! I've taken 2C-I a few times, but never tried any other phenethlamines. Since the last time I ate that shit was over a year ago, and I am still seeing shit from it, I plan to avoid RC's for the time being. Shrooms never gave me perma-trip like 2C-I did, and I used to eat them every weekend for a whole year!

Shulgin does tend to lowball on a lot of the doses in TiKHAL/PiKHAL, simply because he had the good sense to not try heroic doses of chemicals that only he has ever tried/heard of.

I have to say though, watching tv and consuming as many drugs as you can get your hands on doesn't sound like a very constructive way to spend a trip. I'd feel like a junky if I ever did that...

OfflineBrekkFu
Stranger
Loc: US... =(
Re: DOI - First Time - A Space City Amphetamine [Re: dr0mni]
    #4368094 - 07/04/05 12:34 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Very good read.

--------------------
"If the words 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness' don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on."
-Terrence McKenna

Offlinebluedolphin

Re: DOI - First Time - A Space City Amphetamine [Re: dr0mni]
    #4454622 - 07/26/05 08:00 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

dr0mni said:I have to say though, watching tv and consuming as many drugs as you can get your hands on doesn't sound like a very constructive way to spend a trip. I'd feel like a junky if I ever did that...

Actually I've only tripped twice in the last 4 months. Like I said the nitrous just landed in my lap that day, completely randomly. You can take your judgemental attitude and shove it.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag