Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinestrl
-
Loc: The Balkans
Recommended books (lots of questions)
    #4348582 - 06/28/05 10:16 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Hey guys,

I am shopping for a general and as complete as possible mushroom identification guide (or several ones that complement each other). I already own Stamets' "Psilocybin Mushrooms of the World" and Menser's "Hallucinogenic and Poisonous Mushrooms". What other books would you recommend?
Should I get myself David Largant's "How to Identify Mushrooms to Genus" series? If yes, which volume should start with? Any other suggested titles?

I live in Europe, so am mostly interested in mushrooms that grow there in the wild. German and Russian titles are fine with me.

Thanks!

--------------------
strl is the reverse lrts

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinestrun9x0ut
some dude
 User Gallery

Loc: Atlanta, GA
Re: Recommended books (lots of questions) [Re: strl]
    #4349043 - 06/29/05 12:22 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I have Mushrooms Demystified (2nd edition) by David Arora. I like it just fine, but I think it might be slightly dated. For example, I know it doesn't have Psilocybe weilii in it (but I know that the Stamets book you have does have that specie). Anyway, I think it's a very good guide and really informative.

Oh, and if you end up getting that book, I'd try to avoid going somewhere like Borders or B&N to get it because if I remember correctly it costs way more at those stores than where I bought it (Amazon).

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
Re: Recommended books (lots of questions) [Re: strl]
    #4353071 - 06/29/05 10:00 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I'd *strongly* recommend Meinhard Moser's Keys to Agarics and Boleti. It's out of print, but worth searching used book stores for. It's one of the most definitive references to the fungi of Europe and keys out 3150 species.

Happy mushrooming!

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale