Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
The Magic Mushrooms - "I'm Gone" (mp3)
    #4301923 -

Borderline Books is offline, so I don't have any information about this song or group. I'm sure that this was recorded between 1966 and 1968. I dig the song but the name makes the scene for me.


The Magic Mushrooms - I'm Gone
3mb / 2:36





--------------------
--------------------------------


Mp3 of the month: Wild Things- Another Colored Ink Drawing (A.C.I.D.)


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Magic Mushrooms - "I'm Gone" (mp3) [Re: Learyfan]
    #4302064 -

yeah..the title is cool..heh

The song seems to have nothing to do with mushrooms

Nice find!


--------------------
Shroomery Composition Contest

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Magic Mushrooms - "I'm Gone" (mp3) [Re: Learyfan]
    #4302297 -

where do you find these crazy artifacts?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Magic Mushrooms - "I'm Gone" (mp3) [Re: Vvellum]
    #4305259 -

There's a whole genre of music that I'm into called "Garage", which has a sub-genre called "Psych". Basically it's made of 60's bands who never quite made it to the mainstream. Sometimes the music is good and sometimes it's so bad that it's good. This era was at it's best during the years of 1966-1968. There are TONS of compilations out there.

I've only met one person in my entire life who had a garage CD, but there are evidently lots of them out there. I post at another message board dedicated to this genre. These guys pay hundreds and hundreds of dollars for the original 7" records. Most people just buy the compilations, as far as I can tell. The Magic Mushrooms song "I'm Gone" can be found on Pebbles 9. Pebbles is one of the most popular series of garage compilations.






--------------------
--------------------------------


Mp3 of the month: Wild Things- Another Colored Ink Drawing (A.C.I.D.)


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Magic Mushrooms - "I'm Gone" (mp3) [Re: Learyfan]
    #4306120 -

I remember seeing compliations/cds for sale for garage/psychedelic bands in maximumrocknroll magazine about 10 years ago...I always thought seeing '60s bands in a punkrock zine was interesting. I should have purchased an album.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Think about a mushroom.. oke 1,776 11 04/17/03 12:08 PM
by Che_Night_Soil
* Some new Punkrock artists?
( 1 2 3 all )
Brakkie 1,912 44 05/17/06 04:26 PM
by HELLA_TIGHT
* Mayan Mushroom Artifacts tomatoes 1,471 4 06/28/03 01:00 PM
by pants
* What mp3's are really doing
( 1 2 all )
WildCardsRevenge 4,603 24 12/05/21 07:10 PM
by christopera
* Vinatge reefer jazz mp3's LearyfanS 2,041 8 12/29/02 08:26 AM
by Learyfan
* Jello Biafra - "Grow More Pot" (mp3) LearyfanS 1,421 13 10/27/03 03:23 PM
by Anonymous
* David Cross - "High Times " (Mp3) LearyfanS 3,248 10 07/28/03 08:17 PM
by Learyfan
* "Back Door Man" & "Alabama Song" (mp3's) LearyfanS 1,563 11 01/17/04 02:17 AM
by Anonymous

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,017 topic views. 10 members, 33 guests and 298 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.