Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Hemp

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineLearyfan
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Jello Biafra - "Grow More Pot" (mp3)
    #2035352 - 10/23/03 08:19 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

This is an mp3 from Jello Biafra's 1991 spoken word album "I Blow MInds For A Living". It's a very important file that I want you all to hear. It's all about Jack Herer's book "The Emperor Wears No Clothes". He mispronounces Jack's last name(rhymes with "terror"), but you get the point.

Download it and let as many people hear it as possible. The fate of the world hangs in the balance......

Jello Biafra - "Grow More Pot"
12.3mb

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month: BLC - I Don't Wanna Go

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleXochitl
synchronicitycircuit
Loc: the brainforest
Re: Jello Biafra - "Grow More Pot" (mp3) [Re: Learyfan]
    #2035463 - 10/23/03 09:45 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

ah, yes. I Blow Minds for a Living I havent listened to that album in years. www.alternativetentacles.com

Nice post Learyfan :thumbup:

Grow More POT! 

--------------------
As we know, there are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns. That is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know.

-Donald Rumsfeld 2/2/02 Pentagon

OfflineLearyfan
Male User Gallery

Re: Jello Biafra - "Grow More Pot" (mp3) [Re: Xochitl]
    #2036229 - 10/23/03 02:45 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Get reaquainted with it and spread the message to everyone.

GROW

MORE

POT!

--------------------

OfflineLearyfan
Male User Gallery

#2041974 - 10/25/03 03:17 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Bump!

Download this!

--------------------

InvisibleXochitl
synchronicitycircuit
    #2041993 - 10/25/03 03:28 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

damn right :thumbup:

--------------------
As we know, there are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns. That is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know.

Offlineenotake2
Stop Bush's war
 User Gallery

Loc: Comfy chair in my lounger...
    #2043039 - 10/25/03 11:30 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Downloading....

--------------------
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected our generation as kids, we'd all be running around in a darkened room, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music.

"Being bitter and hateful is like drinking a vial of poison and hoping the other person gets sick" FreakQLibrium

"My motto from here on out is: If someone or something (including me) in my life is conducting themselves in such a way that they can be seen on Jerry Springer, it's time to take out the garbage!!! When you stop taking their behaviour personally and see their antics as a true reflection on their character, it becomes absolutely nauseating." Anon. on abusive relationships.

Offlineenotake2
Stop Bush's war
 User Gallery

Loc: Comfy chair in my lounger...
Re: Jello Biafra - "Grow More Pot" (mp3) [Re: enotake2]
    #2043257 - 10/26/03 01:16 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Pretty cool. I think most drugs were outlawed for crap political reasons, and I have no doubt that the reasons hemp is not legalised for clothing, paper or fuel production are because of competing financial interests of large companies despite the negative impact current sources have on the environment.

--------------------
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected our generation as kids, we'd all be running around in a darkened room, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music.

"Being bitter and hateful is like drinking a vial of poison and hoping the other person gets sick" FreakQLibrium

"My motto from here on out is: If someone or something (including me) in my life is conducting themselves in such a way that they can be seen on Jerry Springer, it's time to take out the garbage!!! When you stop taking their behaviour personally and see their antics as a true reflection on their character, it becomes absolutely nauseating." Anon. on abusive relationships.

Anonymous

Re: Jello Biafra - "Grow More Pot" (mp3) [Re: enotake2]
    #2043359 - 10/26/03 01:51 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

http://www.deadkennedysnews.com/

I think the important thing in your post is the info provided about "the emperor wears no clothes". Jello Biafra is a very questionable character these days. He attempted to steal $70,000 from his old band-mates in the dead kennedys, it back fired on him when an employee at his record label refused to help him cover up the crime. He is the worst type of hypocrite, considering he has made a career out of being "anti-greed,anti-corporate"etc.He has the audacity still to keep up his "spoken word' tours, occasionally spouting lies about how his bandmates wanted to use holiday in cambodia for a levis commercial.The consensus among ppl who know him closely is that he does it to divert the attention from his own very corporate style greed.
As a long time fan of the dead kennedys i was very saddened & disappointed by the facts in the case...scope it out & see what you think.

Offlineekomstop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: Jello Biafra - "Grow More Pot" (mp3) [Re: ]
    #2044182 - 10/26/03 09:04 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Excellent :smile:

Thanks

Anonymous

Re: Jello Biafra - "Grow More Pot" (mp3) [Re: ekomstop]
    #2045628 - 10/26/03 10:10 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

that sucks, that people that smart and that influencing, can be taken in by the monster that is greed. his words are still true, no matter what his actions were. Listen

~J-Slice~

Anonymous

#2045856 - 10/26/03 11:39 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I bought that album when it was released over 10 years ago. I even bought the t-shirt, his words are true, but if someone comes into my home for example, to tell me my porch is on fire(and its true) , then,while im putting out the fire,they proceed to steal my cash , im not likely to give them a pat on the back, im more likely to think they are at least some sort of fucker...if not insane.

Edited by Anonymous (10/26/03 11:40 PM)

InvisibleXochitl
synchronicitycircuit
    #2046451 - 10/27/03 03:49 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I've read both sides of the story (and heard Biafra himself talk about the trial) and well, to be honest with you, I think both parties are full of shit and greed. That website is just as biased as Alternative Tentacles is.

--------------------

OfflineLearyfan
Male User Gallery

#2047585 - 10/27/03 03:38 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

That wasn't a very good analogy. Biafra only(according to you) stole cash from the other members of the Kennedys, not me or anyone else.

If you're saying we shouldn't pay attention to the words in "Grow More Pot" because of some deal with Biafra and the rest of DK, then you're throwing the baby out with the bath water.

If anything, it's a mp3 about Jack Herer's great book "The Emperor Wears No Clothes" which is an incredible book and should be read by all.

--------------------

Anonymous

#2047781 - 10/27/03 05:23 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

http://www.deadkennedysnews.com/

I think the important thing in your post is the info provided about "the emperor wears no clothes".<- That was the first line of my post.....Biafra is conning those "less in the know". When i met him at a recent spoken word performance , he was passing around his shoe for ppl to fill with money, it was embarassing, essentially he was begging, his current spoken word tour is nothing more than a sham.He was found guilty by a court , not by me, if you get a speeding ticket you dont pass out your shoe, you pay for it yourself usually. He is extracting money from ppl who still cling to the memory of him when he was a less corrupt person..he has simply got old & lost the plot. Im not saying you should discount what he says about pot at all....i was merely trying , if anything to enlighten you somewhat as to his hypocrisy. I realise that it may be difficult for you to realise such a thing about someone whos work you have learned from.It certainly was like that for me when i first found out.
I am in no way taking the side of the absolute joke that is the "reformed" dead kennedys either. Sorry you didnt like that analogy, but basically what i was trying to say is that HE is pretty corrupt...the subject matter in that book isnt. I will say no more, but i did think my post was valid under the circumstances.
:thumbup: :mushroom2:

Edited by Anonymous (10/27/03 05:31 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Hemp

Community >> The Pub