Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMushroomMatt
Loc: Troy, NY - USA
Mycelium on stems/caps
    #426803 - 10/15/01 09:51 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Sorry to resurrect an old topic but it hasn't gotten much worthwhile attention lately-my cat's cakes are germinating with a fervor such that I have not seen since I humped your mom last night (sorry, just slipped out), but there's a bit of fluffy mycelium collected around the bases of many of'em, plus a few white spots about the circumferences of many 'soon-to-be-cap' balls...apparently some think it's caused by the humiditybeing too high, and some too low...I don't think it's too low for one thing, but whatever...solid experience/advice to offer, anyone? Thanks...

--------------------
[blue] To see a world in a grain of sand [/blue]
[green] And Heaven in a wildflower- [/green]
[red]To hold infinity in the palm of your hand [/red]
[purple] And eternity in an hour [/purple]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinegodflesh

Re: Mycelium on stems/caps *DELETED* [Re: MushroomMatt]
    #426810 - 10/15/01 09:59 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Post deleted by godflesh

Offlinepyromaniac
addict
Loc: Oregon
Re: Mycelium on stems/caps [Re: godflesh]
    #426819 - 10/15/01 10:04 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

yup, you beat me to that one.

--------------------
I admit it, Im a fungal-feliac :wink:
Support the FSR!

OfflineMushroomMatt
Loc: Troy, NY - USA
Re: Mycelium on stems/caps [Re: pyromaniac]
    #427103 - 10/16/01 06:11 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Well it's an ultrasonic setup, with FOUR bottles, the humidifier on its lowest setting and on a timer that's on for 15 minutes, off for an hour and 15 minutes...seems like that should be making it super low if you ask me, anyone seen anything like this? Thanks.

--------------------
[blue] To see a world in a grain of sand [/blue]
[green] And Heaven in a wildflower- [/green]
[red]To hold infinity in the palm of your hand [/red]
[purple] And eternity in an hour [/purple]

InvisibleFungusFarmer
old hand

Re: Mycelium on stems/caps [Re: pyromaniac]
    #427152 - 10/16/01 08:11 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

What strain??

Mycelium on the base of the stalk of maturing fruit is perfectly normal. Depending on the strain, white dots on the caps is perfectly normal too.

Only when you actually see white fuzzy balls growing on the cap, or if the entire cap is covered in very thin white fuzz do you have a humidity problem. Aborts usually get very fuzzy at the base and very fuzzy on the cap too, so I would just wait and see. If they're fruiting nicely you're probably doing just fine

Grover

--------------------
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- "What did you dream...it's all right we told you what to dream! Welcome, my son, to The Machine" Roger Waters, Pink Floyd

InvisibleInsomnia
addict
Re: Mycelium on stems/caps [Re: FungusFarmer]
    #427266 - 10/16/01 11:16 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Ultrasonics are great if you have a large setup, or want to have a strong, single humidity source for many, many smaller trays. An ultrasonic, even passed through several bottle stops, will still overhumidify a chamber. Mycelia busting out caps is a sign of too much humidity. Reduce the humidty from the source, or make space for large escapes of humid air.

Peace.

--------------------
"If you believe in things you do not understand, you will suffer." ? Stevie Wonder

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix