Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleveggieM

Calif. town limits marijuana growing in backyards
    #4139987 - 05/05/05 10:28 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Ukiah adopts ordinance limiting the marijuana growing in backyards.
May 5, 2005 kesq.com

(AP) UKIAH, Calif. The Ukiah City Council has unanimously adopted an emergency ordinance limiting the cultivation of marijuana in backyards.

During yesterday's meeting, the council passed a temporary ordinance restricting the cultivation to six plants that must be grown in an enclosed, locked structure, such as a shed or a home. Ukiah police have reported an increase in pot-related crime, drug dealing and complaints about the stench of ripening marijuana since voters passed Proposition 215, legalizing the use of marijuana for medical purposes.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Calif. town limits marijuana growing in backyards [Re: veggie]
    #4141110 - 05/06/05 06:43 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

> complaints about the stench of ripening marijuana

Stench?! The smell of car exhaust while sitting in rush hour traffic is a stench. The smell of the local dump is a stench. The smell of budding cannabis is fragrant, but certainly not a stench. Somebody is grasping for an excuse.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

InvisibleSuperD
Cacti junky
 User Gallery

Loc: The bridgesii bridge
Re: Calif. town limits marijuana growing in backyards [Re: Seuss]
    #4141245 - 05/06/05 07:55 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

haha, exactly. most people i've met that don't even use marijuana say the smell is lovely.

--------------------
:super:D
Manoa said:
I need to stop spending all my money on plants and take up a cheaper hobby, like heroin. :lol:

Looking for Rauhocereus riosaniensis seeds or live specimen(s), :pm: me if you have any for trade

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace Flag
    #4141494 - 05/06/05 09:24 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

The smell of good fresh pot is delectable.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Re: Calif. town limits marijuana growing in backyards [Re: baraka]
    #4422611 - 07/19/05 08:26 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I want that fucking lady with all her damn smelly stenchy roses to get limited and have her roses torn down too. Stench..geez..

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

InvisibleEonTan
bird
 User Gallery
Loc: very south
Re: Calif. town limits marijuana growing in backyards [Re: veggie]
    #4423282 - 07/19/05 11:33 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

What I find the funniest is that they still get to grow six plants in a greenhouse, LEGALLY in their location. And you guys are finding something to complain about.

Skunk does not smell good to everyone. It smells even worse if you think marijuana is wrong, and it is being grown out in the open, for all to see.

I wish I could grow six plants in a locked structure where I live. I would be happy to accomodate my neighbors.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Calif. town limits marijuana growing in backyards [Re: EonTan]
    #4427138 - 07/20/05 04:42 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

> What I find the funniest is that they still get to grow six plants in a greenhouse, LEGALLY in their location.

Should any federal law enforcement officer happen by their legal grow operation, they will quickly find out that their legal grow operation is most certainly illegal at the federal level.

> Skunk does not smell good to everyone.

There is a big difference in the smell of a flowering plant and the smoke produced when said plant is burned.

> I wish I could grow six plants in a locked structure where I live.

If people are complaining about the smell, a structure, by itself, is not going to help.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineKalix
'Head

#4428110 - 07/20/05 11:57 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

My mom doesn't smoke bud, but she loves the smell of fresh green pot!

--------------------

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: The Shotgun of Sweet Reason

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #4429066 - 07/20/05 03:43 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

the smell would totally escape the structure, it's pretty clear they are just trying to give medical patients a hard time.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

InvisibleEonTan
bird
 User Gallery
    #4430004 - 07/20/05 07:15 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Federal law enforcement doesn't happen by your grow,typically. Yes it is still illegal in the USA, but having the locals turn a blind eye is pretty damn good.

Thanks for the chemistry lesson mister wizard.  People smelled the pot, they complained, someone investigated, agreed it smelled, and they made an ordinance.  You can argue the virtues of odorless pot all day long, the ordinance was in response to a specific case of when POT DID SMELL DURING THe GROW.

Enclosed structures can have the air filtered. Hence out of sight, out of scent, out of mind.

I agreee the whole thing is silly, but complaining about it is even sillier to me. I WOULd LOVE TO BE ABLE TO GROW 6 plants inside, with no fear of local authorities busting me, and would be more then happy to make sure it did not offend the neighbors, becasue they CAN and WILL call the locals, THANK GOD, or worse the FEDS.

Are you really claiming that skunk bud( most of it) doesn't smell skunky during the grow. Got a source for SEEDs :tongue: JOKING of course. There CAN BE a big difference between what a plant smells like growing and what it smells like burning. There also can be almost NO difference.

InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
    #4430146 - 07/20/05 07:46 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I'm not a lawyer by any means, but doesn't state law supersede federal law?

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

InvisibleEonTan
bird
 User Gallery
Re: Calif. town limits marijuana growing in backyards [Re: Psychoslut]
    #4433014 - 07/21/05 11:03 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Not since the federal governmnet decided to protect black people from white people in the USA. The night they drove old dixie down, state rights fell.

What a State chooses to enforce, prosecute, is entirely up to the state. If the feds do not like it, they have to come and do the enforcing themselves. Elian Gonzalez is the most recent example. Miami-dade county refused to enforce the Federal LAW, The feds came and did the enforcing.

All this article is about is a ORDINANCE, by a county or city, that is implemented to counter REAL COMPLAINTS FROM RESIDENTS, against Other residents. They county just set rules to Where and How to grow your pot, that they still say is legal to grow, REGARDLESS of the federal laws against it. This is actually a good thing for Pot in California, not bad, even though it is a mild burden to those growing pot. It shows that that town still has the backbone to not IGNORE the people's will, and that it will even respect those that have a specific complaint about the Marijuana growing, without saying NO YOU CAN"T GROW AT ALL. They just said move it into a locked structure, and you can only grow this amount. They didn't say you couldn't grow.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Re: Calif. town limits marijuana growing in backyards [Re: EonTan]
    #4436187 - 07/21/05 11:41 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Damn man, you call making fun of the press complaining now?

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

InvisibleEonTan
bird
 User Gallery
Re: Calif. town limits marijuana growing in backyards [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4437853 - 07/22/05 11:51 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

They were making fun of people who had valid complaints against those growing marijuana legally in California. Since LEGAL Marijuana growing is new to California, It is only natural that ordinances will pop up to deal with the Specific problems that might raise in a world were you don't live in a vacum.

I wouldn't waste a single breath on the media.

Marijuana (Afghani) does stink during the grow cycle alot of the time. A neighbor might find that offensive, and might complain. It is the responsibility of the local boards to deal with the complaint. They could have just said stop growing PERIOD. They didn't, they just said do it out of sight.

Just being the devils advocate. Lately I have become far more AWARE of both sides of many issues. I don't automatically side with What I might think, without taking into account what others might be thinking too. :thumbup:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale