Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleLand_Crab
NeuroticPsychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: U.S.
CHONG ALERT: Tommy Chong being sued by producers of the Marijuana-Logues
    #4114239 - 04/30/05 11:53 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I just came across an article that really upset me.  Our beloved Tommy Chong, superstar pioneer of modern pot films, is being sued by the producers of the Marijuana-Logues, which is a play in which a small cast banters and entertains the audience about pot. (The name is taken from the Vagina-monologues.)  I haven't seen the play, but that's the gist of it.

Remember what happened last year?  That freak--Attorney General John Ashcroft, sentenced Chong to 9 months in prison for selling bongs over the internet. (Gee, what a coincidence that the person he happened to bust was Tommy Chong.)  Now Chong's out of jail, and on probation until July.

Here's where it gets sick: Chong is supposed to do another 36 shows with the Marijuana-Logues, but he told the producers that he didn't feel comfortable about returning to the show after everything that's happened recently.  I think we can all understand that.  But apparently that's not good enough for the producers, who are sueing him for breach of contract. (and they're the producers of the Marijuana-Logues for CHRISTSSAKE!!)

Here's a link to the article:  Chong

The best we can do is to write them, and tell them how we feel about this!  Here is their general e-mail address:  info@marijuanalogues.com

Here are the e-mail addresses of the cast members (don't know if they can help, but they're the only other addresses I could find):
- Arj Barker:
arj@marijuanalogues.com

- Doug Benson:
doug@marijuanalogues.com

- Tony Camin:
tony@marijuanalogues.com

Give them a piece of your mind, but don't necessarily expect a real response, because I have a feeling that they're going to be receiving a lot of e-mails today.  :evil:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: CHONG ALERT: Tommy Chong being sued by producers of the Marijuana-Logues [Re: Land_Crab]
    #4114246 - 04/30/05 11:58 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Does the government still have a gun to his head, or someone in his family, or freinds?

--------------------

Offlinetomk
King of OTD

Loc: PNW
Re: CHONG ALERT: Tommy Chong being sued by producers of the Marijuana-Logues [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #4114261 - 04/30/05 12:11 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I guess as terms of his parole he probably couldn't hang out with people who's urine does not pass our government tests. Probably something orwellian like that.

--------------------
"I am eternally free"

InvisibleLand_Crab
NeuroticPsychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: U.S.
Re: CHONG ALERT: Tommy Chong being sued by producers of the Marijuana-Logues [Re: Land_Crab]
    #4115419 - 04/30/05 06:42 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I just wanted to say that I received a couple of replies from these guys, (very surprising, unless they're canned).  And to be fair, they said that because of Chong's actions, the group is going to lose a large sum of amount of money and credibility.

But hey, shit happens. :samurai: 
I'm still with Chong on this one.

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
    #4115763 - 04/30/05 08:10 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

People were toking at the show, and until his parole ends this Summer, he can't be around people who smoke pot.

To finish his contract, Chong would have to violate his parole! Fucked up.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflineRomanticBeing
Stoner

Re: CHONG ALERT: Tommy Chong being sued by producers of the Marijuana-Logues [Re: Rose]
    #4116473 - 04/30/05 10:49 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Thats fucked!Im sick of all these people that make it there life duty to get people in trouble for drugs.You should be able to put any substance in your own body because it doesnt hurt them shit. Or everythings about money thats all everyone wants. I think there should be no money and you would just have to trade.

OfflineMushmonkey
shiftlesslayabout
 User Gallery

Re: CHONG ALERT: Tommy Chong being sued by producers of the Marijuana-Logues [Re: RomanticBeing]
    #4117949 - 05/01/05 09:27 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

yeah, so.. wait.

if the fulfillment of a contract requires one to break the law, there is no legal obligation to adhere to that contract, right? i thought i picked that up somewhere. ie, if someone hires me to kill someone, and there's a contract, i'm not legally liable if I fail to uphold my end of the contract.. since I would have to break the law.

from what i heard about the chong case, i dont believe he's supposed to be speaking good of marijuana while he's on this probation. since he, you know.. did. a lot. i'd imagine this lil play speaks positively about pot. if it would be breaking parole.. yeah. i don't see how they can sue over this. except possibly to drum up some headlines maybe, and try to get people to show up.

of course, you don't want to piss off potheads. little enough chance we'd get off the couch in the first place, but give a stoner a reason to KEEP sitting down? man.
they shoulda just got someone else, and printed a nice big flyer explaining the change. you know, drum up sympathy for tommy chong and via chong, for their play.

--------------------
i finally got around to making a sig
revel in its glory and quake in fear at its might
grar.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion