Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineShroomySam
Stranger
a post i made on another board trying to help somone, what yall think?
    #4095484 - 04/25/05 02:38 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Well, I was at a health related forum that I like to goto when im not at the shroomery. I post at the board specifically for acne, because during this last year ive had alittle bit of a problem with it. I saw somone posting about how they think weed is good for pimples, because it realives stress. Here is my reply.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Well, I was afraid to reply to this at first, but thread isnt locked, and just checked posting rules, I see nothing regarding illegal drugs so here goes-

I agree with most everyone in regard to the orignial post. Weed truely reaks havoc on your whole body. It floods you with toxins that get stored in your fat tissues. Its just NOT good for you. I havent been high in about a month now and feel good about it...
BUT
If you are up to it, and really went some insight into your acne, why it bothers you much, what maybe you can do about it, and and a new perspective on everything in generall, try some psilocybe mushrooms. Do it alone, in a very controlled calm enviorment with no chance of getting in trouble or anything like that. I remember when I did them first time, I looked into the mirror and saw big red pimples popping up on my face, and fading away, then coming back. My skin looked horrible, WAY worse than it really looks, and I realized that. I just laughed. I realized how my skin really isent all that bad. I sat on my bed, with a huge baffled smile on my face, thinking about how stupid it is that I stress about this stuff so much. I then procceded to dance to some nice music, stare into a lamp seeing flying birds, pet my cat which looked like a huge white blob with a face in the middle, and just thought about things.

It was truely an amazing night. Just be careful tho. Treat the muchrooms as a spritual medicinal sacrement, and with the respect they deserve, and they will treat you well also.
------------------------------------------------------------
What yall think? Just wanted to hear your opinions on it.
Thanks, Sam

Edited by ShroomySam (04/25/05 02:39 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAnnom
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Europe
Re: a post i made on another board trying to help somone, what yall think? [Re: ShroomySam]
    #4095672 - 04/25/05 03:24 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I like the mushroom part of your post!

The first sentences about weed: "it floods you with toxins that get stored in your fat tissues. Its just NOT good for you" are not so good IMO. Why would weed be a toxin and 'just not good for you', while your view on mushrooms is totally different?

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
Re: a post i made on another board trying to help somone, what yall think? [Re: ShroomySam]
    #4095695 - 04/25/05 03:28 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

You think he should take mushrooms, in order to figure out why his skin is bad?

I think that's kind of a ridiculous reason to take mushrooms.

OfflineShroomySam
Stranger
Re: a post i made on another board trying to help somone, what yall think? [Re: HeavyToilet]
    #4095740 - 04/25/05 03:39 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Annom- I say that about weed simply because I think thats true. At least for me it shoots my testosterone levels wayy down whenever I start smoking too much. Its harsh on respritory system. It messes up hormones. I belive that shrooms do not effect hormones. They also seem to get metabolized, and out of your body. They dont hang around in your tissues for so long. It makes me "low" and just in a worse mood in general after the high is over- again if im smoking more than a day once a week. I dont think shrooms effect memory. Weed just seems mind numbing and habit forming, and halts a personals development/progress in general. Shrooms cause self examination, really make you think and realize things, give you a new perspective. Smoking weed becomes compulsive, and somthing that some people have to do. After a shroom expierience, im quite happy to wait a long long time before doing it again, and just let my last trip soak in. AGAIN this is all just based on my persoanl expierince and opinions. Thats all.

HeavyToielt- No thats not what I mean, I think that if he did them it might make him realize how stupid it is to feel so awful about it and open his mind up to different things to treat it (raw/natural diet, herbal methods, ect). I think it could just be a healthy spiritual expierience. Thats all. And hell, he was smoking weed to cope with it, didnt seem to ridiculous to me.

Sam

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
    #4095809 - 04/25/05 03:50 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

If he has acne he should go to a dermatologist if he wants to do something about it.

Rather than taking mushrooms to make him stop feeling bad about the acne (which I'm highly skeptical of them doing), visiting a dermatologist would actually solve his problem. The dermatologist would be able to find a treatment for the acne, and it would go away.

OfflineAnnom
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Europe
    #4095900 - 04/25/05 04:07 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Yes, I agree with HeavyToilet.

I like your story about how your mushroom trip changed how you look at your skin. It is one of the magic things a mushroom experience can do, but it's not a general cure for acne. Mushroom trips have done so many positive things for me and that's why I understand why you advice others to do it. Tell him to go see a dermatologist and tell him about mushrooms in general if he is interested!

OfflineShroomySam
Stranger
Re: a post i made on another board trying to help somone, what yall think? [Re: Annom]
    #4096051 - 04/25/05 04:38 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

The thing is, most of these people, myself included, have tried derms, perscription topicals, anti biotics, expensive OTC products, ect. Its just none of that works. Only thing I have found that I can do to even just control it some extent is what I described earlier- herbal supplements, and a much healthier diet. Dermatologists can NOT just "cure" acne. thats just a fact. Products in general will never cure it. Thats somthing many have to accept.

I never said muchrooms would make him forgot his problems~ I suggest the far opposite, that they would help him look at the insecurity in its face, and confront it. Shrooms are anything BUT a feel-good forget your problem expeirience.

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
    #4096427 - 04/25/05 06:08 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Pot does not flood you with toxins.
Mind over matter buddy, what you think is how things are.
If you think the pot is flooding you with toxins, then you will feel shitty when you smoke pot. Try not thinking of pot as a toxic drug, and see how that affects you.

In the past, pot was often prescribed in ointments and tintacures. It is very medicinal and helps in healing in many ways. Try reading Jack Herer's The Emperor's New Clothes.

It seems you have attached a negative stigma to weed in your life, maybe seeing other people abuse it? problem with it in the past? Reguardless, let that stigma be for you, don't try to spread that shit onto other people.

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

Offlinegma
contentlyenlightened
Re: a post i made on another board trying to help somone, what yall think? [Re: mecreateme]
    #4096476 - 04/25/05 06:20 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

yeah some kid at school today in health, after hearing some bs desrciption we laugh at silently about the "DANGERS OF WEED", said he wished anyone caught with weed was put away forever. He thought it was that bad.. his loss.. his dumb mind.. and his broken nose if he says that shit off school. what a bitchass.

Offlineckyrock
Dreamer
Re: a post i made on another board trying to help somone, what yall think? [Re: gma]
    #4096653 - 04/25/05 07:12 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

for acne... tetracycline (what i take), minocycline, or acutane (has bad side effects, including depression), differin (i also use)

OfflineCaptainJailew
Apathetic and Idon't care

Loc: Central Texas
    #4097144 - 04/25/05 08:52 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

ShroomySam said:
Dermatologists can NOT just "cure" acne. thats just a fact. Products in general will never cure it. Thats somthing many have to accept.

Yea I am pretty sure you are wrong here, I know many, many, MANY more people who HAVE been "cured" by dermatologists than those who have not. A healthier diet you say? This can also be recommended by a dermatologist, who is far more qualified than any of your friends or your friends' parents to give advice about someones skin.

I don't think it was wise to tell this person to take mushrooms to feel better about their skin, especially telling them to take them alone (if they haven't taken them before this can be a terrifying experience) and then telling them to deal with a subject which may have a great deal of emotional trauma associated with it (low self esteem, people making fun of them etc.)

Edit - Only wondering, but how old are you?

--------------------
Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Albert Einstein

Edited by CaptainJailew (04/25/05 08:53 PM)

OfflineShroomySam
Stranger
Re: a post i made on another board trying to help somone, what yall think? [Re: CaptainJailew]
    #4099314 - 04/26/05 02:23 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Ok, ill admit the hash plant has many medicianl/nutritional uses about it. But smoking it? I dont think anyone has ever written about that being good for you. All its done for me after the high is make me less horny, make my mood bad, and make me weak when I try to lift weights.

And I NEVER said to take shrooms to feel good about anything! Im saying a dose could help him realize why he feels the way he does (maybe its deeper than just the bad skin?), and maybe give him some insight on how to look at his problems in a more wiser, mature way.

And the people you say have been cured by a dermatolgoist, great for them. They arent the ones posting at a health website are they? Exatly

im 15

Edited by ShroomySam (04/26/05 02:52 PM)

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
    #4100120 - 04/26/05 06:32 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Pot makes me horny.
It also helps motivate me to exercise.

I don't know how you view smoking pot, but it seems to be negatively if you experience all that. It's all in your mind, buddy.

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

Offlineckyrock
Dreamer
Re: a post i made on another board trying to help somone, what yall think? [Re: mecreateme]
    #4100132 - 04/26/05 06:36 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Sorry Shroomysam, but you must be 18 to post on this forum. Please come back in a few years.

Offlinecrunchytoast
oppositional

Loc: aporia
Re: a post i made on another board trying to help somone, what yall think? [Re: ckyrock]
    #4100266 - 04/26/05 07:29 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

who spilled haterade all over this thread?

different people react to different drugs differently, so just cause tripping helped you come to grips with a self-image issue you had, tripping may or may not help someone else with the same problem. it might make it worse, for example if there's a bad trip and the person doesnt integrate it well.

not every substance is right for every person. true for mushrooms, true for pot. hey maybe pot's just not right for you.

that said, its pretty awesome that mushrooms helped you with your shit, 15 or not. personally ive never had that type of effect from psychedelics. ive gotten good insights i can apply to my life but its cool to hear how tripping can help a person accept themself. who knows maybe the person you suggested it to will gradually become interested in psychedelics, research it on the net, learn about the positive benefits beyond the recreational aspect, have good set and setting, and dose and have an amazing experience.

--------------------
"consensus on the nature of equilibrium is usually established by periodic conflict." -henry kissinger

Offlinegma
contentlyenlightened
Re: a post i made on another board trying to help somone, what yall think? [Re: crunchytoast]
    #4100687 - 04/26/05 09:25 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

lol no wonder the kids 15... too bad.. weak undeveloped mind.

InvisibleStonerguy
I smoke penis
Male

Loc: Lost
    #4100702 - 04/26/05 09:30 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

mecreateme said:
Pot makes me horny.
It also helps motivate me to exercise.

I don't know how you view smoking pot, but it seems to be negatively if you experience all that. It's all in your mind, buddy.

Pretty much exactly what I was about to say.  Man haveing a orgy when high is unexplanable it makes me get all tingally inside when I'm just talking about it  :cool: :smile: :wink:.  Ohh and I life weights 3 times a week and pot just makes me "push past the pain" littarally I can't feel the "burn" as bad.

--------------------
yawn...
SG

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies