Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
JC?s double-tub-friendly incubator/heater (TiT alternative)
    #4081129 - 04/21/05 12:26 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Hey all.

I came up with this idea because I needed a means of incubating Double-Tub Fruiting Chambers for the period of time between spawning and fruiting. This may seem excessive or unusual, but it's what works best for me, so I'm sharing it.

I had a fish tank heater I planned to use for a TiT, but a TiT only works with jars and small casings. I needed a better solution... I wanted something that I could use for both jars AND my Double-Tubs during the spawn run. So I came up with this.

As an added bonus, it also works as a fruiting chamber heater for the time of year and/or climates requiring a little extra warmth during fruiting.

Materials Used:

- Fish tank heater with external temperature probe
- Under-Bed storage container (Wal*mart)
- Water w/a little h202 or bleach
- (Optional) Some kind of water-proof sealant
- a blanket or two

(Note: I didn't bother sealing it, personally... but be forewarned: If you don't seal it, fill the container in the spot you intend to use it. I mean, like, the EXACT spot. I tried to move mine around after filling it and dumped a good gallon of water on the floor.. at least a gallon...)

There isn't much construction involved... you'll need to cut a small hole near the top for the heater cord... and the blankets are draped over the top of whatever you're incubating to seal the heat in. (Works a lot better than you might imagine...)

Here come the diagrams:

Feel free to drop any questions or comments...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder