Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

North Spore Shop: Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Need a New Book
    #4079571 -

Well i am in need a a new book to read. Any suggestions? I just got done reading Between Angles And Demons by Dan Brown and i loved it. I also loved the Davinci Code also by Dan Brown. I like how both books were very fast paced and had to do with secret societies. Anyone know any books they think i would like that are similar to those 2?


--------------------
"To get what you've never had, You must do what you've never done."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need a New Book [Re: LethalX5]
    #4079637 -

I don't read books anymore, but I recommend Conversations With God by Neale Donald Walsch.





--------------------
--------------------------------


Mp3 of the month: Wild Things- Another Colored Ink Drawing (A.C.I.D.)


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need a New Book [Re: Learyfan]
    #4079679 -

you what?

dont read books any more? Is this because you dont have the time, or is this like some one saying they dont watch tv any more?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need a New Book [Re: moosehead]
    #4079693 -

yea learyfan i'm curious about that too... why would anyone stop reading books? I understand people just not liking them in the first place... but quitting reading? lol...

anyways, Tom Wolfe - A Man In Full.


--------------------
_______________________________________________________________
namaste said:
no flamz in da ODD, if you got nothing to contribute then keep yo lips zipped
_________________________________________________________________

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need a New Book [Re: Noviseer]
    #4079696 -

David Icke - Tales From The Time Loop
Bret Easton Ellis - American Psycho

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need a New Book [Re: LethalX5]
    #4079699 -

If you want something VERY similar, check out Dan Browns other book, 'Digital Fortress'.

It's the same formula as the other two, basically.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need a New Book [Re: Learyfan]
    #4079816 -

Learyfan said:
I don't read books anymore, but I recommend Conversations With God by Neale Donald Walsch.







How is that book? Well, obviously you recommended it so you must have thought it was good...but what did you get out of it, if you don't mind me saying? I've been hearing and hearing about that book lately over and over again, so I think someone or something is trying to guide me in the direction of buying it.

Oh, and my favorite author is George R.R. Martin. Read his 'Game of Thrones.'

It's in the 'fantasy genre' but it's one of the most genius books I've ever read. Martin really knows how to push the envelop. I truly admire him.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need a New Book [Re: MOTH]
    #4079970 -

conversations with god was one of teh books that changed my life immidiatly upon opening it up.

take it with a grain of salt, but also, trust your instincts with a book like this.  wisdom isnt often so blatent...

*loves the book, and teh second one also*



my recomendation is  "Stranger in a strange land" by robert a heinlien..... my all tiem favorite piece of fiction..

beautiful book

:heart:


--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.


~Casil



:cactus:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need a New Book [Re: Todcasil]
    #4080149 -

I just picked up "Nothing In This Book Is True But It's Exactly How Things Are" by Bob Frissell. Looks very interesting butI know what the people mean who say they don't read anymore...work, recording, gaming, message boards, house maintenance have all put a dent in my reading time.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need a New Book [Re: LethalX5]
    #4080313 -

I am reading Haruki Murakami's "Underground" right now, but I'd highly suggest his fictional work "Norwegian Wood."


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need a New Book [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4080319 -

Any book by George Orwell if you havnt read em yet. i LOVED animal farm


--------------------
Grumpy Old Man.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need a New Book [Re: Yarry]
    #4080420 -

orwell rules for sure
1984 is also nice one!


--------------------
lucidal expansion

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need a New Book [Re: butterflydawn]
    #4080426 -

Orwell's best writing shows up in his short story collections IMO.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need a New Book [Re: MOTH]
    #4080641 -

EllemyshShade said:
Learyfan said:
I don't read books anymore, but I recommend Conversations With God by Neale Donald Walsch.







How is that book? Well, obviously you recommended it so you must have thought it was good...but what did you get out of it, if you don't mind me saying? I've been hearing and hearing about that book lately over and over again, so I think someone or something is trying to guide me in the direction of buying it.




Along with great friends, family and psychedelic drugs, Conversations With God changed my life! I think it's one of the most important spiritual books ever written. I don't believe that what is written in the books is the complete truth, but the purpose of this series is to lead you to your own truths, which is what happened with me. I read the first 5 books of the series 5 times each. Each time you read it, you pick up something new. I also used to listen to the audio tapes while tripping on LSD. I HIGHLY recommend this series.

As to why I don't read anymore, I don't really have a good answer. I'm just bored with reading. I don't have anything against it, and I'll probably start reading again one day, but for now I'm done with reading. All audio for me now.




--------------------
--------------------------------


Mp3 of the month: Wild Things- Another Colored Ink Drawing (A.C.I.D.)


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need a New Book [Re: Learyfan]
    #4080782 -

Illuminatus! trilogy by Robert Shea.
Neil Gaiman anything.


--------------------
when you're watching television the higher brain regions (like the midbrain and the neo-cortex) are shut down, and most activity shifts to the lower brain regions (like the limbic system). The right hemisphere is twice as active as the left, a neurological anomaly. The crossover from left to right releases a surge of the body?s natural opiates: endorphins, which include beta-endorphins and enkephalins. Endorphins are structurally identical to opium and its derivatives (morphine, codeine, heroin, etc.).After just 30 seconds of watching television the brain begins to produce alpha waves, which indicates torpid (almost comatose) rates of activity.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need a New Book [Re: MOTH]
    #4080817 -

EllemyshShade said:
How is that book?  Well, obviously you recommended it so you must have thought it was good...but what did you get out of it, if you don't mind me saying?  I've been hearing and hearing about that book lately over and over again, so I think someone or something is trying to guide me in the direction of buying it. 



heh... that book actually finds it's way into your hand when it's time... so follow whatever you think is guiding you to it, it's worth it and you should check it out, it definitely changed my life for good... i should give it another go haven't read it in quite some time...

as for now i'm reading douglas adams - the restaurant at the end of the universe and i'm loving it...

if you are looking to be entertained, check out terry pratchett...  :thumbup: utterly comic fantasy novels...


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need a New Book [Re: In(di)go]
    #4080927 -

Read Stephen King's Dark Tower cycle- 7 books starting with The Gunslinger. Extremely far out.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need a New Book [Re: Supernova]
    #4080950 -

the dark tower series is my favorite fiction of all time.  The drawing of the three is definitely my favorite book.  I remeber reading it on this family reunion and finishing it in a day.  I couldn't put it down at all.  Sadly, I'm on wolves of the calla and this one is rather slow :undecided:

http://toolshed.down.net/community/readinglist.html

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need a New Book [Re: fearfect]
    #4080967 -

You know, my husband says the same thing. He says that he really enjoyed the Dark Tower books at first but when they started to slow down in pace, he started to lose interest. He's been hacking his way through the last book for months now.

Not to knock it though. I just got done with the "Wastelands" and I can honestly say that reading the Dark Tower has been FANTASTIC. It takes a lot for a book to maintain my interest and this series has definately done that.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

North Spore Shop: Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* I need a good book!
( 1 2 all )
felix 6,007 38 04/16/04 08:47 PM
by OldSpice
* Reccomend me some books barfightlard 1,025 10 04/27/05 01:50 PM
by BanJankri
* Can someone recommend a good book on Buddhism?
( 1 2 all )
MOTH 5,000 27 06/27/04 12:08 PM
by Learyfan
* Wich McKenna audio would you recommend...
( 1 2 all )
Colonel Kurtz Ph.D 4,560 29 12/18/04 02:35 AM
by Colonel Kurtz Ph.D
* Has anyone here ever stolen Abbie Hoffman's "Steal This Book" ivi 2,674 15 01/10/05 01:14 AM
by empnero
* Learyfan - The exclusive interview
( 1 2 all )
World Spirit 6,929 24 08/02/15 05:08 AM
by vinsue
* solmon - The exclusive interview by Learyfan
( 1 2 all )
LearyfanS 4,808 20 03/19/05 02:22 PM
by delta9
* Learyfan interview with Gin_Drunk LearyfanS 3,228 17 03/24/05 05:46 PM
by Burke Dennings

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,027 topic views. 2 members, 32 guests and 135 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.03 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 16 queries.