Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
File Sharing
    #4066332 -

I used to be up on all the best file sharing programs. But, nowadays, I don't even know whats what or where to start looking.

So, if I want a good place to find obscure music and niche market porn, AND I run my computer through a cable modem hooked up to a more then one computer splitter thing that has a wall of fire around it, what file sharing program would work good for me, or where could I start looking. Google doesn't do me any good because I can't tell the bullshit from the good stuff.


--------------------
"I am eternally free"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: File Sharing [Re: tomk]
    #4066340 -

i like to use dc++ but the riaa has been coming down on people lately so i try not to use it anymore. you can also try http://www.packetnews.com. you can search irc and whatnot and generally the stuff is on there before anywhere else.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: File Sharing [Re: relativexistance]
    #4066348 -

Use Bittorrent. www.bitconjuror.net

You'll have to forward certain ports through the firewall, and i'ts best if they're not the default ones.

There are also some good frontends, most notably Azureus.


--------------------
It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: File Sharing [Re: relativexistance]
    #4066349 -

bittorrent stuff, is actually the best I think.....just google the word Bittorrent.


--------------------
outputrotation said:
x-com and unsolved mysteries are the only things that have ever made me truly scared

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: File Sharing [Re: TheDudeAbides]
    #4066352 -

BloodNoil beat me, my bad.


--------------------
outputrotation said:
x-com and unsolved mysteries are the only things that have ever made me truly scared

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: File Sharing [Re: TheDudeAbides]
    #4066353 -

OR, PM me for something revolutionary.


--------------------
It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: File Sharing [Re: relativexistance]
    #4066368 -

for obscure music, Soulseek - www.slsknet.org

for pr0n, BitTorrent (really simple and effective file sharing method) (program I use is Azureus - http://azureus.sourceforge.net .. some people like to use ABC or BitComet) good site(s) with torrents (help me out here people) http://www.empornium.us (they may still be having active signups, but they're at 200,000 users now so :shrug: )

other people can give you good torrent sites along with other (mostly) non-pron sites like mininova.org and torrentspy.com etc.

I mostly use(d) IRC for files, especially films, along with Soulseek for music (except metal which is better represented on Undernet on IRC).

I used to use DC++ but found too many lame rules (mostly in regards to content shared and also number of hubs allowed) even when I shared quantity and quality on a T1. anywho. DC may be around for a while (probably not) but isn't my thing even if it isn't being targeted much by MPAA/RIAA.

it's also nice to have FTP connections. I don't care about the scene and 0-day dumps with every shitty new release. FTP trading will always live.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: File Sharing [Re: ricochet]
    #4066378 -

I figured someone would beat me to BT stuff but w/e I'm stoned and slow. lol..but yeah those guys are right. BT is currently owning the rest of file sharing protocols for availability of files and ease of use coupled with fast xfer rates (when being seeded heavily or by fast seeders).


fakeedit: sorry for the double post.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: File Sharing [Re: ricochet]
    #4066384 -

Soulseek is definitely the best program for music and obscure music. I listen to electronic music and a lot of it is very obscure, but i find most of what i'm looking for on there. www.slsknet.org as ricochet posted.


--------------------
"Everything is not as it seems." Eye

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: File Sharing [Re: tomk]
    #4066670 -

soulseek for music
emule for everything
bittorrent for movies

thats all you need really.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: File Sharing [Re: Vvellum]
    #4066780 -

soulseek seem to be less than it once was? maybe its just me.. It's a big network, but you have to get lucky to find a lot of stuff. Then again..it's the only program i use and i love it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: File Sharing [Re: rdnp2035]
    #4066800 -

rdnp2035 said:
soulseek seem to be less than it once was?  maybe its just me..  It's a big network, but you have to get lucky to find a lot of stuff.  Then again..it's the only program i use and i love it.



I'll agree that the search feature has had its troubles, but the network is mostly fine if not better. :confused:

tip: I never went into chat rooms because they're all pretty lame, especially the larger ones...however, if you're looking for something specific that might fall under a specific genre then join the room and do a room search by right clicking. your results will increase 15x or more.

the admins are helping to upgrade the current general search feature. for now, I just go to rooms when I need something and can't find with general search.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: File Sharing [Re: tomk]
    #4066861 -



--------------------
Every Animal Is Someone 🌱 watchdominion.org

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: File Sharing [Re: ricochet]
    #4066974 -

I think the search problems have been worked out (or gotten better) in the recent builds. download the latest: http://www.slsknet.org/download.html

and you are right about room searches. also, having a good userlist is essential - userlist searches are great. I never use general search - rarely have a need for it. The wishlist feature is always good for hard-to-find stuff.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: File Sharing [Re: Vvellum]
    #4068131 -

http://newshosting.com/ newsgroups - unlimited for $15 a month, premimum stuff
a few websites have .nzb files that will list all the files for you...

usenet is the fastest (the selection is large, but you have to take what comes, or wait for what your looking for, or request something by posting something).... it's a good system, i've downloaded 1087.836 GB in the past 2-3 months... :lol:

i've also been using exeem a little bit, it's the bit torrent like program by the people at suprnova.org - the only problem i have with it, is that some of the ad's in it make noise (they could have fixed it since tuesday).... but it's fairly decent...


--------------------
On a mission to prove that the truth gets you no where.
They tried the truth, It didn't work. Then they wrote the bible. 

Only the foolish fear the inevitable.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: File Sharing [Re: Phychotron]
    #4068377 -

yeah..the chatrooms are a good call. i havent used them much, but people have nice suggestions and genera specified selections.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: File Sharing [Re: rdnp2035]
    #4068751 -

Too hard for me to work. I'm an idiot : /


--------------------
outputrotation said:
x-com and unsolved mysteries are the only things that have ever made me truly scared

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: File Sharing [Re: TheDudeAbides]
    #4068858 -

If anyone is trying Soulseek after reading this, you should know we have a Shroomery room on there. Come on in!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* FUCK FILE SHARING!!!!!!!
( 1 2 all )
DoctorJ 4,200 21 11/22/03 11:21 PM
by Sombie
* File Share Software Makers Liable Noetical 323 0 06/27/05 12:38 PM
by Noetical
* Join us on Soulseek
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
Kenny7822 12,741 112 04/03/06 09:18 PM
by Dankman
* Anyone on SoulSeek wanna trade or something?
( 1 2 3 all )
Adamist 5,899 51 12/20/04 04:51 PM
by lukeboots
* Soulseek harpd 1,590 8 06/13/05 11:22 AM
by Vvellum
* Soulseek help Dankman 1,717 16 03/27/04 12:07 PM
by Amanita_Muscaria
* Share, I need new music. Fliquid 496 3 02/15/05 04:24 PM
by Fliquid
* music downloading programs YouEnjoyMyself 1,182 14 05/10/04 11:37 PM
by DannyT

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,207 topic views. 2 members, 6 guests and 57 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 14 queries.