Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Myyco.com Shop: Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Annoying phrases
    #4064021 -

What phrases and popular slang nowadays annoy you?

For me, whenever I read someone saying LOL it brings down my expectation of their intelligence level about 75%. Maybe it's just because I've really only seen stupid kids say it, but  :thumbdown:. Haha or Heh sounds so much more human and more intelligent in writing, and sounds more elegant when reading it in your head.

And when people say u instead of you. In fact, the whole AOL slang is a bit annoying.

1337 exluded, of course, as that is only for 1337 h4x0rz.


--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Annoying phrases [Re: Ravus]
    #4064028 -

"would of"/"could of" pisses me off to no end

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Annoying phrases [Re: Ravus]
    #4064029 -

lol...u need to lighten up...jk  :yesnod:


--------------------
Shroomery Composition Contest

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Annoying phrases [Re: DNKYD]
    #4064043 -

I don't even notice that in a casual conversation usually for some reason. I do always notice when people confuse they're/ their/ there, and to/ too/ two though, and that tends to piss me off to no end. It seems so unbelievably obvious of how to use three simple foundations of grammar, but in common culture people just choose them arbitrarily and make their writing more of a pain in the ass to read.

Writing seems to be like a car running along a road, and annoying ways of writing are just adding more friction to the already energy-intensive task of making this multiple-ton hunk of metal roll.


--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Annoying phrases [Re: Ravus]
    #4064050 -

You go Ravus! Talk to my hand!

LOL

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Annoying phrases [Re: Toddo]
    #4064054 -

I would of if I could of, eh?

Theirs no way for me too lighten up thought, takes 2 much time, lol!1


--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Annoying phrases [Re: Ravus]
    #4064062 -

git er done.


--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Annoying phrases [Re: TODAY]
    #4064087 -

i hate it when people say "that's gay" for everything!!! yuck


--------------------
:smile: I live for LNC :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Annoying phrases [Re: TODAY]
    #4064118 -

TODAY said:
git er done.



Holy shit!! I was just about to say that! I really hate that saying and everything it stands for. Rednecks.... :thumbdown:


--------------------



:murray:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Annoying phrases [Re: Ravus]
    #4064183 -

I don't like when people use a lot as one word. alot

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Annoying phrases [Re: Ravus]
    #4064206 -

I too hate the phrase "git er done" We actually have a house rule that if any of the roomates hear you say it you get 86'd for a week. I also hate it when people say stuff like dizay or bizeer...


--------------------
whoever told you that is your enemy.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Annoying phrases [Re: i_rage_against]
    #4064214 -

I've never actually heard anyone say Git er done. Sounds like something they'd say in the South.

What's 86'd though? Sounds a bit like 69'd?


--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Annoying phrases [Re: Ravus]
    #4064221 -

uh... we don't let them come and party with us for a week. We gotta keep a handle on the excess redneck problem in these parts.  :wink:


--------------------
whoever told you that is your enemy.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Annoying phrases [Re: blissedout]
    #4064912 -

blissedout said:
TODAY said:
git er done.



Holy shit!! I was just about to say that! I really hate that saying and everything it stands for. Rednecks.... :thumbdown:



just yesterday i saw a guy in a truck who had that plastered on his front windshield, top where the tint is, where some people put the name of the their racing click and what not.

Christ, redneck madness roun' her'

-ps.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Annoying phrases [Re: PrisonSong]
    #4064919 -

Hey, PS, nice to see you, man! I would chat longer, but I have to go! I'll be back on Wednesday with a full report on my trip! Peace :heart: :sun:


--------------------



:murray:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Annoying phrases [Re: Ravus]
    #4064936 -

'shine on'

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Annoying phrases [Re: blissedout]
    #4064939 -

blissedout said:
Hey, PS, nice to see you, man! I would chat longer, but I have to go! I'll be back on Wednesday with a full report on my trip! Peace :heart: :sun:



be on the lookout for the beast during your "trip" i may just show up unexpected. heh. IM IN YOUR MIND MAN!.,,,,...M,SD,'LFW4RSADCXZZXDSAa@w325

:shocked: have fun brother. see you when you get back.

-ps.

Edited by PrisonSong (04/17/05 07:43 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Annoying phrases [Re: Ravus]
    #4064971 -

Ravus said:
What phrases and popular slang nowadays annoy you?





Democratic election process

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Myyco.com Shop: Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Happy Birthday Blissedout
( 1 2 3 all )
OneMoreRobot3021 4,339 50 02/28/06 07:44 AM
by nakors_junk_bag
* Send vibes, thoughts, prayers 4 blissedout
( 1 2 3 4 all )
danksistah 5,734 64 11/21/09 07:59 PM
by mockingbird
* Redneck Rant
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
TheHappieHippies 5,918 88 06/03/08 05:11 PM
by Geomancer
* History of the Word Redneck tyrannicalrex 250 0 01/18/09 04:18 PM
by tyrannicalrex
* ghetto or redneck?
( 1 2 all )
trent 2,854 23 12/29/07 10:53 PM
by Dreamer987
* Of line-dancing rednecks and rioting punkers...a San Bernardino story
( 1 2 all )
ToTheSummit 4,097 21 03/08/06 04:01 AM
by wrestler_az
* Redneck sex
( 1 2 all )
hpi 2,335 22 01/07/09 01:11 AM
by metalmorph
* rednecks Retired 1,181 14 04/10/05 10:55 PM
by starptv23

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,025 topic views. 8 members, 34 guests and 211 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 14 queries.