Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineGrovesk8ter
honestyopenmindednesswillingness
 User Gallery

Loc: Langley, B.C
Changes
    #4054021 - 04/14/05 09:42 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Im starting a two month plan on which i plan to quit smoking pot completely(everyday stoner) and start getting really healthy.
I've noticed a few things that are having a negative effect on my life and i'd like to change them.
1. I find sleeping very hard without being stoned or burned out
2. I am constantly craving pot, and its getting in the way of my schooling and thinking process.
3. I have HUGE dark circles under my eyes and they will not go away no matter how much sleep I get
4. My memory is suffering greatly.
5. I no longer have any drive to do my homework, go to class, or go to work.
6. I feel sick all the time and nothing makes me feel better than getting high, but it makes me lazy and i dont want to do anything except sit around.
7. Its causing problems with my girlfreind and I. I'm constantly getting high and its hurting her.
8. I dont even get high anymore, its no longer as enjoyable as it used to be and its becoming more of a habit than anything else.

In your opinions, what plan could i put into play to make myself feel 100% better while abstaining from smoking pot?

I plan to trip this weekend and not smoke any pot, hopefully this trip will be worthwile and i'll get some insight on to how my life is going right now. I figure i should trip alone to get the most out of the experience.

--------------------
"Much madness is divinest sense"
Dickinson, Emily

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
Re: Changes [Re: Grovesk8ter]
    #4055025 - 04/14/05 01:49 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

If your going through widthdraws that bad I think the only thing that will make you feel 100% better is time....But eating healthy and exercising should help out.

heres some posts that might help you :thumbup:

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...e=1&fpart=1

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/4030789/an/0/page/1

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

Offlinealsey
meet me in thedreamtimewater...

#4055030 - 04/14/05 01:50 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

yeah dude, go for it. i became totally dependant on weed last year, and i quit just over a month ago. i didn't quit completely, just a break, i'm going to start smoking again at weekends soon.

the first few days after you quit, you'll feel pretty shit. no way around that really, you just have to deal with it. but the feelings will pass as you return to normal. you'll feel fresher and clearer, and the important things in your life will regain priority.

--------------------
"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: Changes [Re: barfightlard]
    #4055282 - 04/14/05 03:17 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Good for you. :thumbup:
Dark circles huh. I think your blood isn't in very good shape. I would try a liver clense. Try eating less meat for awhile. Lots of greens and fruit, especially raw and organic if possible. Exercise outdoors if possible in fresh air. Walking uphills is great for getting energy back. Be patient, all of this will take awhile and may be quite uncomfortable for the first two or three weeks. Don't push it too hard at first. Soon your energy will return and you will have to find a place to put it. Sometimes believe it or not we don't like having so much energy because it awakens us to certain truths we may not be ready to embrace. Smoking too much pot will have the effect of shuting down energy  and now you see the rusults of that.

Good on ya and good luck. :heart:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

InvisibleBlu Spore
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
    #4056069 - 04/14/05 06:40 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Maybe getting into some sort of exercising program. Hit the gym but start slow.

Smoking pot everyday sucks. I did it for 5+ years and since quitting I feel much better in everyway. Now when I hang out with my stoner buddies I laugh on the inside because of the childish and slow way they act. I only eat cannibis. I dont eat very much of it and I dont do it very often.

good luck

OfflineGrovesk8ter
 User Gallery

Re: Changes [Re: Blu Spore]
    #4056291 - 04/14/05 07:56 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Its just the cravings and the sleep that really get me.
I need to keep myself occupied, and that doesnt mean watching a movie or reading a book beacuse i cant concentrate without drifting to my romance with pot. I need to start doing physical things, get myself sweating and just doing something constantly so i have no time to think or to drift to my cravings. I havent even done one day yet and its so hard for me.

--------------------
Dickinson, Emily

InvisibleBlu Spore

#4056477 - 04/14/05 09:04 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

For the sleep part (Ive said this alot) get some meletonin. It's a sleep hormone that you get at the health food store. Just use it for the first week or two untill you can sleep without the meletonin. I couldnt sleep either when I quit, stayed up from dusk till dawn a buch of times. If you really think you can handle it then maybe do some benzos or something to keep your mind occupied...but its best just to ride it out naturally :smirk:

as I said before, I smoked every single day (except 3 days in mexico before I scored) for 5 almost 6 years! you can do it. Now I hate smoking pot

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
    #4056495 - 04/14/05 09:08 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I recently found out a way that seems to help me sleep better.

If I do lots of pushups right before I get into bed, I fall asleep a lot faster.

Try doing as many as you possibly can, until your arms wont allow you to do anymore... then get into bed, and try to go to sleep.

InvisibleBlu Spore

Re: Changes [Re: HeavyToilet]
    #4056518 - 04/14/05 09:14 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Well, for most people if there heart rate gets going then it's harder to fall asleep. I wait at least an hour after exercise before I even entempt to sleep...but hey if it works for you :cool:

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

#4056688 - 04/14/05 09:57 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

It's really quite exhausting, and for me it causes a great deal of euphoria as I'm trying to fall asleep.

I'll probably fall asleep in half an hour as opposed to 2 hours.

Invisiblelooner2
ABBA fan

#4056767 - 04/14/05 10:14 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

After you quit you'll realize how much time you spent worshipping that plant. Find a new hobby or it will suck you back because of boredom.

--------------------
I am in love with Acidic_Sloth

OfflineGrovesk8ter
 User Gallery

Re: Changes [Re: looner2]
    #4058195 - 04/15/05 09:48 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Well, melatonin definatly helped last night as i slept soundly and woke up feeling great!
The obsession is the only part i'm worrying about now, i cant get it out of my head, no matter how hard i try. Everything seems to be affected by my constant thoughts of pot.
I need to find a hoby but considering i've never really done anything in my later life except smoking pot, i dont know how to start.

--------------------
Dickinson, Emily

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

#4058272 - 04/15/05 10:15 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

What would probably help is something that could occupy a huge amount of your time.

Do you play games?

An RPG might be the answer. :smirk:

OfflineBloodNOil
Captain Zeep
 User Gallery
    #4058662 - 04/15/05 11:49 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

HeavyToilet said:
What would probably help is something that could occupy a huge amount of your time.

thats right, an occupation... Do you have a job?

--------------------
It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!

InvisibleBlu Spore

#4058931 - 04/15/05 12:54 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

It is all mind over matter.  It will seem very hard at first but once you get over it you will be so much happier. I cannot say enough bad things about smoking pot. If you had asked me about it 4 months ago I would have told you it is a spiritual herb that everybody should toke daily :tongue:

edit: get a job if you dont already have one^^^ as they already said

OfflineSWEDEN
Miracle of Science

Loc: PNW
    #4059007 - 04/15/05 01:24 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

JimmytheWorm said:
I cannot say enough bad things about confused young individuals who decide to sit on their asses all day, instead of doing something constructive, smoking pot. :tongue:

You can smoke pot and then go do something worthwhile, like work, or meditate, or read a book; just because the plant makes you feel stoned doesn't mean you have to just sit there.  Geez.  I am tired of people using this plant as a scapegoat, I mean sure, it may make some people feel lazy, but ultimately it is You who is being lazy.  If you can't handle your shit, then I'll be glad for ytou to stop smoking.

--------------------

InvisibleBlu Spore

Re: Changes [Re: SWEDEN]
    #4061707 - 04/16/05 04:03 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

it is bad for your lungs and your short term memory will suffer but if you need to medicate yourself with weed that is fine with me  :thumbup:

InvisibleNemo_Hoes
Juan Sánchez Villa-Lobo Ramírez
 User Gallery

Loc: Ray Ray's Mystery Garage
    #4061854 - 04/16/05 07:45 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Sad to say homie, but it does look like it's best for you to quit, I suggest, just start buying shit weed. That'd make you wanna quit real soon. Maybe someday when you get shit worked out, you can smoke again. But like you were saying it is interfering with your life. So take a break, get a new persepectie on life, and find out what you need and what you don't. Get it together

--------------------
We will also report to the NAACP and to Al Sharpton's entourage, how the Shroomery administrators allows their mods and members to be balatantly allowed the use of the 'N' word.

Offlinebrowndustin
dustybuddy

Re: Changes [Re: Nemo_Hoes]
    #4063825 - 04/16/05 10:22 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Just skate more, man. :smirk:

Go to wal-mart and look for something called "lecithin". It's really good for your memory and it keeps your testosterone from fluctuating. It's really cheap and you'll notice a lot of improvement with your all around health.

I'd also suggest just tapering off the weed. I'll admit, it's hard to stop smoking the bud that's in BC. When I honestly admit that I need to cut down I keep a jar of super dank nuggies in a jar and only smoke really tiny amounts of it, savoring it as if they were the last precious nugs on earth. I don't know if you're planning on quitting forever-forever but slowly weening yourself off is good. Then once you're only smoking insanely small amounts, space a day or two in between when you smoke until you don't have any urge to.

Good luck.

--------------------
When the stress burns my brain it's like acid raindrops
maryjane is the only thing that makes the pain stop

OfflineGrovesk8ter
 User Gallery

Re: Changes [Re: browndustin]
    #4076183 - 04/20/05 08:30 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Thanks for all the advice guys, its been 3 days now and i've been sober, melatonin has been helping for sleep but during the day i've been getting some pretty bad anxiety related cravings.
On top of that i just found out my beloved gf tried E for the first time, i broke down and the cravings just hit me so hard.
ON TOP OF THAT i know which pill she took and its full of meth!
I'm devistated since i'm quite against neurotoxic chems

--------------------
Dickinson, Emily

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale