Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLostMeArm
Stranger
Heading for Goergia
    #403613 - 09/25/01 01:02 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Hello all, i live in virginia in the fredericksburg area and it is all to hard to locate shrooms of any psychoactive nature around here. So me and a few friends have struck up a plan to make our way south to northern Goergia, i hear the picking is good down there.. I have a few questions though..

1. Is this a decent time of year to get them in goergia?
2. What is the status of their legality?
3. It isnt supposed to rain down there this weekend (when im going), is that goin to cuase me to come back emtpy handed?

Thanks for your help, i greatly appreciate it, you see i have stayed away from all things not from the earth such as acid, yet i want to trip, so i either need to find some shrooms or result to manmade chemicals that i would rather leave out of my system..

-Ryan

--------------------
Im after what the eyes can't see!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Loc: GA
Re: Heading for Goergia [Re: LostMeArm]
    #403622 - 09/25/01 01:10 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

This is a good time of year to pick cubies, although you will need to drive atleast far south as Augusta to find them abundantly and consistently. The are illegal in Georgia and every other state, except maybe florida(doubtfully), but I wouldn't want to get caught with them down there either. I hope it does rain this weekend, cuz I'm headed out to waynesboro GA this weekend myself to pick a few cubies, all rain is good rain :)

LK,

--------------------

OfflineLostMeArm
Stranger
Re: Heading for Goergia [Re: Lizard King]
    #403689 - 09/25/01 02:09 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

is it possible that the dew would be enough to cause some to sprout, i mean there has to be some mushrooms even if it doesnt rain.. hopefully.. we should meet up and you could help us find out where were to look.. maybe not u probaly dont want novices taggin along with you.. oh well.. im banking on there being some shroomies regardless to the absence of rain . this is my only shot..

Ryan

--------------------

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #403722 - 09/25/01 02:51 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

It just rained a ton this past weekend, but its getting kinda cold lately; down to the 40s at night. BTW... Acid isn't really THAT bad for you. All the shit you hear about it going into your spine and giving you flashbacks when you pop your back- its all bullshit. Yes, people have flashbacks but it's not because it is still in your system... its really the same type of flash back you would get if you were in a war or if you saw someone killed, its just really emotionaly "moving" for some people. You may have heard that acid is in your system for years- also bullshit, almost all the metabolites of LSD are out of your body within 24-48 hours.

Peace out,
Gumby

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #403739 - 09/25/01 03:01 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

The season seems to be quickly switching gears into Fall.

Here in southern florida we finally got the summer rainstorms we needed.
-Noteably tropical storm Gabrielle, Manatee county was hit hardest with flooding and damage..

So, just like last year, with Hurricane Gordon, the woods inside the pastures were flooded, putting my Cubensis into a short but drastic remission. Finding fields with higher Elevation is now more crucial concern (because the shrooms just will not be growing from cow patties that were flooded).

In other words, the shrooms are now moving out into the open grassy fields.
-You will be less likely to find as many shrooms during fall and winter here, but the ones that you do find are premo.

'Nothing like collecting cubies on a cool January morning :)

But even right now, i was driving along a country road today and saw a nice field dotted with hundreds of little white and orange Copelandia

GG

OfflineLostMeArm
Stranger
    #404057 - 09/25/01 08:29 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

thanks for all ur replys.. i will go ahead with my trip to georgia, are there any native geoginians who would like to act as a tour guide and meet up some where so we can shrooming together?

--------------------

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Loc: GA
    #404065 - 09/25/01 08:37 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

I'd probably take you on a hunt, but I'm flying out this weekend on a duck hunting trip :) It was a birthday suprise for me and I didn't find out till today if I was going for sure, but check you pms for directions to a 100% sure producing field. Take care, be safe, and don't get caught in my field, or do anything stupid while your there, and please use scissors to harvest the mushrooms, do not yank them out, this is all I ask of you :)

LK,

--------------------

OfflineLostMeArm
Stranger
    #404556 - 09/26/01 06:29 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

cool deal dude, ill make sure im only gonna take along one sensible other person so u can be sure we will be responsible about the field... i havent got the privat message yet, u could just send to my email if u like

Lostmyarminnam@aol.com

thanks

Ryan

--------------------

OfflineSCAD_Shroomer
Loc: Savannah, Georgia, USA
    #404584 - 09/26/01 07:23 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

If you are headed towards Savannah, GA I'd be glad to take you shroom hunting. I only know of one cow field, but it has been blowing up lately.

LizrdKing - Anytime you feel like taking a cubie newbie hunting, I'll drive 2 hours in any direction to meet up with you.

--------------------
"Good times, all the time."

OfflineLevi7
old hand
Re: Heading for Goergia [Re: SCAD_Shroomer]
    #404617 - 09/26/01 08:21 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

You're too cool, LK, for giving up a location!
Man, this guy seems like he'll take care of your spot, though!
Good luck to all this weekend, cause I'm thinking Mushroom Season is just beginning to be a Heaven of sorts, this year!
Stay cool and happy hunts!-Levi7.

OfflineLostMeArm
Stranger
Re: Heading for Goergia [Re: SCAD_Shroomer]
    #404838 - 09/26/01 12:53 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

yeah i wouldnt mind meeting up but, i woudnt want to hinder on ur catch either, its up to u....

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order