Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineFluxburn
 User Gallery

Loc: Oakland, CA, USA Flag
anyone know if Calcium Hydroxide is safe to consume
    #4028802 - 04/07/05 09:46 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Calcium Hydroxide is basicly the same thing as hydrated lime. So why are some considered for food such as lime paste, and others are not considered for use such as lab grade Calcium Hydroxide?

--------------------
ABSTRACT ART (Mine) http://nathanbelomy.com

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleblacksabbathrulz
 User Gallery
Re: anyone know if Calcium Hydroxide is safe to consume [Re: Fluxburn]
    #4029186 - 04/07/05 11:38 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Fluxburn said:
Calcium Hydroxide is basicly the same thing as hydrated lime. So why are some considered for food such as lime paste, and others are not considered for use such as lab grade Calcium Hydroxide?

Lab grade will be concentrated, and it's a corrosive and a skin irritant. If it's in a food marked for consumption then you shouldn't worry about it.

--------------------

OfflineFluxburn
 User Gallery

Re: anyone know if Calcium Hydroxide is safe to consume [Re: blacksabbathrulz]
    #4029489 - 04/08/05 02:26 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

ohhh duh

--------------------
ABSTRACT ART (Mine) http://nathanbelomy.com

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#4029570 - 04/08/05 03:50 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Calcium hydroxide is very alkaline. It eats human tissues and would do so rapidly if it were very water soluble.

The lime for consumption is Calcium carbonate. If you dissolve Calcium hydroxide in water and bour bubbly mineral water in, it immediately turns white and white powder of Calcium carbonate falls to the bottom.

Always use food grade though. Most Calcium tablets and many antacids consist almost completely of it.

Ca(OH)2  <--- Calcium hydroxide (slaked lime)

If Ca(OH)2 is added to food its always in neutralized form. Beware that lab grade lime may hold traces of toxic heavy metals while food grade may not. Health food stores or pharmacies can order it for you, it's as non-suspicious as the impression you make when ordering it :grin:
CaCO3  <--- Calcium carbonate (chalk, limestone, carbonated lime)

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Edited by Asante (04/08/05 03:54 AM)

OfflineFluxburn
 User Gallery

Re: anyone know if Calcium Hydroxide is safe to consume [Re: Asante]
    #4029640 - 04/08/05 04:57 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

ok I guess you can just get limestone paste as well to accomplish the same thing.

so this link

http://froogle.google.com/froogle?hl=en&...=Search+Froogle

The first on the list is just pure Calcium Carbonate pills lol.

So I can just goto walgreens or etc and pic up Antacid chewable tablets since if your stomach is acidic, then alkaline substances, i.e. Calcium Carbonate ph 12 or so would neutralize the ph.

Lol at first I thougth alkaline meant acidic, but it is not. Alkaline=Basic i.e ph 8-14

acidic means ph 1-6 but I don't know other teminology for acidic.

Edited by Fluxburn (04/08/05 05:08 AM)

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#4030094 - 04/08/05 09:00 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

*scratches chin*

If you got stomach acid and related problems then that 9/10 times is related to too few vegetables in the diet. Veggies are alkaline, they are nature's own antacid. I subscribe to the nutritional belief that a human being should eat at least a kilo of greens per day.

Stomach acid advice: tomato juice. or slam a pound pack of spinach in the microwave. Usually if you add more greens the acidity goes away. Few doctors realise this and prescribe and diagnose all sorts of shit while it's often just a veggie shortage.

If you want to add alkalinity to your soil you can take a sack of slaked lime from the hardware store (not plaster of paris which is CaSO4) and stir it into a sludge with water. Leave that standing for a week or two and the Calcium carbonate will have formed from absorbing CO2 from the air. Put the tub in your home because while it changes the lime purifies the air greatly. You can rake the chunks and bits through the soil or compost.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

Invisiblezerozero
Stranger

#4031423 - 04/08/05 03:36 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

"kilo of greens per day"

2.2 pounds??? really, how?

is that a totally veggie diet, just curious.?

and tomato anything, is the wrong thing to suggest for stomach acid problems, i have suffered from it for years. even with a vegan diet, many times stress and environmental factors play as much a role as diet.

tomato is one of the most acid foods there is, and anyone with acid reflux knows not to eat it. sorry.

even the health benefits of tomato's don't outweigh the problems they cause, same with citrus foods , like OJ and grapefruit.

agreed doctors try to fix the problem by medication,
but they also are quite aware and quite quick to try to find environmental reasons for the reflux, diet is always an issue.
and doctors also understand that poor eating results in 90% of the cases of acid related difficulties.
they always try to get you to change your diet first.
but I'd say 90% of the time people just want some pills,
cause they've been eating and drinking one way for their whole life. why stop now?

peace 00

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: anyone know if Calcium Hydroxide is safe to consume [Re: zerozero]
    #4031516 - 04/08/05 04:00 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

"kilo of greens per day"

2.2 pounds??? really, how?

Its just a litre of volume that adds few calories. I am talking veggies, not fruits. Just add it to your natural food pattern! Your body will automatically eat less of the caloric foods to balance your caloric intake AND you'll get a hefty ounce or two of fiber which will make you regular and scrape the fecal plaque off of your intestines naturally without a fast or a high colonic enema.
If your body adjust to it you can even eat TWO kilos of greens if you're big. Many people barely eat greens while from the early hominids until a mere 6.000 years ago had greens and fruits as their main staple food. Greens alkalize, they add fiber and direly needed minerals and micronutrients, vitamins, bioflavenoids and tons more with barely a calorie to them. Greens fix the western diet. And yes: I'm a Paleo. I don't believe in vegan, sorry. You pull a salmon from the river, you smack a rabbit over the head with it, you uproot some weeds as you walk to your cave munching fruit and roots. That's the way our ancestors ate for hundreds of thousands of years. No tribe alive today eats atkins and none eat vegan. We're not tigers nor are we hamsters. We're omnivores and we've got the gut length to prove it.

In a nutshell:
500 calories of veggies
500 calories of fruit
500 calories of fish
500 calories of meat
a small handful of nuts & seeds
a small western food goodie
that roughly ought to be a male human's foodgroups.

Quote:

tomato is one of the most acid foods there is, and anyone with acid reflux knows not to eat it. sorry.

Stick a litmus paper in a tomato. It turns blue. Alkaline. And the organic acid salts it contain will have their acid turned into water and CO2, thus tomato is alkalizing.
What it DOES do in some is trigger acid production by a food intolerance you know of milk intolerace and likewise there's tomato intolerance which leads to excess stomach acid. But it is quite alkaline.

Quote:

agreed doctors try to fix the problem by medication,
but they also are quite aware and quite quick to try to find environmental reasons for the reflux, diet is always an issue.
and doctors also understand that poor eating results in 90% of the cases of acid related difficulties.
they always try to get you to change your diet first.

Good doctors, yes. Most doctors, no.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

Edited by Asante (04/08/05 04:13 PM)

Invisiblezerozero
Stranger

#4031574 - 04/08/05 04:14 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

sorry i miss typed,"
tomato is one of the most acid foods there is"

i mean ," tomato is one of the most acid reflux causing foods there is."

good lookin out i didn't mean acidic.

"But it is quite alkaline."

yes but an alkaline can damage things just as bad, no?

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: anyone know if Calcium Hydroxide is safe to consume [Re: zerozero]
    #4031652 - 04/08/05 04:30 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Hey no hard feelings OK?

When you take an antacid (basically this topic) you are taking a concentrated alkaline. And the mineral balance is fucked. Often that's calcium carbonate CaCO3 and too much constipates you. Or it can be Milk of Magnesia MgCO3.Mg(OH)2 which in excess will give you the runs. If you eat a mixture of both you lack the trace nutrients that ought to be in there.

If you eat greens (like spinach) then you're eating a dilute alkali with the minerals in a balance that has supported life (of the vegetable) and I subscribe to the thought we should eat things that have lived, and not have been energy stores.
Most people spend their days on foods based on flour and potatoes and 80% of westerners has multiple nutrient deficiencies even as described by the conservative RDA figures.

So if you eat say a leafy veggie (1lb of cooked spinach is barely two glasses full of yummies) then you are taking an antacid.

A thing that blew me away is the realisation that, like the other apes, humans and hominids spent most of the day hunting/gathering food and processing it in their tummies.

We're made to eat by the pound. A pound of spinach is hardly 250 kcal. but modern food does not allow that, as a pound of bread & cheese is more like 1.000 kcal, and that's just one meal! The obese dont eat too much, the food in the stores is fucked as is our food culture!
A candybar is convenient but only provides the calories of a pound of greens and no other goodies then that, you as an (ex?) Vegan would agree with me on that I think!

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

Edited by Asante (04/08/05 04:32 PM)

Invisiblezerozero
Stranger

#4031934 - 04/08/05 05:48 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

"Hey no hard feelings OK? "
oh no brother no hard feeling at all, i just love to discuss this stuff, it's a major part of my being.

"basically this topic" sorry i get off topic all the time, thinking about a million things at once, probably not the best for a discussion about one thing. sorry.

that being said I'll rap this up....
oooooo, i see what your saying about the bulk raw food........ makes perfect sense.
as an avid gardener, i can say it wouldn't be hard at all to do this, i find myself doing this in my garden all the time, i have a fresh asparagus addiction.

and yes i totally agree,
"Most people spend their days on foods based on flour and potatoes and 80% of westerners has multiple nutrient deficiencies even as described by the conservative RDA figures."

add refined sugar to that list and that pretty much sums it up.^^

and as a interesting note i heard just the other day that the average American eats some wheres in the 120 lb. a year of potatoes,
I'd say a majority of this is mac D's french fries, or potato chips.

peace 00

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order