Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinePsillyNilly
Stranger
I want to learn how to do a front flip---anybody experienced in this?
    #3997920 - 04/01/05 12:11 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Hey, I know it will be a while before I will even come close to being able to do a flip but I was wondering if anybody here knew of a good place I can learn how to do a front flip from a standing position.  Im in pretty good shape and pretty slender but Im certainly no gymnast....I know how to break dance and I want to start doing flips while Im dancin.  There is a fear I have of flipping on tramploines I will eventually have to get over.  This fear is that I will land on my neck and become paraylzed  :confused:... So can anybody here do a front flip?  Or am I over my head with this?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleBurke Dennings

Re: I want to learn how to do a front flip---anybody experienced in this? [Re: PsillyNilly]
    #3997926 - 04/01/05 12:13 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Before I read the last part, I was going to suggest learning on a trampoline, and then get good enough to do it on the ground.

Now I don't know what to tell you.

--------------------
This will not go undocumented.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: I want to learn how to do a front flip---anybody experienced in this? [Re: PsillyNilly]
    #3997951 - 04/01/05 12:21 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Your best bet is to start off learning how to fall into a roll.. so you don't break your neck.. then comes the mastering of the flip.. which I never had the balls to keep going. I always landed on my back. Basically you have to put everything into it.. a high jump, tuck your chin and curl your torso in while kicking your feet behind your head.. all in one motion.. It takes practice, and coordination, and balance, and you can't do it halfway.

Invisibledobinky
infoseeker
 User Gallery
Loc: Wiki, Kentucky
    #3998090 - 04/01/05 12:51 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

back flips are way easier as your legs carry more force because you can kick em

--------------------
Today?s Pig is Tomorrow?s Bacon

Offlinemxdrk
searching forsomething
 User Gallery
Loc: Louisiana, USA
Re: I want to learn how to do a front flip---anybody experienced in this? [Re: dobinky]
    #3998161 - 04/01/05 01:10 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I would suggest starting off on a trampoline. I had a fear of back flips, and eventually i learned on a trampoline and found out it wasn't so bad. My advice is to jump fairly high and the next jump fling your torso in a roll motion while jumping and tuck up. You will most likely land on your ass, but then just keep doing it till you can land it on feet, then move to a mat on the ground, and then just the ground.

OfflineThe_Hobbit
Bilbo Baggins
 User Gallery

Loc: The Shire
Re: I want to learn how to do a front flip---anybody experienced in this? [Re: mxdrk]
    #3998249 - 04/01/05 01:31 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Doing a front flip from a standing position is pretty hard. You have to work at it.

http://www.higher-faster-sports.com/articles.html

You'll probably have to train to be able to do one. Check out that link for some good training tips.

--------------------
Smoking my hobbit leaf...
Please keep in mind that I am just a human being. Please read my posts carefully and interpret their meaning for yourself.

Offlineinfamous
LeArnin ThARoPes
 User Gallery

Loc: dark side of the moon
Re: I want to learn how to do a front flip---anybody experienced in this? [Re: The_Hobbit]
    #3998314 - 04/01/05 01:52 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

i was a gymnast for 13 years I would highly not recommend learning any kind of a flip from a standing position with no prior experience especially on a hard flat surface, you will most likely get hurt. :peace:

--------------------
The land of the free on paper looks great!

here I stand head in hand turn my face to the wall

Invisibledjfrog
omgws!!!1!

#3998360 - 04/01/05 02:15 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I never did gymnastics but I used to go to a gym where they had open gym night to work on breaking. Anyhow they had like a waist-harness that you could flip in. It was over a trampoline, and somebody could pull a rope to catch you. By releasing the rope you could do the full move unaided, but the person watching you could ensure you didn't get hurt.

Thats probably the best direct method.

OfflineMitchnast
Trial by Madness
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: Mahjong

Loc: Okanagan Flag
Re: I want to learn how to do a front flip---anybody experienced in this? [Re: djfrog]
    #3998371 - 04/01/05 02:19 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

i do i tall the time, i practiced back n highschool. the best trick for learning is to use a long jump pit, just jump as high as you can, roll fwd and tuck, you spin faster.
youll lant n a crouch a few times, doesnt hurt if you mess up, eventually you just get it, but you gotta be light, have stamina, and a good set of legs.

handsprings might help you get the hang of it, try handspringing from a high spot to a lower spot to get the hang of dropping while rolling forward

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub