Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblemrshrums
fan-free terrarium
    #398913 - 09/20/01 05:53 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

I'm getting ready to build a new terrarium. My current is a sterlite 55Liter that I am using perlite and fanning. I want to avoid fanning and I needed a bigger grow chamber so I bought a 37Gallon sterlite container and I want to put some sort of air flow system in it, while still using perlite. I was thinking of getting some PVC tubing and drilling holes in it. Then suspending it from the lid so it hangs in the center of
the terrarium and hooking and air bubbler to it. I've seen some great setups in here. Just wondered what would be the easiest to avoid fanning and under $40-$50 for the air flow system. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAnimalChin

Loc: US of A
Re: fan-free terrarium [Re: mrshrums]
    #398990 - 09/20/01 09:04 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

If ur going to use casings try the hawk tank ( its posted on his web site) Right now I thought I would put together the one found on grow find sec. U just need a 10 -20 gal aquarium., a fish bubbler, coffee filters , a samll tupperware container, hosing, perlite,and a top cover w/ a flourecent light ( I like blue, they look awesome) This works well. U could also add a bubbler stone , in some water I guess, but u already have perlite.

" Who among us has not snuck into the break room for a Love Newton?"

--------------------
A Bird in the hand is Dead.

Anonymous

Re: fan-free terrarium [Re: AnimalChin]
    #399019 - 09/20/01 10:34 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

If you want to use an aquarium, I would suggest turning it into a MaxiPod by flipping it onto it's side and turn the lid into a swing door with a duct tape hinge.
This makes air exchange a lot easier, no more endless fanning in an attempt to get the Co2 up over the sides. Merely opening the swing door for a few seconds is all thats needed. Air exchange is, literlly, 'a breeze'.

Take a trip to the Spore Lab @:
http://www.SporeLab.com
email: getspores@sporelab.com

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract