Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy
    #3976973 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy [Re: Adom]
    #3976981 -

God damn, I think I'm actually going to like it. The trailer is pretty interesting.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy [Re: Adom]
    #3977016 -

gonna check that trailer now


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy *DELETED* [Re: In(di)go]
    #3977023 -

Post deleted by blinkidiot

Reason for deletion: Im sorry



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy [Re: blink]
    #3977031 -

They're making War of the Worlds too. Both look good.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy [Re: Trainwreck]
    #3977040 -

Also Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy [Re: Burke Dennings]
    #3977051 -

Yeah that one should be crazy since Tim Burton is doing it. That guys pretty twisted.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy [Re: Adom]
    #3977057 -

looks pretty good to me  :cool:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy [Re: In(di)go]
    #3977073 -

it's gonna be a good summer :laugh:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy [Re: blink]
    #3977102 -

blinkidiot said:
it's gonna be a good summer :laugh:



oh yes it is!  :thumbup:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy [Re: Adom]
    #3977361 -

i hope it can capture the hilarity of the book.. the restaurant at the end of the universe is a kickass book/sequel as well, anyone read that?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy [Re: idiotek]
    #3977374 -

featuring the mighty mos def!


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy [Re: Phoshaman]
    #3977749 -

I just might actually shell out 8.50 to go see this.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy [Re: Adom]
    #3977757 -

Looks interesting, but there's some major flaws even in the trailers.

1) One of Zaphod's most major characteristics is the fact that he has two heads. In the movie he appears to just be some long-haired one-headed hippy.
2) I don't think Ford was black, but as it didn't specify in the book I guess it doesn't matter.

I wonder if this will just be the actual book of the Hitchikers, or the first series? I notice Arthur making out with a girl in the trailer, and I don't think he made out with anyone until he met that girl he was fucking in the clouds a few books into the series. Definitely is going to be awesome if they can capture some of the Hitchhiker's essence, that's one of the best series I've ever read.


--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy [Re: Ravus]
    #3977778 -

watch the other trailer and you'll see his other head

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy [Re: Turd]
    #3977818 -

I watched all of them and looked out for his head, but for some reason I must've missed it. It was probably quite a technical difficulty to create two heads with different expressions synchronized to respond in situations, but if they pulled it off good it should look pretty cool.


--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy [Re: Adom]
    #3977833 -

It was a BBC miniseries sometime in the 80s. I have it on VHS. Near the end they combined parts of HHG and Restaurant at the End of the Universe and it got way weird and out of step with the book. That was a long movie/seris, too. I have to wonder how true they can be to the book..... Could piss off a lotta fans.

And I think Zaphod had a third arm, in addition to his second head.

Edited by Gr8fulJ420 (03/27/05 09:23 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy [Re: Ravus]
    #3977978 -

yah, you missed it :wink:


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy [Re: Gr8fulJ420]
    #3979438 -

Well we're lucky I think with this one, because Doug himself was working on this screenplay right up until his death. The writer who took over for him seems to know what he's doing, so I think we are going to have a good adaptation this time around :yesnod:


HHG is one of the best books (fiction) I have ever read.


--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy [Re: Phoshaman]
    #3979440 -

Phoshaman said:
featuring the mighty mos def!



:thumbup:


--------------------
"I'm afraid of losing my obscurity. Genuineness only thrives in the dark. Like celery."
- Aldous Huxley

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* hitchhikers guide to the galaxy...on mushrooms nonick 1,460 6 10/05/05 09:37 PM
by HELLA_TIGHT
* Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
( 1 2 all )
DICK 4,108 27 04/14/06 06:21 PM
by DICK
* The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy blissedout 1,100 10 04/16/05 08:31 PM
by PrisonSong
* Hitchhikers guide
( 1 2 all )
danlennon3 1,863 24 05/01/05 02:12 PM
by Ravus
* The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
( 1 2 all )
kake 4,309 26 05/15/05 12:12 AM
by freddurgan
* Hitchhiking forbiddendonut 1,058 14 01/19/09 04:59 PM
by adrug
* Intriguing detonation in Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (recent film version) Konnrade 713 3 12/07/05 01:34 AM
by Konnrade
* So i picked up this hitchiker -
( 1 2 3 all )
ShockValue 2,585 45 03/10/10 04:51 PM
by markofthebeast

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
3,877 topic views. 3 members, 4 guests and 189 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.032 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 18 queries.