Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Security and Safety

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds, CBD Compare   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Buy Kratom Powder   Amazon Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMobius_Strip
Distant Relative
 User Gallery

Loc: Spangladesh
What's interesting mail forwarding
    #3967131 - 03/24/05 10:59 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I'm thinking of going with the mail forwarding option because I want to involve as few people as possible in my mycroscopy only spore purchase. I'm thinking of going with the "What's Interesting - mail forwarding service" for 15.00 a month. I'll probably only do it for a month until I get my spores. Is there any better way to do this or, alternately, is there a reason I shouldn't use this service (as directed in this security forum)?
http://www.whatsinteresting.com/postbox.htm

--------------------
The smart way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of acceptable opinion, but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - even encourage the more critical and dissident views. That gives people the sense that there's free thinking going on, while all the time the presuppositions of the system are being reinforced by the limits put on the range of the debate
-Noam Chomsky

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMobius_Strip
Distant Relative
 User Gallery

Re: What's interesting mail forwarding [Re: Mobius_Strip]
    #3972225 - 03/26/05 11:39 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Does anyone here use mail forwarding? Otherwise, how do you have spores delivered without arousing suspicion that you might be cultivating them. I thought of having the spores sent to a friend but then the friend would know...Yes, I'm very paranoid when it comes to this kind of thing.

--------------------
The smart way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of acceptable opinion, but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - even encourage the more critical and dissident views. That gives people the sense that there's free thinking going on, while all the time the presuppositions of the system are being reinforced by the limits put on the range of the debate
-Noam Chomsky

Edited by Mobius_Strip (03/26/05 11:44 AM)

Offlinetheocean06
Yeah, I've donefour already...

#3972306 - 03/26/05 12:08 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Spores are 100% legal (unless you live in 3 certain states), you are looking at them for microcopy purposes only, not growing. No crime being committed.

--------------------

The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye.            - Hendrix :bow:

OfflineMobius_Strip
Distant Relative
 User Gallery

Re: What's interesting mail forwarding [Re: theocean06]
    #3972381 - 03/26/05 12:33 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I understand that they're legal. I guess I'm being paranoid for the simple fact that things aren't always as they seem.

--------------------
-Noam Chomsky

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
    #3972703 - 03/26/05 02:05 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

One can never be too careful when one has some interesting "hobbies". I think using a mail forwarding service is a good idea, although I can't vouch for any particular vendor. Keep us posted about how their service is, if and when you ever decide to use them....

Offlinetheocean06
Yeah, I've donefour already...

Re: What's interesting mail forwarding [Re: Le_Canard]
    #3972757 - 03/26/05 02:14 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Yes but if LEO really wanted to track you down, they easily could. It's like getting a P.O. Box, it's one more step between you and the police, but they can still find you very easily. I think ordering spores (I am only talking about spores in this case, nothing else like MJ seeds, or things that really are illegal) is the least of your worries.

--------------------

The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye.            - Hendrix :bow:

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
Re: What's interesting mail forwarding [Re: theocean06]
    #3972851 - 03/26/05 02:36 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Well, this is true. But it does obscure the trail between you and the supplier somewhat, though. If you're just growing on a small scale and a cop doesn't have a hard-on for you, I wouldn't think they'd look too hard. Having said that, the best advice I've heard was someone suggesting you have your goods sent to an empty apartment unit, which of course would work best if you lived there or had easy access to the unit. But I'm sure there's risks there as well....

OfflineMobius_Strip
Distant Relative
 User Gallery

Re: What's interesting mail forwarding [Re: Le_Canard]
    #3975585 - 03/27/05 09:33 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah,
You're right about the "extra layer" idea. That's what I've been feeling all along. Since one must give their physical address to some mail forwarding or PO Box service anyway, it's somewhat of an illusion (via placebo - Out of sight, out of mind) that one is really safe from the prying eyes and hands of good ol' Uncle Sam the molestor. I guess part of me feels somewhat suspicious for the reasons that spores are legal to begin with. I mean, pot seeds are not legal in the US. Why would mushroom spores be legal without a hitch? While I know that obtaining and posessing the spores are legal it seems like it could also be an easy way for the feds to track packages originating from specific places of business merely for their own curious indulgences. While I have no intention of growing mushrooms I am an aspiring mycologist of sorts and I'd like to experience first hand what sets these spores apart from other mushrooms. I'd also like to think I have complete freedom to do that without feeling like I might get a knock on my door a few months later. I would lose what little faith I have left in our freedom as US citizens. I'd hate to feel as though I have to leave the country to have a few basic freedoms as described by our very own laws. I like where I live. I've thought of having the microscopy spores delivered to a friends house but I'm not sure which scenario is worse. Unfortunately I don't have access to an empty apartment. The community I live in is full and the mailboxes lock anyway. I imagine I'm sounding overly cautious for no reason. I mean, shit, if I'm not growing them why would I care if I get a knock on my door from the feds, right? Weeeeel, because who likes to be watched and scrutinized in their daily life by anyone, for any reason? Shit, I've quit jobs for less than that! It's unnerving and reduces quality of life, to say the least, to think that one might be watched. I don't like being watched while I eat let alone while I persue my hobbies. Maybe I should address these concerns with one of the shroomery sponsors...

--------------------
-Noam Chomsky

OfflineRandolph_Carter
НơĻ?ĢΉō

Loc: Shroomery B-list.
    #3975858 - 03/27/05 11:32 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Read about a dead drop, and then read about countersurveilence techniques.
All you need is an empty house, some balls, and some good instincts.
Not to mention some sneaky.

--------------------
"..all those molecules thrashing their kinky little tails, hot for destiny and the street."  Gibson

Nuke baby seals for Jesus!

(This has been a +1 production.)

Offlinepsilocyben
bad guy

Re: What's interesting mail forwarding [Re: Randolph_Carter]
    #3976968 - 03/27/05 05:57 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

there is a part of the second post that is applicable to your situation
here

--------------------

OfflineRandolph_Carter
НơĻ?ĢΉō

Re: What's interesting mail forwarding [Re: psilocyben]
    #3977017 - 03/27/05 06:11 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I want that report.

--------------------
"..all those molecules thrashing their kinky little tails, hot for destiny and the street."  Gibson

Offlinesaint7
Stranger
    #3977075 - 03/27/05 06:26 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Yup set up a mailforwarding box with your own ID... hmmmm real smart. Why not invite the dea to your house for supper.

Come on guy's and gals is all this drug stuff melting away the grey matter of thinking.

USE Fake ID
Mailforwarding
Adrop
A pick up guy. Some wino for 10.00 bucks or hell like the guys said grow some balls and pick up yourself.

best of luck.

OfflineMobius_Strip
Distant Relative
 User Gallery

Re: What's interesting mail forwarding [Re: saint7]
    #3977640 - 03/27/05 08:29 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I'm not trying to be a raging dick but I'm sure I'll sound like that anyway but...
Shit, I'm just trying to buy some damn spores legally, privately and securely. I'm not a commercial grower of anything. I don't have anything in my apartment that cops would be remotely interested in. I'm not an illegal alien and I don't want to drop off the face of the earth by relying on some neighborhood drunk to sign a paper hoping he doesn't die so I can get an EIN. I'm really just trying to find out how most people persue spore study without being put on a watch list. There are a few unoccupied houses in the neighborhood but doesn't it seem likely that past tennants might come around to pick up their mail that doesn't get forwarded? I do this every time I move. I forward my mail (change of address) and check my old address for a few weeks...All I need is to spend what little money I have on a hobby and have the spores get forwarded, returned or picked up by someone else. How does everyone else on this board buy spores privately? There are apparently ways of doing this that don't require extreme and expensive measures because there are a lot of people on this board who actually grow small and large quantities with no apparent negative repercussions. WTF. How do so many people here do this successfully without showing even a slight sense of paranoia? It doesn't make sense to me to use my name and ID to get a mail forwarding box.

--------------------
-Noam Chomsky

OfflineRandolph_Carter
НơĻ?ĢΉō

#3977790 - 03/27/05 09:08 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Most suppliers have a very good policy regarding privacy of their customers.
Speak to them about your concerns, and i'm sure you can work out a satisfactory arrangement.

Money is still untraceable.

--------------------

Offlinepsilocyben
bad guy

#3980988 - 03/28/05 04:34 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

randolph-
i'm finally going to get back w/ my dad who has the report

i have still yet to find a source for it other than the mail-address on the report; it costs like 80$ though well worth it.

let me see what i can do- maybe i can scan a couple relevant chapters

--------------------

OfflineRandolph_Carter
НơĻ?ĢΉō

Re: What's interesting mail forwarding [Re: psilocyben]
    #3982142 - 03/28/05 09:17 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

If you could scan the entire thing, i'd be very appreciative...or i can cover shipping/photocopying costs to me, and possibly subsidize the aquisition cost (from your dad or otherwise)

Figure out how i can help, then PM me. I'm deadly serious, i want to see that report.

--------------------

Offlinesaint7
Stranger
    #3982368 - 03/28/05 09:52 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I am sure we are not all growers of crops but still, it is said paper work allways lands you in jail.

Weather or not it is crop growing or a few for personal use, I would take the necessary precausions.

Just my thought.

best of luck.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds, CBD Compare   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Buy Kratom Powder   Amazon Scales

Community >> Security and Safety