Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  [ show all ]
Re: Anybody had a run-in with a celebrity? [Re: Learyfan]
    #3960043 -


A few months ago I was standing in line at the LAX airport and who do I see walking towards me but Stephen Carpenter (guitarist of the Deftones - which happens to be like my favorite band... i had a deftones cd in my discman at the time even) He was wearing big sunglasses but it was so obvious it was him. Also he was carrying a keyboard. When he walked by me I called out "Hey Stephen," like I was a friend of his or something. He looked over when I said his name and I nodded and he smiled and nodded back. It was crazy. What are the chances...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anybody had a run-in with a celebrity? [Re: LthirdSeyeD]
    #3960093 -

i just realized i posted the same thing twice in this thread. Once today, and once yesterday. I didn't even remeber. that's weird. Time loss?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anybody had a run-in with a celebrity? [Re: Dickhead]
    #3960173 -

throy said:
I think I got high with Edward Norton once. Im not sure. It was at a hotel party that a friend invited me to. We got high in one room... I looked at him and said, "Man I've gotta say you look dead exact like Edward Norton." He looked at 2 of his friends they laughed... and he said "I get that alot." and chuckled again.

I didn't push a question. Decided I'd rather wonder.

I get to play lots with Semi-famous people like Death From Above 1979, Wax Mannequin, Buck 65, De La Soul... I've gotten threatening letters from Management of certain artists for my musical works(see below and youll know why.)

Ive met the band members of Fugazi on Numerous occasions and had a nice long chat with Ian M on the phone once... Which was fucking awsome, that guy is top shelf... Very down to earth.

Ive sent out 'fan' letters and most of the artists do write back... Especially today with email you'd be surprised who will actually write back if you have something nice and smart to say.



YES! I LOVE WAX MANNEQUIN! I've met him before a few of his shows, real nice guy, even on stage, he's crazy, but good! Met him in hamilton a year or two ago, back when And Gun came out.


--------------------
It's Krang, Bitch!  :krang:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anybody had a run-in with a celebrity? [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #3960471 -

Oh yeah, nearly forgot.

I once carried Shirley Basseys luggage to her room when I was working in a hotel and she gave me a ?50 tip and I've also shared a joint with Sasha and Carl Cox.

--------------------



--------------------
PROMOTE BACTERIA. THEY'RE THE ONLY CULTURE SOME PEOPLE HAVE.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anybody had a run-in with a celebrity? [Re: Bi0TeK]
    #3960604 -

i've met zakk wylde.. seen charlie sheen(sp?) buy some smokes at a store in Tampa once.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anybody had a run-in with a celebrity? [Re: PinballWizard]
    #3960786 -

PinballWizard said:
I guess chinacat used to be in the Grateful Dead.



You also forgot to mention the fact that Anno played a role in Le Fabuleaux Destin d'Amelie Poulain.


--------------------
Every Animal Is Someone 🌱 watchdominion.org

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anybody had a run-in with a celebrity? [Re: funkymonk]
    #3961288 -

i dont get it?


--------------------
~ ingenious! ~

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anybody had a run-in with a celebrity? [Re: spymoose1]
    #3961335 -

I hate posting in the pub. Oh well.

My favorites are:
I've drank with the dudes from Alexisonfire, moneen, hopesfall. I've also smoked a joint with tom petty.


--------------------
I was pessimistic in my youth. Now I can just follow the Toronto Raptors.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anybody had a run-in with a celebrity? [Re: Ole Field Trashe]
    #3961377 -

I used to work at the Coliseum in my town, i was a runner, basically that means i was the guy who got stuff for the bands. I met willie nelson, toby keith, and amy from evanesance. I met others, but there names don't really jump out at me right now.
Oh yea, i met marlin waynes at a stip club once.


--------------------
~The Cultivators Motherload~

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies.
My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness."-Dalai Lama

Live long and prosper.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anybody had a run-in with a celebrity? [Re: Ole Field Trashe]
    #3961391 -

I live in nashville, used to live in New Orleans, worked at recording studios in both cities as well as working restaraunt type jobs there, so i have seen/met/hung out with way too many people to name that are famous. Pretty much there are two types of famous people: those that are humble/dont care about their fame, and those who use it to no end and are self-important assholes. Seems to be extremes in both sides and very little middle ground.

Galactic are cool guys. I installed some Iso booth I/O panels for them at their studio near Twiropa in N.O. and smoked with them, and got to play the drummers drum set for a soundcheck. Hung with CJ from Drowning Pool a few times, I am friends with his little brother. One night I chilled with the sax player from Bela Fleck and the Flecktones at a bar, also talked to Robert Randolph a while at the same bar I run sound at- funny thing was, he was pimpin two big fat white chicks.... guess with all that fame he still wants that big ol booty.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anybody had a run-in with a celebrity? [Re: Ole Field Trashe]
    #3961495 -


I've also smoked a joint with tom petty.

No way! That's awesome.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anybody had a run-in with a celebrity? [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #3961498 -

ad nauseum


--------------------
live free or die

Edited by WoodsCall (12/27/10 12:43 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anybody had a run-in with a celebrity? [Re: WoodsCall]
    #3961697 -

i ran into bruce willis and demi moore when i was twelve. we where staying at the same hotel in ireland. i didn't really have a clue who he was at the time, but i remember i had really good icecream; it was lavender flavoured.


--------------------
"Those who shun whimsy of all things will experience rigor mortis before death" t. robbins

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anybody had a run-in with a celebrity? [Re: hollandstulips]
    #3961734 -

I forgot about David Allen Coe. I met him in a gas station here in Indiana. Not a fan of his or anything, but I knew who he was.

Quote:
And I think it was either Charlie Sheen or Emilio Estevez that went to the same high school, obviously many years before I attended



Well, if you count that, Jeffery Dahmer went to my high school for a few months several years before I went there. A friend oif mine stole a book from the library that he had checked out. It has his signature on the little card in the back of the book.

Also, another serial killer went to my school in the 60's. His name was Larry Eiler (I know I spelled that wrong). He's not near as popular as Dahmer, but maybe some of you have heard of him.

Edited by Deadmaker (03/23/05 08:31 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anybody had a run-in with a celebrity? [Re: Deadmaker]
    #3962135 -

i guess its not considered a run in but i met the entire cast of Pete and Pete. they were filming in my town and i got to be an extra on the show. i also saw adam west(batman) because he was the principle on the show at the time. fun times fun times.

the best part was when i got autographs by the cast, one of them wrote " live long, drink hard" . then he crossed it out but i could obviously read what was written. i was 12 at the time so i probably could have gotten him in trouble but im no narc!


--------------------
"Psychedelics should be used not to escape reality, but to embrace it"


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anybody had a run-in with a celebrity? [Re: danlennon3]
    #3962338 -

danlennon3 said:
i guess its not considered a run in but i met the entire cast of Pete and Pete. they were filming in my town and i got to be an extra on the show. i also saw adam west(batman) because he was the principle on the show at the time. fun times fun times.

the best part was when i got autographs by the cast, one of them wrote " live long, drink hard" . then he crossed it out but i could obviously read what was written. i was 12 at the time so i probably could have gotten him in trouble but im no narc!






Jesus christ man, that was my favorite show as a kid, I still fucking love it. I would rather have your experience then any of these others....



I've never met anyone famous :/


--------------------
outputrotation said:
x-com and unsolved mysteries are the only things that have ever made me truly scared

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anybody had a run-in with a celebrity? [Re: TheDudeAbides]
    #3962439 -

The_Dude_420 said:
Jesus christ man, that was my favorite show as a kid, I still fucking love it. I would rather have your experience then any of these others....
I've never met anyone famous :/



it was lots of fun to meet them, the young pete was cool but the older one was a prick. this isnt the reason he was a prick but he was doing a scene on a bike and as he rode by he said "dont do drugs kids" I agree with you when you say it was the best show


--------------------
"Psychedelics should be used not to escape reality, but to embrace it"


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anybody had a run-in with a celebrity? [Re: danlennon3]
    #3962519 -

remember when Nickelodeon was cool?
Pete and Pete
Rocko's Modern Life
Hey Dude
Stick Stickley : )
Salute Your Shorts
Are You Afraid Of The Dark


I would fucking buy dvds of every one of these shows if I could : (

meh, sorry that was off-topic, but it really pisses me off.


--------------------
outputrotation said:
x-com and unsolved mysteries are the only things that have ever made me truly scared

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anybody had a run-in with a celebrity? [Re: Deadmaker]
    #3962520 -

Interesting Dahmer story, Deadmaker.





--------------------
--------------------------------


Mp3 of the month: Wild Things- Another Colored Ink Drawing (A.C.I.D.)


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anybody had a run-in with a celebrity? [Re: drtyfrnk]
    #3962783 -

drtyfrnk said:
YES! I LOVE WAX MANNEQUIN! I've met him before a few of his shows, real nice guy, even on stage, he's crazy, but good! Met him in hamilton a year or two ago, back when And Gun came out.



He's great. I met him in my home town... He ended up crashing at the house while on his first east tour, he invited me on the road to play shows with him. A pure genius!! I've got him on my website links! a few other cool unique artists on there you might like.


--------------------
Multiplied

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Todcasil speaks Todcasil 1,571 14 08/18/05 06:57 PM
by Prisoner#1
* Celebrate Bicycle Day - April 19th Vvellum 855 4 04/14/05 09:22 AM
by Todcasil
* Charles Manson, the family, and LSD...
( 1 2 all )
Grizzy 9,484 21 04/14/05 01:22 PM
by p5yc0_k1ll3r
* I know it is a buzzkill and boring, but seriously, start a Roth IRA
( 1 2 all )
SneezingPenis 2,295 38 10/07/07 04:17 PM
by Veritas
* Charles Manson mentions Timothy Leary (mp3)
( 1 2 all )
LearyfanS 9,709 26 03/22/05 03:45 AM
by MasonsChild
* Meeting celebrities...
( 1 2 all )
drtyfrnk 2,165 28 09/19/05 01:47 PM
by SneezingPenis
* Todcasil!!!
( 1 2 all )
ShroomismM 2,661 27 08/08/05 06:51 PM
by creamrocks
* ever met a celebrity?
( 1 2 3 4 ... 10 11 all )
Xochitl 12,501 219 05/07/19 12:14 PM
by Gypsy Boy

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
7,338 topic views. 4 members, 37 guests and 125 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.039 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 18 queries.