Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineC20H25N3O
Calico Kahlia
 User Gallery

!!!!Rumsfeld cleared of wrong doing in Iraqi Prison scandle says SECERT REPORT!!!!!
    #3902758 - 03/11/05 12:27 PM (19 years, 22 days ago)

I'd download this song first and than read this:
High Horse (zen tricksters, MP3)
January 10th, 2004

--
Rumsfeld cleared in prison abuse scandal; activists decry finding

WASHINGTON -- U.S. Defence Secretary Donald Rumsfeld and the Pentagon's top brass were exonerated yesterday of accusations that they ordered, or turned a blind eye to, the brutal torture and humiliation of detainees at Iraq's notorious Abu Ghraib prison.

But although Vice-Admiral Albert Church reported no blood on the hands of the U.S. high command, his findings failed to persuade many of those who believe President George W. Bush has set a permissive and extralegal tone for the war on terrorism.

The unclassified 21-page summary of a 400-page secret report confirms that at least six detainees have died in more than 70 proven cases of abuse in Afghanistan and Iraq, and reveals that the U.S. military was holding an estimated 50,000 detainees in shadowy circumstances as of last September.

Otherwise, however, it sheds little new light on the prison horrors.

"This looks like another whitewash. Almost a year after the Abu Ghraib pictures, we still haven't had an independent investigation into the widespread prison abuse by someone not appointed by or subordinate to Secretary Rumsfeld," said Reed Brody, a special counsel for the New York-based group Human Rights Watch.

U.S. courts dealt another setback to the administration's handling of detainees on Monday, when a federal judge rejected a government effort to indefinitely imprison a U.S. citizen without charge by claiming that he is an enemy combatant.

The move would be a "betrayal of this nation's commitment to the separation of powers that safeguards our democratic values and individual liberties," U.S. District Judge Henry Floyd ruled. He gave the government 45 days to charge or release Jose Padilla, who is alleged to have plotted to detonate a so-called dirty bomb to spread radioactive debris.

Human Rights Watch said Mr. Bush's administration is undermining international respect for rights, and urged the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights to condemn "disappearances, torture and other mistreatment of detainees by the United States in its global war on terror."

"It's not just the reputation of the United States that suffers, but international respect for human rights in general is damaged," spokeswoman Joanna Weschler said in Geneva.

Vice-Adm. Church's report found that rules were slack and that the military failed to spot warning signals that things might be going wrong at Abu Ghraib.

But "even in the absence of a precise definition of 'humane treatment,' it is clear that none of the pictured abuses at Abu Ghraib bear any resemblance to approved policies at any level, in any theatre," he concluded.

Some of Mr. Bush's staunchest supporters appeared to be in denial about Abu Ghraib, a year after the horrific pictures of abuse and sexual humiliation emerged.

"I don't need an investigation to tell me that there was no comprehensive or systematic use of inhumane tactics by the American military, because those guys and gals just wouldn't do it," said Senator Jim Talent, a Republican from Missouri. "Everything about the culture and the training in the military and at home works against that. That's why the terrorists are attacking us -- because we're not the kind of society that would do that."

Mr. Talent seemed to come close to endorsing physical abuse of detainees.

"Speaking for myself, if our guys want to poke somebody in the chest to get the name of a bomb maker so that they can save the lives of Americans, I'm for it," he said.

Others were not so sanguine. Democrat Senator Carl Levin noted acidly that the scope of Vice-Adm. Church's investigation didn't include detention and interrogation practices by the Central Intelligence Agency.

He also said that exonerating top leaders sends the wrong message to Americans and the rest of the world.

"This failure of accountability of senior leaders sends the wrong signal to our troops and to the American people. It harms the United States's standing as a nation of laws, and it undermines the high standards of our armed forces," Mr. Levin said.

Vice-Adm. Church also confirmed the existence of so-called ghost detainees, a practice in which the CIA detains suspects without documenting them.

--

Alarming stuff, eh.

But in the age old spirt of the pub I left a scared offering of a good song? :smile:
--

High Horse/ The Zen Tricksters (a gd cover band from NYC)
High Horse (zen tricksters, MP3)
January 10th, 2004

He came here to court but his speech was cut short And impaled on a fine point of order. Left with no choice he lowered his voice And laid down his sad heart there before her.

Your highness, I fear, has left you unclear Your eyes cannot see what's before them. They're drained of their light and what's left of your sight Is fogged by the strange air around you.

Come dismount your high horse and consider the source Of this seismic rift that divides us. Come and peer through the haze of your half-lidded gaze To that place where there's no one besides us.

Come down off your throne to where it's just us alone And step out of your shrine of pretension. For this crown that you wear is more cross that you bear And you live just to feed its attention.

Remember a day not so far away When we stood at the edge of the wild. We walked hand in hand, our feet in the sand And saw through the eyes of a child.

But then you slipped out of range and made the exchange For this mantle of pride you revere. Now your hands are kept clean, your face kept unseen And you've sacrificed warm love for fear.

But she just looked away, not a word did she say And they led him away in his sadness Because he knew down inside if from love she did hide She walked in the shadows of madness. A statue of a hero keeps vigil in the square. No one seems to know the names of those who put it there. Jaw bone thrusting forward, fist thrown in the air But people love a fountain and birds live in its hair.

--------------------

Calico Kahlia come tell me the news
Calamity's waiting for a way to get to her
Rosy red and electric blue
I bought you a paddle for your paper canoe

Say you'll come back when you can
Whenever your airplane happens to land
Maybe I'll be back here too
It all depends on what's with you

Edited by C20H25N3O (03/11/05 12:39 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: !!!!Rumsfeld cleared of wrong doing in Iraqi Prison scandle says SECERT REPORT!!!!! [Re: C20H25N3O]
    #3902769 - 03/11/05 12:28 PM (19 years, 22 days ago)

I just puked in my mouth.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
Re: !!!!Rumsfeld cleared of wrong doing in Iraqi Prison scandle says SECERT REPORT!!!!! [Re: C20H25N3O]
    #3902779 - 03/11/05 12:29 PM (19 years, 22 days ago)

I don't understand how this administration has managed to stay
out of trouble for so long with so many transgressions hanging
over their heads.

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

InvisibleTheMimeKing
D-unit
 User Gallery

Loc: Why, France of course mes...
    #3902793 - 03/11/05 12:31 PM (19 years, 22 days ago)

Dude, man, its all cool, rumsfeld just needs to chill with some good vibes!

Lets send him some good vibes right now, lets go my fellow pubbers!

Okay, start!

--------------------

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

#3908787 - 03/12/05 06:55 PM (19 years, 20 days ago)

keep in mind
most of those in power
are from the Iran-Contra scandal
who originally earned their wings
grossly inflating the threat of the Soviet Union
in the 1970s.

InvisibleJim
 User Gallery

#3908959 - 03/12/05 07:48 PM (19 years, 20 days ago)

:thumbup: Zen tricksters.  I used to see them in Gloversville all the time.

--------------------
Use the Fucking Reply To Feature You Lazy Pieces of Shit!

afoaf said:
Jim, if you were in my city, I would let you fuck my wife.

InvisibleJim
 User Gallery

Re: !!!!Rumsfeld cleared of wrong doing in Iraqi Prison scandle says SECERT REPORT!!!!! [Re: Vvellum]
    #3908960 - 03/12/05 07:49 PM (19 years, 20 days ago)

Quote:

bi0 said:
keep in mind
most of those in power
are from the Iran-Contra scandal
who originally earned their wings
grossly inflating the threat of the Soviet Union
in the 1970s.

lets not forget about their bloodlines.  :lol:

--------------------
Use the Fucking Reply To Feature You Lazy Pieces of Shit!

afoaf said:
Jim, if you were in my city, I would let you fuck my wife.

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

Re: !!!!Rumsfeld cleared of wrong doing in Iraqi Prison scandle says SECERT REPORT!!!!! [Re: Jim]
    #3916422 - 03/14/05 01:09 PM (19 years, 19 days ago)

huh?

OfflineC20H25N3O
Calico Kahlia
 User Gallery

Re: !!!!Rumsfeld cleared of wrong doing in Iraqi Prison scandle says SECERT REPORT!!!!! [Re: Vvellum]
    #3917699 - 03/14/05 07:55 PM (19 years, 18 days ago)

could a mod move this to the political forum... Aren't I dumb, forgot there was a political forum.

--------------------

Calico Kahlia come tell me the news
Calamity's waiting for a way to get to her
Rosy red and electric blue
I bought you a paddle for your paper canoe

Say you'll come back when you can
Whenever your airplane happens to land
Maybe I'll be back here too
It all depends on what's with you

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder