Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinejdslkhfg
Stranger
Beginning to Cultivate
    #3881834 - 03/07/05 10:10 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I read the "which sport should I grow?" and that didn't really answer my questions.

I am wondering what is the easiest type of spore to grow? I don't care about potency all that much, I'm mainly concerned with finding a well growing spore that a beginner wont have much trouble with.

Any suggestions?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinejdslkhfg
Stranger
Re: Beginning to Cultivate [Re: jdslkhfg]
    #3881837 - 03/07/05 10:10 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

*sigh* that should read "Which Spore..." not sport.

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
    #3881845 - 03/07/05 10:14 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

For your first grow you should start out with a strain of cubensis.

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Beginning to Cultivate [Re: hawksapprentice]
    #3881862 - 03/07/05 10:23 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

From "Which Spore Strain Should I Order"

his is a question that keeps coming up, but can never be really answered. It is one of the truly subjective questions in the hobby, on which *everyone* will have their own answers.
There are no "bad" strains, and generally each strain is similar in growing parameters and production than any other. Some people prefer pointy capped fruit, which can be found in the Ecuador, Plantasia Mystery, South American, and others. Some prefer strains that colonize and fruit in warmer climates - such as Cambodians and A strain. Some prefer petite fruit (that doesn't necessarily mean less weight per flush than others though!) - such as Mexi-cubs and some Mexican strains. Others prefer very vigorous colonizers - such as the Puerto Ricans (which also have the *fame* of being a quite potent cubensis). But is there one magic strain that will give you lots and lots of really super potent mushrooms in a quick amount of time? No, there's not, plain and simple. Some strains may be judged subjectively by others to be more potent than others, and some strains may be judged to be bigger and produce a heavier weight.
But comparing cubensis to cubensis generally, there is not a "super strain" which should be chosen for any particular reason over another.
There is no consensus as to "the" strain to grow, and you won't find one. Some people like redheads, while some prefer brunettes. It's just that subjective.

If thats what you read, and you still want people to tell you what superstrain you should start with because its good for beginers, then you should be slapped about the head and face :smile:

Each strain will grow different for each person so no one can tell you exactly how a strain will act when YOU grow it, only how it acted when they grew it. I've had great luck with Z's. Very forgiving, quick, and high yeilding strain. This doesnt mean youll get the same results if you try Z's, especially if you order spores from different sources..

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Edited by scatmanrav (03/07/05 11:53 AM)

InvisiblelIllIIIllIlIIlIlIIllIllIIl
Stranger
 Arcade Champion: Airfox

Loc: Texas
Re: Beginning to Cultivate [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3881881 - 03/07/05 10:40 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

It is kind of depressing... such a simple and important question that has no answer. You will understand, and someday you might be saying the same thing I am.

InvisiblePrisoner#1M
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
    #3881945 - 03/07/05 11:18 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

jdslkhfg said:
*sigh* that should read "Which Spore..." not sport.

it's cool sport. we figured it to be a new conjunction sport/sort

2 types of cubensis I like to recomend for various reasons are Equador and Cambodians, they are both fast colonizers and pretty forgiving in fruiting

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation