Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Big Sur Tapes!
    #3872216 -

Check out this site called  Big Sur Tapes!  Look at the collection of RARE tapes by psychedelic icons these guys have!  I'll make a little list of the people that they have taped lectures/interviews of and how many of each they offer.  It's crazy!  :drooling:

Allen Ginsberg (1)

Stan Grof (14)

Gerald Heard (3)

Albert Hofmann (3)

Aldous Huxley (30) <--WHOA

Laura Huxley (1)

Tim Leary (2)

John Lilly (10)

Ralph Metzner (4)

Humphrey Osmond (2)

Ram Dass (11)

Alexander Shulgin (4)

D.M. Turner (1)

Gordon Wasson  :eek: (2)

Alan Watts (15)

Robert Anton Wilson (2)

:drooling:

As you see, those are just some of the tapes they have.  I'm jizzing at the thought of having these tapes.  The only thing stopping me from buying all of these is money and the fact that they're tapes.  Wouldn't it be perfect for The Shroomery to have one of those Gordon Wasson interviews online for people to hear?  I thought I had a pretty big psychedelic audio collection until I saw this site.  I have a long way to go!






--------------------
--------------------------------


Mp3 of the month: Wild Things- Another Colored Ink Drawing (A.C.I.D.)


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Big Sur Tapes! [Re: Learyfan]
    #3875088 -

Someone on here has got to have some money for a few of these.  Hook it up!!! :smile:


McKennaDMT


--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Big Sur Tapes! [Re: Learyfan]
    #3875766 -

Wasson, Gordon
Magic Mushrooms and Maria Sabina

Price:  $18.95

"Wasson recounts the story of his and his wife's journeys to discover the role of mushrooms in human life throughout the ages. Their interest focused on the mushroom's sacred or entheogenic use in the religion of early man. Entheogenic means God within us, and refers to those plant substances that, when ingested, give one a divine experience.In the mid 1950s, Wasson discovered an existing mushroom cult in Oaxaca, Mexico where the people still use entheogenic mushrooms as a part of daily human activity and as a source of constant spiritual strength. He describes, in intimate detail, his journey to the village of Huautla de Jimenez and his work there with Curandera Maria Sabrina. - 1975 Esalen - Two Audiotapes"

My God that site has so much good stuff it's unbelievable, it'll keep me broke for months!  :smile: :crazy:


--------------------

"I hate having to pick between the lesser of two evils. But I'm glad Obama was elected. McCain was another war monger. I'd rather deal with our country going into debt than trying to take on afghanistan...oh wait FUCK!" - Fungus_tao

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Big Sur Tapes! [Re: AislingGheal]
    #3876320 -

Wow they do have a very nice collection, the site seems kinda low budget, and why are they all tapes?

:confused:


--------------------
Stay Kool, and enjoy the bus ride.....



"Intrepid Search For Innerspace"

DAVID JONES where are you?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Big Sur Tapes! [Re: kindkesey]
    #3876331 -

They seem a lot like Sound Photosynthesis, low quality web site and cassettes galore but hopefully the quality of the tapes compares as well, SP tapes are really good as sound quality goes.


--------------------

"I hate having to pick between the lesser of two evils. But I'm glad Obama was elected. McCain was another war monger. I'd rather deal with our country going into debt than trying to take on afghanistan...oh wait FUCK!" - Fungus_tao

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Big Sur Tapes! [Re: AislingGheal]
    #3876445 -

Yes, Sound Photosythesis is another incredible site with extremely interesting recordings from almost all the same guys as Big Sur Tapes. AG, what recordings do you have from SP?

I just e-mailed both sites to ask if they would consider converting to cd. Here's a few more I found very interesting from Big Sur Tapes.....

Quote:
Metzner, Ralph
Psychedelics and The Inner World

Metzner reviews psychedelic compounds and their effects, explores the relationship between the psychedelic experience and Eastern philosophy and practice, and speaks of the rituals of traditional peoples who carefully design and control psychedelic use. - 1968 Esalen - One Audiotape



Quote:
Shulgin, Alexander
Chemistry Of Mescaline

Shulgin here presents a detailed talk on the chemical structure of alkaloids found in peyote and the associated neural responses of the human brain. Some famility with chemistry is helpful in listening to this presentation. - 1978 San Francisco - One Audiotape



Quote:
Osmond, Humphrey
Early Psychedelic History

Osmond, who coined the word psychedelic, traces the early history of the use of psychedelics through his own role in that history. Part of that story includes his introducing Aldous Huxley to mescaline. - 1976 Esalen - One Audiotape








--------------------
--------------------------------


Mp3 of the month: Wild Things- Another Colored Ink Drawing (A.C.I.D.)


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Big Sur Tapes! [Re: Learyfan]
    #3876480 -

From Sound Photosynthesis I bought strictly Terence McKenna recordings like Opening the Doors of Creativity, Sacred Plants as Guides, Ethnobotony of Shamanism, and others. Cds would be a big convenience, with the tapes I had to play them on my stereo and I recorded them using an Olympus DM-10 and then transferred them to my computer.


--------------------

"I hate having to pick between the lesser of two evils. But I'm glad Obama was elected. McCain was another war monger. I'd rather deal with our country going into debt than trying to take on afghanistan...oh wait FUCK!" - Fungus_tao

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Big Sur Tapes! [Re: AislingGheal]
    #3876502 -

AislingGheal said:
From Sound Photosynthesis I bought strictly Terence McKenna recordings like Opening the Doors of Creativity, Sacred Plants as Guides, Ethnobotony of Shamanism, and others. Cds would be a big convenience, with the tapes I had to play them on my stereo and I recorded them using an Olympus DM-10 and then transferred them to my computer.



So it's a big pain for you to do that, or..? Hopefully they'll e-mail me back and tell me that they'll sell me a CD-R of whatever I buy. Here's some of cooler recordings from SP, in my opinion........



Quote:
JAY STEVENS:
Jay Stevens on KPFK
Roy Tuckman of KPFK interviews the author of ?Storming Heaven; LSD and the American Dream.?
1 Audio Cassette. #A80-87. $9.00



Quote:
ALBERT HOFFMANN:
LSD: My Problem Child
From the 1983 Psychedelics Conference in Santa Barbara, the second of its kind.
1 Audio Cassette. #A43-83. $9.99








--------------------
--------------------------------


Mp3 of the month: Wild Things- Another Colored Ink Drawing (A.C.I.D.)


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Big Sur Tapes! [Re: Learyfan]
    #3876531 -

It's not difficult just more time consuming, but it works out good.

Cooler than McKenna? Blasphemy!  :wink:

I would love to get the Jay Stevens one, I read "Storming Heaven" about 6 times and I feel like reading it again. Hoffman of course gets ultimate respect and I would love to have just about every recording ever made of him. Wish I had the means.


--------------------

"I hate having to pick between the lesser of two evils. But I'm glad Obama was elected. McCain was another war monger. I'd rather deal with our country going into debt than trying to take on afghanistan...oh wait FUCK!" - Fungus_tao

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Big Sur Tapes! [Re: AislingGheal]
    #3876579 -

Oh, I didn't mean cooler than McKenna, just cooler than most of those recordings. 

"Storming Heaven" is definitely a GREAT book and Jay Stevens is an interesting guy.  Have you seen  "Getting High: The History Of LSD" from The History Channel?  He offers his expertise throughout the show. 

How easy would it be for you to set up your tape to disk operation?  Just curious.....












--------------------
--------------------------------


Mp3 of the month: Wild Things- Another Colored Ink Drawing (A.C.I.D.)


Edited by Learyfan (06/24/15 11:28 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Big Sur Tapes! [Re: Learyfan]
    #3876944 -

I could set up real easy. I have a good stereo set-up in my living room and the DM-10 is portable, I could record anywhere no problem. it looks exactly like this -

It comes with an usb dock so you can download recordings into the computer, I'm sure there is probably a better way of doing it but this works for now.

I never seen that show on the History Channel but I would love to  :smile:


--------------------

"I hate having to pick between the lesser of two evils. But I'm glad Obama was elected. McCain was another war monger. I'd rather deal with our country going into debt than trying to take on afghanistan...oh wait FUCK!" - Fungus_tao

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Big Sur Tapes! [Re: AislingGheal]
    #3877052 -

Follow that link man, and you can watch the show!  You may have to have IE to view it.  It's one of my favorite LSD shows ever.  I have a lot of great memories of showing that to people.  I remember letting a friend see it once.  This is the guy who hooked me up with my first LSD, but he was a "doer" rather than a "knower" of drugs.  He was watching it, and he said "It sounds like they're saying LSD is good."  :grin:

Check your PMs about the tapes.  :wink:





--------------------
--------------------------------


Mp3 of the month: Wild Things- Another Colored Ink Drawing (A.C.I.D.)


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Big Sur Tapes! [Re: AislingGheal]
    #3878144 -

Hey AG, I got a e-mail back from Sound Photosythesis about my request for CDs instead of tapes.

Quote:
Certainly and we are slowly going there. We have one Colin Wilson, 2
Robert Anton Wilson, 3 Terence McKenna, 1 John Lilly, 1 William
Burroughs to name a few. We are working at converting Richard Feynman's
Tiny Machines to DVD as I write.

Finances are a big big problem and we are connected to a non-profit
which can give donations tax deductions and is supposed to digitize the
best of the archive but it too needs to have my efforts to get funding
and I am over the top in debt trying to keep all this going. Would you
like to contribute to the effort or perhaps purchase some of the cds we
already have accomplished? Any help will be put to appropriate use.

Thanks for your interest and support,


faustin

P.S. Our off shore clientele are still very much interested in our
analog material.








--------------------
--------------------------------


Mp3 of the month: Wild Things- Another Colored Ink Drawing (A.C.I.D.)


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Big Sur Tapes! [Re: Learyfan] * 1
    #3878345 -

pls save these to cdrom if permissable and add to future shroomery mp3 online library.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Ralph Metzner's Latest Course in Alternate States of Consciousness mjshroomer 702 0 06/14/06 03:15 PM
by mjshroomer
* Global Heating from Ralph Metzner mjshroomer 2,771 18 01/17/06 10:55 AM
by eligal
* NYC Area Shroomerites - Ralph Metzner @ CoSM tonight OneMoreRobot3021 1,190 12 04/16/07 10:41 AM
by Liquid_Dimension
* Does ANYONE know Humphrey Osmond's real quote? freddurgan 2,632 7 04/24/05 01:36 AM
by Learyfan
* A message from Ralph Metzner mjshroomer 1,201 15 01/14/06 11:48 AM
by DeadPhan
* Ralph Metzner's new Lecture in Georgia in March (Come and See) mjshroomer 1,247 9 02/16/06 11:09 PM
by mjshroomer
* Ralph Metzner's Letter to MJ on Tim Leary Bashing Book mjshroomer 1,321 5 07/30/11 06:08 PM
by Learyfan
* Calling calli people!!!California Gathering- Big Sur
( 1 2 all )
sui 1,422 23 10/19/10 02:09 AM
by Arden

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,984 topic views. 2 members, 59 guests and 241 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.023 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 14 queries.