Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibleveggie

Illicit drug sales booming online
    #3855445 - 03/02/05 03:16 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Illicit drug sales booming online
2 March, 2005
bbc.co.uk

The worldwide trade in illegal drugs sold over the internet has surged, according to the UN's drug watchdog.

Dangerous drugs are being sold without prescription in a virtual marketplace that is difficult to control, says the International Narcotics Control Board.

In its annual report, it says that 90% of online drugs sales take place without a medical prescription.

Legal suppliers were fuelling the trade, it says, by providing unlicensed internet pharmacies with drugs.

The INCB warn the web is increasingly a source of illicit drugs for children offering access which is not restricted by age.

"The illicit trade over the internet has been identified as one of the major sources for prescription medicines abused by children and adolescents in certain countries such as the United States," it says.

Mind-altering drugs

The US, it says, remains the largest market in the world for illegal drugs with 8.2% of its population of 293 million people using them.

The most common sales are of mind-altering substances such as amphetamines.

"Billions of [doses of] controlled substances - some of them highly potent drugs such as oxycodone, equivalent to morphine, and fentanyl, which is many times stronger than morphine - are being sold by unlicensed internet pharmacies."

The INCB called for better co-operation between governments, international organisations and the pharmaceutical industry.

The report also highlighted that drug abuse and trafficking was a growing problem in many African countries.

It cited a marked increase in the use of intravenous drugs - such as heroin - in eastern and southern Africa and said this could have serious ramifications for the spread of HIV and Aids.

The INCB also said it was worried by Afghanistan's opium production.

The country now supplies three-quarters of the world's heroin as well being a major source of cannabis resin.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineCubieman420
Sharing in thegroove
 User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Re: Illicit drug sales booming online [Re: veggie]
    #3856407 - 03/02/05 11:07 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Man, that will suck when they find a way to shut down internet pharmies....until then, stock up!

--------------------
"...now waters run free, no more fish in the sea..."
1983-2004

Invisiblederx
who run it
 User Gallery

Loc: dx/dt
Re: Illicit drug sales booming online [Re: Cubieman420]
    #3856987 - 03/02/05 01:33 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

whats some urls to some good online pharmacies?

--------------------
better living through chemistry

OVERGROW the government!!

it's not a war on drugs, it's a war on personal freedom, ok, thats what it is.

Offlinetheocean06
Yeah, I've donefour already...

Re: Illicit drug sales booming online [Re: derx]
    #3857864 - 03/02/05 05:13 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I would take that to the PM's. Don't want to post something like that on a public forum, openly.

--------------------

The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye.            - Hendrix :bow:

OfflineBlashpherion05
Stranger
Re: Illicit drug sales booming online [Re: theocean06]
    #3857995 - 03/02/05 05:38 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I know a site that has some good meds, pm me if you want the link.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service