Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Cob webs on my casings and how I fought back
    #381579 -

I had my casing colonizing for a week, and a few days ago I opened it up, and it seemed like the top layer of coco fiber (gro-brick) was drying out, so I poured some brita filtered water into a spray bottle and misted the top good. The next day, there was a cob web type growth all across the top, but it was very thin so I just scrapped it all off, and then I did something that seems unheard of.. I gave the coco fiber a quick mist of lysol. I thought what the hell.. I'm either fucked or I'm not.. might as well try.

So, next day I open it up and sure as hell there is all kinds of mycelium growing out of the middle, so I covered that with some dry coco fiber so i can try to make the growth even across the top, but I did notice some of the other contam was still lingering, though hardly any was left.. i scraped that off, and then covered it again, and today more mycelium had grown up in and around the same place i covered with dry coir so things look good but there was STILL just a tiny smidge of cob web contam.. you can tell because it is grey kind of..

So.. what should I do? What is this about H2o2? How is it used and when? What does it do? I will search and read but any explainations or advice here would really be very helpful!!! Thanks !!!!

Moonrawk

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin


--------------------
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cob webs on my casings and how I fought back [Re: moonrawk]
    #381658 -

dont use lysol.
Buy some h202 (hydrogen peroxide) which can be found at places like drug stores, supermarkets, etc. It's where the "band-aids" and all that stuff is. Mix one part h202 with 2 parts water. Put this in your spray bottle, and spray the contam. I've heard that some people use h202 right out of the bottle as well...

To prevent molds: 1 part h202 with 9 parts water in a spray bottle. Mist like normal with this water.

LEGALIZE...


--------------------
LEGALIZE...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cob webs on my casings and how I fought back [Re: moonrawk]
    #381678 -

Use the Hydrogen Peroxide STRAIGHT UP, not diluted. per
Hawkseye tek "H2o2 works great.. it doesn't destroy the mycelium. It temporarily does a little harm to the
mycelium, but it does recover and continues growing in a few days."

www.thehawkseye.com


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cob webs on my casings and how I fought back [Re: Shiznitz]
    #381688 -

The peroxide won't do much to the cobweb mold either. It is safe to use on all mycelium, it only kills spores and bacteria not pre-existing and established mycelium.

Novelty


--------------------
Vote Jonnyshaggs in the next election for GOD...Its the responsible choice

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cob webs on my casings and how I fought back [Re: jonnyshaggs420]
    #382436 -

H202 kills Cobweb Mold. My aquantince had almost the entire top of 2 of his 50/50 casings contaminated with Cobweb when he checked them once. He took a slightly diluted solution of H202 and sprayed them down liberally. The next day no cobweb and it never returned. The trays fruited normally.

"That is not dead which may eternal lie..and with strange eons even death may die."


--------------------
"That is not dead which may eternal lie..and with strange eons even death may die."
Vote Great Cthulhu for President. Why vote for a lesser evil?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cob webs on my casings and how I fought back [Re: moonrawk]
    #384652 -

may i humbly suggest that you get out of the habit of using britta filtered water on your shrooms. the act of letting the water sit around unclorinated in an unsterilized container is inviting any contams in your space to go directly into your culture.

water straight out of the tap in nearly all cities in US is free of contams that you need worry about. if in doubt, boil it, or get water that's been distilled.

you and your shrooms will be happy that you did. good luck.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Cob Webs? phyzikal11 1,778 2 01/20/02 01:03 AM
by SThomas
* Cob web picture Bavet 1,170 3 02/14/03 01:58 AM
by Bilge
* Is cob web dangerous ? tomldp 1,724 2 12/08/01 04:46 PM
by flaw
* cob web? archnut 1,146 1 05/28/02 01:03 PM
by Roadkill
* green cob web mold? moldmaster 1,153 1 01/24/03 02:05 PM
by TeKn0
* Possible Cob web? pic *DELETED* PJDIDDLE 894 5 08/31/03 02:26 PM
by Anonymous
* Cob Web ? **Pics** Fd3000 1,362 3 07/24/02 01:19 PM
by snowbunny
* Cob Web ? dementiarecords 1,402 2 06/18/01 12:30 AM
by nononsense

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
2,090 topic views. 15 members, 165 guests and 108 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.019 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 14 queries.