Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleMarioNett
Stranger
Pain in the ass rat.
    #3835360 - 02/26/05 01:30 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

This is Phobos, and you're witnessing only the latest in a long and annoying series of escapes. I got Phobos as a young'un about two weeks ago, and soon discovered that she had a talent for flattening herself into a ribbon less than 3/4" thick. That cage in the background is one I've always used for rats before, and is the original one she moved into. She didn't have much trouble breaking out of it though, she just picked a spot and oozed right through. The cloth and the plastic mesh were my futile attempts to keep her in there.

Now that makeshift laundry basket cage has held her for a little over a week, but it sucks because:
A) I can't mount a water bottle on it, so I have to use a bowl of water, and Phobos soon came to the conclusion that I had given her a toilet. How thoughtful of me.
B) Water bowl is to toilet as plastic is to lunch. As you can see. soon it will be neither a functional cage nor a functional laundry basket.

About a half hour ago, I decided Phobos was fattened up enough to go back into the real cage, but she got out again. I'll be damned if I know how, since I don't think she can fit through the bars anymore. I think she pulled the metal frame away from the plastic base. So she's back in the laundry/detention basket. She's not as timid as she was when I first got her, which means I can't get her to stop chewing through that basket even when I'm right here watching her. And sooner or later she's going to figure out that she can chew around the curve and make a hole in the exposed side, where she can get out again.

I don't know why I bothered to post all this, but it's bugging the hell out of me having to hear her chomping on the plastic all the time, and I can't think about anything else. The last rats I had were fat and mellow, and I never had to worry about escapes. Maybe somebody knows a secret about how to keep a rat in its place.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleLiz
Owl Lady
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Massachusetts
Re: Pain in the ass rat. [Re: MarioNett]
    #3835418 - 02/26/05 01:50 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

barb wire.

no seriously, you should go to the hardware store and buy metal mesh fencing material, like the kind that keeps small critters from getting into gardens. that would probably work.

--------------------
Remember, remember the fifth of November
The gunpowder treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot.

Invisibleblissedout
Male User Gallery

Loc: Yonder Flag
Re: Pain in the ass rat. [Re: MarioNett]
    #3835445 - 02/26/05 02:01 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Give her some pot to eat, so she can chill out.

--------------------

:murray:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub