Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineFood
---Beast---

Loc: Siberia
j *DELETED*
    #3808228 - 02/20/05 07:20 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Post deleted by order of the peace - Reason:Stupid annoying post !

--------------------
--------mushworld.com-----More info than you can throw a stick at-

Edited by Food (02/23/05 11:58 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: What I completely honestly think of Americans as a European [Re: Food]
    #3808288 - 02/20/05 07:34 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I understand your anger.

Being a citizen of the USA, I can easily see where other countries would hate our GOVERNMENT.

Don't believe that we are all evil/stupid/lazy or fat.

We aren't. Most of us are just hard working people trying to make our way in the world.

I agree with your assessment of George W. I think he is, without a doubt, the DUMBEST president we have had in our history. I don't know too many people who actually voted for the man.....yet there his DUMB ass is, sitting in the W.H. once again.

America is NOT the land of the FREE. Far from it. Many European countries have more personal freedoms than we Americans do.

We have a puppet government, run by corporate $$$$$.

Have you ever seen "The Manchurian Candidate" with Danzel Washington? Its a good movie about a corporation trying to put a "president for hire" in the W.H.

Reminds me of George W Bush.

I can understand your HATRED for the USA....

just dint hate ALL of us Americans.

InvisibleJim
 User Gallery

#3808300 - 02/20/05 07:36 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

what country are you from?

--------------------
Use the Fucking Reply To Feature You Lazy Pieces of Shit!

afoaf said:
Jim, if you were in my city, I would let you fuck my wife.

OfflineKada
Asha'man
Male User Gallery
Loc: Buckeye Flag
    #3808304 - 02/20/05 07:37 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Dont judge me by by the people i hate too. i agree with you. and i am too deeply afraid our idiotic backward ass old government, with their better than you attitude. I am not my government, i do not support my government. i dont even vote. not because i hate america, i love it, i love the people. but the government does what ever it wants. we have no voice, voting is a joke. as far as i am concerned, most people in this country are blind by a bunch of manipulative power hungry assholes. $$$$ talks.
Freedom is when the government is afraid of the people, not the people afraid of the government.
And hey, me and my wife are not fat. But i wouldn't hate you if you were, im cool like that. Dont look at me and see a power hungry government, look at me and see someone that want to live in peace and be cool, most people just wanna live their lives here. When i was younger, me and my friends had a saying, fuck the government, not america.

--------------------
~The Cultivators Motherload~

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies.
My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness."-Dalai Lama

Live long and prosper.

OfflineSunshinePounder
The Girl withthe Sun in HerEyes

Loc: Peace Man!
Re: What I completely honestly think of Americans as a European [Re: niteowl]
    #3808323 - 02/20/05 07:44 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

No, we are not all stupid, lazy and fat.
Our lovely government makes those too :smile:

:lol: I'm makin' snide remarks about a country I don't even live in :smile:

--------------------
My [url=www.http://tinyurl.com/6valr target=_blank]Unitarian Jihad Name[/url] is: Sister Claymore of The Short Path
Get yours

If I was the sun, I'd look for the shade~Liberty

Baby I love you, and you love me. Let's love each other to eternity~

Edited by SunshinePounder (02/20/05 07:45 PM)

Offlinejoe666
The ReverendToke DBK
 User Gallery

Loc: Southern by grace of God Flag
    #3808388 - 02/20/05 07:57 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

bring this over to OTD

PLEASE!!!

--------------------
"A politician is like a baby's diaper, it should be changed often and for the same reason"-Coy Turner Sr.

"what is a weed, a plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered"--Ralph Waldo Emerson

"I'm sippin Hennessy, riding on my muthafucking enemies" -Meek Mill.

OfflineFood
---Beast---

Re: What I completely honestly think of Americans as a European [Re: SunshinePounder]
    #3808389 - 02/20/05 07:57 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I am not really from a country - no I'm not Siberian - thats just me being silly to add to the idea of being a Yeti .
I am from a tiny Island called Jersey (where new Jersey got its name) it kind of is but also isnt part of the UK and its sort of french but is not, its nearest to france but no I dont speak french .

Yes maybe I was rather harsh but I was trying be be honest .
Sorry bout that .

Oh yeah thanks for the replies - I am impressed with the content .

--------------------

Edited by Food (02/20/05 07:59 PM)

Invisiblericochet
    #3808393 - 02/20/05 07:58 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

yeah, I'm an American. I don't really associate myself as American and am not quick to defend my country. I've never really felt aligned with this country and am only here by association and because this is where I was born. I want to get out of here ASAP (and plan to live abroad within the next 7 months), and I'm definitely not alone. I can't say it'll be utopia elsewhere, but like someone else said Europe and elsewhere tend to be more "free" than here. it's just that most people don't want to and can't leave everything and everyone they know just because things are rocky here in the U.S.

you said you didn't want to generalize, but you did. not all Americans are ignorant, lazy, bubble-dwellers and you know that but it's easy to get frustrated because of the current situation. many people are just trying to get by and just live their lives and hold onto some semblance of roots and stability. we are an isolated country with a limited worldview thanks largely to our media who briefly skim over world matters and do not prepare us to be a global nation, especially not to be the world's most powerful nation.

I work for the largest corporation (that will remain unnamed) that most represents America in my opinion in that it goes into neighborhoods and runs out the smaller, locally own businesses by offering cheap prices. many people sacrifice their values and ideals for convenience and cheapness. America is the bully of the world and has been on a continual powertrip over the past few decades. it's not going to change, and things aren't going to get better until the American empire crumbles, which will be within the next few generations I imagine and slightly hope. I'm not anti-American, I'm just pro-Earth.

I don't really know what to say to be honest. I feel so isolated and voiceless every day. many people become comfortable and dependant on the system that they (hopefully) mostly despise. we don't all love our government and especially don't love the people in power. we're undergoing a huge fear campaign in which people are told what to think and what not to think and how to live. our rights (and potential for personal freedoms) are constantly being eroded even if you choose to ignore this and are not immediately affected right now.

I'll not ramble much more but just wrap this up by saying I hope that the majority of America wakes up before it's too late (and the pessimist/realist in me says the time is up). I think the American lifestyle makes people apathetic and isolated and gives a feeling that they can't change anything even if they realize these universal problems and want to work for change.

I empathize with anti-American (government) feelings and completely understand where it's coming from. many Americans don't understand why our government is hated or choose to ignore it and instead think everyone hates them personally. I realize most non-Americans don't hate _me_ but hate that (the collective) "me" and others could allow such fuckheads to be in power who are so negatively affecting their country and relations with the rest of the world.

I can't say things will get better..at least not in the next 40-50 years. even when Bush is out of power, the same agenda will be pushed. a Democrat is going to stay in Iraq and push for Iran and elsewhere to establish an even greater military presence in the Middle East and (imo) eventually China to at least neutralize China's influence and eventual world power. blahblahblah. this has been said before by others I'm sure, and I don't profess to be saying anything new. I just think the rest of the world sometimes needs reassurance that a lot of Americans realize where you're coming from, and we're trying to educate and make change. it's a slow process and basically an impossible battle, but I still feel that it's my duty as an American and a human to try to act in the interests of everyone.

it's really unpopular in my region of the country to speak out against the government and to really think outside of what is expected of me. every day I'm baffled at the people I see and how stuck they are in their ways. I just try to remain positive and do what I can while I'm here.

I almost feel like a traitor for wanting to leave but feel that I'll be more effective outside the U.S. to help those that my country has affected so negatively.

sorry for the longass semi-drunken rambling, but I don't really have anyone locally that is very willing to listen to my rants and opinions. if anyone wants to PM me about anything I've said here or to talk further, go for it. peace.

edit: typos

Edited by ricochet (02/20/05 08:05 PM)

OfflineFood
---Beast---

Re: What I completely honestly think of Americans as a European [Re: ricochet]
    #3808418 - 02/20/05 08:03 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Ricochet - Excellent post I thought .

Thank you .

--------------------

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #3808420 - 02/20/05 08:03 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

ricochet......You MUST work for Wally World!!!!!!!

InvisibleGnuBobo
Frilly Cuffs Extraordinaire
 User Gallery

Loc: Charisma
    #3808423 - 02/20/05 08:04 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

How many times have you been to the States?

--------------------
Jerry Garcia. JERRY GARCIA! JERRY GARCIA!!!!

OfflineFood
---Beast---

Re: What I completely honestly think of Americans as a European [Re: GnuBobo]
    #3808444 - 02/20/05 08:08 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Yes good question GnuBobo I have only been once - however I lived with an American in Canada for a while, and know many people that have lived in and holidayed In America .Still though - Good point .

--------------------

Edited by Food (02/20/05 08:09 PM)

InvisibleGnuBobo
Frilly Cuffs Extraordinaire
 User Gallery

Loc: Charisma
    #3808450 - 02/20/05 08:10 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

It's just that it's such a large country with so many types of people. It's really hilarious the images and impressions that people in other countries conjure up through their media filtrations.

--------------------
Jerry Garcia. JERRY GARCIA! JERRY GARCIA!!!!

Invisiblericochet
    #3808451 - 02/20/05 08:10 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

niteowl said:
ricochet......You MUST work for Wally World!!!!!!!

guilty as charged.

I loved South Park's take on Wal-Mart. the first store comes into town, and everyone loves it because it's cheap and convenient but then realize that it's essentially negative and putting all the smaller businesses out of business. then, everyone has to work for Wal-Mart because there are no other jobs. then, Wal-Mart becomes this entity unto itself that is like a supernatural evil that cannot be stopped. like I said, I think that's somewhat analogous to the United States especially in its influence on those other nations (smaller businesses) of the world (or community) and its seemingly unstoppable power.

OfflineKada
Asha'man
Male User Gallery
Loc: Buckeye Flag
    #3808458 - 02/20/05 08:12 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

yea he said everything i pretty much think. hey food, can we live with you for a while? lol.
thanks for making me feel like a prisoner. ill sleep well tonight over here in the "free" usa. lol.
Its not that bad for real. we are not as bad as whomever you have been talking to, or whatever you read or watched.

--------------------
~The Cultivators Motherload~

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies.
My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness."-Dalai Lama

Live long and prosper.

Edited by Kada (02/20/05 08:14 PM)

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
Re: What I completely honestly think of Americans as a European [Re: GnuBobo]
    #3808466 - 02/20/05 08:13 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

many of us in the younger american bracket our doing our best to activate change, and many of us arent.  america will eat itself eventually, and i plan on not being around for it when those final days come. 

its funny i just mentionaed trying to change things, while in the same sentace i pretty much declared we will fall, like all evil empires do... pretty bleak from this american. 

and arrogant? hell yes, even the good ones :wink:

:heart:

Casil

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

InvisibleTYL3R
I'm a teapot User Gallery

#3808472 - 02/20/05 08:15 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Freedom Frys, Bitches.

No but for real -  BUSH = DUMBASS
The only people i know that would vote for him are over 60. Excluding Supernova :smirk:.

Hate our Govorment. Don't hate us.

:rockon:~TYLER~:rockon:

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

#3808481 - 02/20/05 08:16 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I did not take time to read whatever it is that was said in this thread. With that said... :whocares:

America's government sucks, we know. More than half our population is ignorant, we know. We have a lot of fat asses, we know. What else is there to say? It was not my choice to be born into a society of dumbasses.

OfflineFreeLaws1_6
No Hippy Here

Loc: Tejas
    #3808482 - 02/20/05 08:16 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

HAHAHA! that is quite funny... thanks for venting Food. it is good to know what some non-americans think of americans. pretty interesting!

--------------------
Free Laws: Things to understand before I am Free

1. I am alone
2. There is Nothing
3. I must actualize myself
4. Sex is a tool for pleasure, not status
5. Dependency restricts me
6. Emotions are dangerous if not administered properly

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
Re: What I completely honestly think of Americans as a European [Re: DNKYD]
    #3808489 - 02/20/05 08:17 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

if we were in S&P i could argue that your soul chose its destination before given mortal birth!

but were not so ill just agree :smirk:

:heart:

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates